Post subject: JPN TAS Discord Server Banned
TiKevin83
He/Him
Ambassador, Moderator, Site Developer, Player (119)
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4136)
For context: The JPN TAS Discord server was entirely banned from Discord, for apparently hosting illegal loli content in private (role-locked) channels. Discord also appears to have gone the extra mile and banned everyone who was in said Discord server, even if they had not posted nor had any sort of access to said private channels. "A ton of TASVideos staff banned" is a bit of an exaggeration, by my count 4 or 5 (out of 23) TASVideos staff members on Discord are currently banned from the platform. I expect these bans to be reversed eventually, after appeals (hopefully) come through. Granted, it's still a messy situation. I can sort of understand why Discord went with the mass-nuke option, although it obviously is quite unfair to many innocent users who got banned, and they should have investigated the case more thoroughly before nuking everyone from the server. I hope it can be sorted out soon.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Memory
She/Her
Site Admin, Skilled player (1522)
Kevin's appeal was apparently already denied. I have my doubts.
[16:36:31] <Mothrayas> I have to say this argument about robot drug usage is a lot more fun than whatever else we have been doing in the past two+ hours
[16:08:10] <BenLubar> a TAS is just the limit of a segmented speedrun as the segment length approaches zero
Emulator Coder, Judge, Experienced player (595)
Got hit by it too, will be going under SeriousPokePlayer#2838.
nymx
He/Him
Editor, Judge, Skilled player (1637)
I was also banned.
I recently discovered that if you haven't reached a level of frustration with TASing any game, then you haven't done your due diligence. ---- SOYZA: Are you playing a game? NYMX: I'm not playing a game, I'm TASing. SOYZA: Oh...so its not a game...Its for real? ---- Anybody got a Quantum computer I can borrow for 20 minutes? Nevermind...eien's 64 core machine will do. :) ---- BOTing will be the end of all games. --NYMX
Experienced player (630)
Man, this sucks.
Here, my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/dekutony
Samsara
She/They
Senior Judge, Site Admin, Expert player (2120)
Noxxa wrote:
...by my count 4 or 5 (out of 23) TASVideos staff members on Discord are currently banned from the platform.
To give an update on this figure, 7 staff members are now confirmed to have been banned: * GoddessMaria * Memory * fsvgm777 * EZGames69 * Spikestuff * CasualPokePlayer * TiKevin83 Anyone who was affected by this, try opening an appeal with Discord: Trust & Safety > Appeals, age update, or other questions > Appeal an action taken on my account or bot > An action taken on my account. Hopefully all wrongfully banned accounts will be reinstated, this has been an absolute nightmare since it began.
TASvideos Admin and acting Senior Judge 💙 | Cohost
warmCabin wrote:
You shouldn't need a degree in computer science to get into this hobby.
Editor, Skilled player (1278)
Same for me, currently trying to appeal...
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4136)
A handful of people, including Stovent and CasualPokePlayer from staff, have been unbanned by Discord after appeals, so it does at least look like Discord is working towards unbanning people that had nothing to do with the JPN TAS server's illegal content. However, some appeals have been rejected or have not gone through, so it's still far from over.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
xxezrabxxx
He/Him
Noxxa wrote:
A handful of people, including Stovent and CasualPokePlayer from staff, have been unbanned by Discord after appeals, so it does at least look like Discord is working towards unbanning people that had nothing to do with the JPN TAS server's illegal content. However, some appeals have been rejected or have not gone through, so it's still far from over.
It may take up to 2-3 weeks to resolve this fully if they do at all, some accounts will probably get left in the dark. It’s unfortunate.
I like to comment on submissions and look around the site. You have probably seen me before (if you have been around for a while) either on the site, Discord, or any other social media. I recently took up making temporary encodes for new submissions. Also, I never forget to greet Tompa wherever I find him! "when resyncing stuff sucks it's called Resuccing" - EZGames69 “If an emulator stops being accepted to the site it should be called an emuLAMEr” - EZGames69 "oh no discord, everything I say will now be logged forever, sdfsdf, time to hide" - Masterjun "just had to give therapy to a taxi with daddy issues" - psx Current Projects: Mother 3 (75% complete)
nymx
He/Him
Samsara wrote:
Anyone who was affected by this, try opening an appeal with Discord: Trust & Safety > Appeals, age update, or other questions > Appeal an action taken on my account or bot > An action taken on my account. Hopefully all wrongfully banned accounts will be reinstated, this has been an absolute nightmare since it began.
I had already submitted a request, but apparently...I didn't use these selections. It might be important that we all submit under the same selections to ensure that we are in fact part of a community that was wrongfully targeted. I just resubmitted according to Samsara's instruction.
I recently discovered that if you haven't reached a level of frustration with TASing any game, then you haven't done your due diligence. ---- SOYZA: Are you playing a game? NYMX: I'm not playing a game, I'm TASing. SOYZA: Oh...so its not a game...Its for real? ---- Anybody got a Quantum computer I can borrow for 20 minutes? Nevermind...eien's 64 core machine will do. :) ---- BOTing will be the end of all games. --NYMX
Memory
She/Her
It appears that the rejections are being sent out by a bot, which is extremely annoying.
[16:36:31] <Mothrayas> I have to say this argument about robot drug usage is a lot more fun than whatever else we have been doing in the past two+ hours
[16:08:10] <BenLubar> a TAS is just the limit of a segmented speedrun as the segment length approaches zero
So far I am at 2 rejections from the bot, does someone who got unbanned as a contact from the Discord support because it's really annoying to deal with this bot every time...
Player (16)
Blog post from the server adminstrator (in Japanese), linked for reference.
nymx
He/Him
lapogne36 wrote:
So far I am at 2 rejections from the bot, does someone who got unbanned as a contact from the Discord support because it's really annoying to deal with this bot every time...
I'm just now realizing that this BOT is the focus of my aggravation as well. I also have received 2 rejections with one having a second review. This BOT is not capable of determining what is actually occurring. Why have a BOT, if it is not able to see the truth in this situation?
Memory
She/Her
everyone having issues, try dming @discord on twitter with your claim number and ask something along the lines of:
Hi I sent an appeal of my disabled account that got rejected X separate times. My ID of the latest appeal was XXXXXXXX. All X were rejected by a bot, I have no human reviewing my appeals. Please have a human review my appeal.
I finally got a response due to doing something like that.
I wonder, was it known by everyone that there was a lolicon channel in that server? Or only a specific group? (Rest of the post removed due to privacy concerns of mine)
xxezrabxxx
He/Him
Glacial wrote:
I wonder, was it known by everyone that there was a lolicon channel in that server? Or only a specific group?
Majority of the people wasn’t here as it was locked behind a role.
I like to comment on submissions and look around the site. You have probably seen me before (if you have been around for a while) either on the site, Discord, or any other social media. I recently took up making temporary encodes for new submissions. Also, I never forget to greet Tompa wherever I find him! "when resyncing stuff sucks it's called Resuccing" - EZGames69 “If an emulator stops being accepted to the site it should be called an emuLAMEr” - EZGames69 "oh no discord, everything I say will now be logged forever, sdfsdf, time to hide" - Masterjun "just had to give therapy to a taxi with daddy issues" - psx Current Projects: Mother 3 (75% complete)
nymx
He/Him
I just got my discord back.
Finally managed to get my account back after filling an appeal with minimal information, apart from "please give me a human being" to maximize the probability of actually getting one. Still got the "Please be aware of the servers that you're in, and the content that they post" though.
fsvgm777
She/Her
Senior Publisher, Player (221)
Got my account back as well.
Steam Community page - Cohost profile Oh, I'm just a concerned observer.
EZGames69
He/They
Publisher, Reviewer, Expert player (3964)
Im back too
[14:15] <feos> WinDOES what DOSn't 12:33:44 PM <Mothrayas> "I got an oof with my game!" Mothrayas Today at 12:22: <Colin> thank you for supporting noble causes such as my feet MemoryTAS Today at 11:55 AM: you wouldn't know beauty if it slapped you in the face with a giant fish [Today at 4:51 PM] Mothrayas: although if you like your own tweets that's the online equivalent of sniffing your own farts and probably tells a lot about you as a person MemoryTAS Today at 7:01 PM: But I exert big staff energy honestly lol Samsara Today at 1:20 PM: wouldn't ACE in a real life TAS just stand for Actually Cease Existing
xxezrabxxx
He/Him
I’m back
Experienced player (630)
Yup. I got my account back too.
Here, my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/dekutony
TiKevin83
He/Him
Ambassador, Moderator, Site Developer, Player (119)
Mine was also unbanned! It's a whole party of unbannings