1 2
11 12 13
18 19
Player (80)
Good chance. Give it a week. ;)
ideamagnate| .seen aqfaq <nothing happens> DK64_MASTER| .seen nesvideoagent * DK64_MASTER slaps forehead
Player (80)
ideamagnate| .seen aqfaq <nothing happens> DK64_MASTER| .seen nesvideoagent * DK64_MASTER slaps forehead
upthorn
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Active player (388)
I made Sega CD savestates work. TASing is still going to be difficult, due to variable read times (I'm working on addressing this issue), but it's a step. Here's the thread. http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3809
How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks.
Active player (410)
New Gens release. Time to update it. It already has sega cd savestate support. Now, it needs to be patched with jyzero&nitsuja's version.
SXL
we're still waiting for gens+ (sms/gg support) to get the same treatment, so I guess you'll have to wait more than you'd hope, to see either of those to be done.
I never sleep, 'cause sleep is the cousin of death - NAS
Emulator Coder, Skilled player (1300)
Phil wrote:
New Gens release. Time to update it. It already has sega cd savestate support.
But isn't it the same Sega CD savestate support we already have? I mean, it says on the Gens site that the Sega CD savestate contributions were by upthorn.
Active player (410)
yes, I've noticed that on their offcial site. So, nothing new :(.
upthorn
He/Him
nitsuja wrote:
Phil wrote:
New Gens release. Time to update it. It already has sega cd savestate support.
But isn't it the same Sega CD savestate support we already have? I mean, it says on the Gens site that the Sega CD savestate contributions were by upthorn.
Yes, it's the same SegaCD savestate I made, and a slightly outdated version, however, there are a couple of other changes listed, so it might be worth checking through the source.
How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks.
Bug that I should have told you about ages ago, but never remembered until now: Rarely, but completely randomly (maybe once or twice a month), Gens will stop responding, the screen will freeze, and it will emulate the game as fast as the computer will let it - you can hear the sound from the game sped up insanely. It will continue playing the movie if one is loaded. It also only happens with the movie mod of Gens, and it's happened to me with all the versions I have used, which are 9a, 9c and 9f. Does anyone know about this yet? I would like to see it fixed.
I tried to record Klax movie - luck manipulated blocks I needed by rerecording and adjusting time before new block appears. When I watched movie, absolutely different blocks appeared, and movie was totally out of sync =(
As for the Gens 9g version, which I didn't notice until yesterday, are those "0-9 keys load savestates" optional? If not, PLEASE make them optional, especially if they're going to be in every version afterwards.
if nitsuja will take this project from now on then may be he should make new topic that would be sticked instead of this one? and please, make buttons configurable, I prefer to use 1-5 keys as load0-save0-rewind-pause-frame_advance in every emulator (well, there is no rewind in gens, so I don't use 3) =(
upthorn
He/Him
Hopefully it's not too presumptuous to call this version 9H Well, if there's an objection I can change the name. Anyway, I added the following features to Nitsuja's Gens 9G
-Input settings automatically load from GMV unless unknown; no more "wrong controller setting" desyncs.
-Three player input display using RGB channels
	--In two player mode, Player 1 is Blue, Player 2 is Yellow
	--In three player mode, Player 1 is Blue, Player 1B is Green, Player 1C is Red
	--If two or more players are pressing a button at the same time, the colors add (R + G + B = White)
-Based off of my version of Gens with SegaCD savestate support
You can get it here: http://www.savefile.com/files.php?fid=8506757 diffgtoh.txt is a diff format patch which will bring Nitsuja's 9G source code up to this version
Active player (410)
Is savestates in Sega CD in development or 100% reliable?
upthorn
He/Him
They currently work about as well as Savestates in 32X.
They won't help for making movies though since cd load times still vary, right?
I like my "thank you"s in monetary form.
upthorn
He/Him
NrgSpoon wrote:
They won't help for making movies though since cd load times still vary, right?
Right. And I'm still looking for a solution to that problem.
Active player (410)
So it's not 100% reliable but 50% :P
upthorn
He/Him
Phil wrote:
So it's not 100% reliable but 50% :P
Actually, it's about 90% reliable.
Active player (410)
I mean 50% or less because we can't use them to make movies since movie recording is unstable and it always desync. It will be 100% or near when we will be able to use them to make movies that play well.
Mitjitsu
He/Him
Banned User, Experienced player (532)
An error I've found is if I have two Gens running at once and then close a one of them down and reload a movie, the game will run correctly, but you get a completely black screen. I know itsgame is running since I can hear the sound in the background.
AKA wrote:
An error I've found is if I have two Gens running at once and then close a one of them down and reload a movie, the game will run correctly, but you get a completely black screen. I know itsgame is running since I can hear the sound in the background.
Can you give more specific directions? I opened 2 Gens, opened the same ROM in both of them, sterted playing a movie in both of them, then closed one and started playing a movie in the other, and there was no black screen problem.
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
I have the same problem. It's not connected to playing movies. Steps for reproducing: 1) Open two Gens 2) Open a ROM in each (not necessarily the same one) 3) Close the first Gens. The other Gens goes black but the game runs as usual. Workaround: Press Alt+Enter (maximize) twice. Actually, step 2 is optional, but it's easier to realize that the game continues if there is music.
upthorn
He/Him
Truncated wrote:
Workaround: Press Alt+Enter (maximize) twice.
Actually, if you hit f11 or f12, or if you select any render mode from the "graphics -> render" menu, that will bring it out of the blackscreen.
Truncated wrote:
3) Close the first Gens. The other Gens goes black but the game runs as usual.
This doesn't happen for me. The other Gens keeps going without turning black. I think it's because my display is set to 16-bit color, meaning that supporting 32-bit color will fix this bug as a side effect.
1 2
11 12 13
18 19