Editor, Active player (296)
About 9 hours ago (from the time of this posting) there was an unscheduled blackdown, which shut down servers and stuff. The site was unaccessible until about 8am (4.5 hours ago) when I woke up. The forums were unaccessible until about now, when I repaired the mysql tables. However, there will be a scheduled downtime of 2-3 hours in about 16 hours because of some cable work in the building.
Post subject: Re: Downtime 2006-06-08
Bisqwit wrote:
However, there will be a scheduled downtime of 2-3 hours in about 16 hours because of some cable work in the building.
Which is now over.
Post subject: Possible downtime 2006-06-26
Later at evening today, I'll try reconfiguring some settings in my ADSL modem/router. It will cause a downtime that will last for something between 1 hour to 4 hours, depending how lucky I am. :) My modem is currently configured as a router / NAT box, but because its resources are rather limited as we have seen, I'll try to configure it as a dummy bridge or something, and configure the server as a gateway instead, in the hope that it will ease the modem's load; it would only have to pass packets from place A to place B without concerning itself about connection tracking and stuff.
Post subject: Re: Possible downtime 2006-06-26
Reconfigurations done now. Unfortunately, the modem stopped responding to its HTTP calls... I'll have to fix that some day, by resetting it to factory settings... But hopefully, the line performance has increased now. If not, blame TNSe. ;)