Post subject: Rockman 7 EP (new hack by Rockman 4MI author)
Editor, Skilled player (1938)
Link to video Rockman 7 EP is a new hack by Puresabe (author of Rockman 4 Minus Infinity) that came out about a month ago. I did a TAS in the meantime. This is my 2nd test TAS of "all items", finishing the game in 52m40s. Can be improved, although I don't think it can get lower than 52m at this point. "any%" is 4-5 minutes faster but I am not interested in any%. Note: "all items"/"100%" means getting the Proto Shield and upgrading it to the Hero Shield by letting it get hit enough, and getting the Rush Adaptor and buying Nova Adaptor from the Auto Shop. At 1:02:32 in the above video, the credits tells you whether you achieved "100%" by saying "OK" for it. If you're looking for more information, there is this playthrough by JupiHornet as well as some speedruns; the best speedrun time at this time of writing is 58m11s in the "any%" category.
Post subject: Rockman 7 EP
I decided to try out this ROM Hack for myself. Mega Man 7 ROM Hacking has been taken to new levels! All new stage layouts, new enemy and boss behavior, and more! I like that one enemy that acts like Sir Kibble from Kirby, and the behavior of Peterchy (the walking eye who normally appears in Stages like Spark Man and Freeze Man's). And whenever you fall, as long as you have enough HP, Beat is always there to save you! I like the Mega Man 11 style weapon switching by holding X and the direction based on the character select screen position, and holding A for Rush, Beat & Eddie items. The hack supplies you with so many lives, Energy Tanks and Weapon Tanks! It even increased how many tanks you can hold at once. The Slash Man boss fight is a lot more tolerable here, without the random falling ketchup thingies. Slash himself kinda channels Street Fighter's Claw a bit. Cloud Man's weapon feels like Splash Woman's Laser Trident with how it can quickly penetrate enemies. Overall, this ROM Hack is worthy of an entry at TASVideos.
I like Doraemon
Emulator Coder
Location: In his lab studying psychology to find new ways to torture TASers and forumers
I am not Bubbleman. I love the Castlevania level. Overall, it looks like a fairly well made hack.
Warning: Opinions expressed by Nach or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of Nach himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.