1 2
9 10
Post subject: Luigi's Mansion
Editor, Expert player (2312)
I love this game. The 100% run on SDA has been one of my favorite runs for quite some time.
Player (244)
This really was a great game! I'm wondering a couple things: 1) Is 100% maximum money or just all the ghosts? (Maximum money is possible, though it's not a nice number and I can't remember it off the top of my head) 2) If it's max money, can this be done on the first playthrough? I don't think it's possible without tools, as I remember some of the later ghosts taking a few attempts (meaning you'll lose money).
SDA's definition of 100% is to catch all the 50 Boos and to earn an A Ranking. The maximum money that can be acquired in the normal Mansion is said to be 142,390,000G in this guide on GameFAQs. 192,390,000G for the Hidden Mansion. On the PAL version, you need 150,000,000G for an A Rank, on the US and JPN versions, you need only 100,000,000G. You can't get an A rank when playing the normal Mansion on PAL. I've investigated the glitch I linked in the first post a bit. We can reach the second area early with it, but the gate to it will still be locked, so probably it will remain locked even after beating the 2nd boss. I also want to see if something special happens if you just go on playing without going back to the lab after the first boss.
ALAKTORN
He/Him
Player (99)
MUGG wrote:
SDA's definition of 100% is to catch all the 50 Boos and to earn an A Ranking. The maximum money that can be acquired in the normal Mansion is said to be 142,390,000G in this guide on GameFAQs. 192,390,000G for the Hidden Mansion.
that guide is wrong max money is 142,390,000G everywhere except for PAL hidden mansion, which maxes at 186,440,000G
Player (244)
ALAKTORN wrote:
MUGG wrote:
SDA's definition of 100% is to catch all the 50 Boos and to earn an A Ranking. The maximum money that can be acquired in the normal Mansion is said to be 142,390,000G in this guide on GameFAQs. 192,390,000G for the Hidden Mansion.
that guide is wrong max money is 142,390,000G everywhere except for PAL hidden mansion, which maxes at 186,440,000G
Yeah, I seem to remember getting around 142 million in the hidden mansion. The guide has to be wrong. But yeah, a 100% all money run would be very satisfying to watch. EDIT: Also, there's a guide I have printed out that's a lot more detailed about money locations. I can't find it on the interwebs anymore, but it was written by someone with BMX in their name. There are some errors about locations, but I think the end numbers are correct (or it's the other way around).
I have to agree. A true 100% run would be AWESOME!
Player (244)
Ok, I found the guide I was talking about here. It seems like there's another decent one here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK39zJLAXk4 ...is a Youtube video(s) with all money, Gold Portraits and also all lights on in the mansion I believe. (i.e Toads talked to I guess.)
ALAKTORN wrote:
MUGG wrote:
Yes, I was mistaken. There is more money only in the PAL Hidden mansion. But why 184,440,000G? The guide I linked to states that there are 25 more diamonds in PAL Hidden Mansion, and therefore there is 50,000,000G more money. Also I'm finished looking into the 1.5 floor glitch. We can reach area 2 early, as I said. But if you catch the dancing pair portrait ghosts, and then release the Boos and go back to the Lab, you are forced to go get the key from the first boss to open the gate. If you get the key after releasing the Boos, the 'portraification' will be pretty much like normal, it will say you have collected 4 ghosts (rather than the usual 3) and that's it. If I don't release the Boos, I'm not sure where to go since there's no more rooms to visit. By the way, this is the current any% record by Survive: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79zJSpFRhCA&feature=related
Former player
Would it be accepted to use the PAL-Version for a "max money, hidden mansion" run? Hardest difficulty isn't in the official list of reasons to use PAL, although the general rules say that the hardest available difficulty is preferred.
Current project: Gex 3 any% Paused: Gex 64 any% There are no N64 emulators. Just SM64 emulators with hacky support for all the other games.
Collecting the 25 extra diamonds from blue ghosts and mice isn't really any harder. Actually it would be pretty annoying to TAS an 'all money' run, and I'm not sure if it'd look as good as some here anticipate...
ALAKTORN
He/Him
Player (99)
MUGG wrote:
why 184,440,000G? The guide I linked to states that there are 25 more diamonds in PAL Hidden Mansion, and therefore there is 50,000,000G more money.
a friend had this to say "The money locations (and amount of money in those locations) in the PAL Hidden Mansion and in the other versions are all the same, with one exception: money ghosts and golden mice. In the PAL Hidden Mansion, they all give 30 coins, 20 bills, 1 gold bar and 1 silver diamond each. In the other versions, the amount per money ghost and golden mice varies. Therefore, the increase is not only 25 silver diamonds, but the amount of coins, bills and gold bars also increases. The only money items that decrease in amount are the red, blue and green gems (PAL Hidden has 5 of each, whereas the others have 10 of each)."
Former player
Mugg, just curious if you've found any use of the Floor 1.5 glitch? And also this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7wJ9ie_JVU&NR=1 ... Kazooie said "I tested it. you can get to the second boss early if you can just get top of the jars what are not so high from the ground. That would be great skip :)"... Though had no luck, maybe this could be something to look into with enough testing?
The only use I found is to reach area 2 early, but you have to go back to the lab after releasing the boos. Going to the second boss early sounds amazing, I'd like to see a video of that. However, in both of these cases, you still have to go through the lower door in the Foyer which you need the first big key for. No skipping is possible in this game. However, I thought if you get in the fridge (in the 1.5 Floor glitch video) and then from there on get out of bounds again somehow, you can fall to a lower floor and things get more interesting.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Wakssbm?feature=mhee I'm currently working on this TAS.
Taming Dolphin, one frame at a time
RachelB
She/Her
Player (127)
Nice work so far. Looking forward to seeing more.
There seem to be a few possible improvements. I PMed them to you on YT.
Hmm, from what I've seen of your WIP TAS, Wak017, it looks really good. Of course, it would possibly fall under the 'Uses Warps to save Time' category when you used the mirror to warp back to the entryway. Just one question: will you be getting all the Portrait ghosts and all the Boos, or just the required ones?
new WR by survivelwr :) www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9MkdPSUSfI
Player (223)
About that floor 1.5 glitch, if we could get the other side of that fire door in the kitchen could we make it to the second major boss? and if we did that what would happen to the game if the boo's are never triggered?? :O I know that you can get above that room with the dog but I can't seem to fall through because I'm still lost as to how you fall inbounds, it just kinda happens sometimes. Would there by chance be an AR code to walk through walls? I wanna test how the game will react if we pull this off and that would be the easiest way to do it
Completed: 2010-Current | Sonic Adventure 2: Battle - Individual Level TASes 2014 | Spongebob: Battle For Bikini Bottom - Any% in 1:05:03.23 2014 | Sonic Adventure 2: Battle - Hero Story (w/ THC98) in 25:11.87 2016 | Metroid Prime - Any% in 00:37 (In-Game Time) 2018 | Spongebob: Battle For Bikini Bottom - Cheat% in 1:42.350 2020 | Spongebob: Battle For Bikini Bottom - Any% in 0:39:20.10 2022 | Spongebob: Battle For Bikini Bottom - Cheat% in 1:25.567 Currently working on: METROID PRIME ANY%
itsPersonnal wrote:
About that floor 1.5 glitch, if we could get the other side of that fire door in the kitchen could we make it to the second major boss? and if we did that what would happen to the game if the boo's are never triggered?? :O I know that you can get above that room with the dog but I can't seem to fall through because I'm still lost as to how you fall inbounds, it just kinda happens sometimes. Would there by chance be an AR code to walk through walls? I wanna test how the game will react if we pull this off and that would be the easiest way to do it
You can go to the second boss by going to the balcony and clipping through it somehow. I never managed to do it and there's no video footage of it either... I doubt the game would react in a way that we could benefit from it. After beating the second boss, we still would need to obtain the first boss' key to go through the gate at the beginning.
Player (223)
ok well I just tried to get into the bone yard for a good 2 hours with a save state at the end of the baby fight, I tried from the mom's room, the dad's room and the balcony and none of them seem to have a spot the clip in-bounds, I'm starting to think that who ever said they did this was BSing, without a video showing it I can't believe that this has been done
Completed: 2010-Current | Sonic Adventure 2: Battle - Individual Level TASes 2014 | Spongebob: Battle For Bikini Bottom - Any% in 1:05:03.23 2014 | Sonic Adventure 2: Battle - Hero Story (w/ THC98) in 25:11.87 2016 | Metroid Prime - Any% in 00:37 (In-Game Time) 2018 | Spongebob: Battle For Bikini Bottom - Cheat% in 1:42.350 2020 | Spongebob: Battle For Bikini Bottom - Any% in 0:39:20.10 2022 | Spongebob: Battle For Bikini Bottom - Cheat% in 1:25.567 Currently working on: METROID PRIME ANY%
Found a new glitch related to the Floor 1.5 glitch found by NG4MER (I think) some years ago. If you get hit by something that can touch the ceiling like a bat, a mouse or one of the pans in the kitchen in certain locations or while rotating in certain directions during the damage animation while you're on Floor 1.5, it screws up sometimes and skews Luigi's angle. Sometimes he realigns, but sometimes it will fail to realign Luigi back to the floor. I find it's easier to get your skewed angle to stick if before you get hit, your flashlight is pointed as far down as it can go, then during the damage animation, you tilt the flashlight upwards about halfway. Also, it's pretty much a requirement to use the Sidestep control scheme, you lose your skewed angle far too easily in Standard. Skewing makes your collision all wonky, making you able to fall through floors and walls when you shake them, call out to Mario, or just rub against them in a certain way. Sometimes you even jump up to the floor above you if your angle is skewed enough. Bogmire early (DEAD END): Link to video Of course, beating Bogmire early is completely pointless since the game screws up and refuses to open the door to Area 2. At least we know it's possible now, right? Mario's Glove and Slim Bankshot early: Link to video This sucks. You can end up just not falling into the room, you can end up too far outside of the room and won't be able to vacuum the billiard balls, and if you fall in without facing towards the room, you won't be able to turn around to be able to vacuum the billiard balls. More of Floor 1.5 accessible and early Area 3: Link to video This lets you break into Area 3, as well explore more of Floor 1.5. You can't do a whole lot in Area 3 since you don't have any medallions. And now, no joke, King Boo early: Link to video By doing this, you can go and finish the game right after you beat Chauncey. This means you can beat the game catching only 4 ghosts, collecting none of Mario's items, and catching none of the Boos. The trick is hell, by the way. Getting the skewed angle you need is complete garbage, and after that it's hell to get the right position and rotation to fall between the rooms without landing back in bounds, jumping to the floor above you, or simply losing your skewed angle. Mid-fall you also have to manage to fall into the wall in King Boo's hall, and then navigate out of bounds with an obscured view without triggering the scene that sends you away and without going too far out of bounds or you get stuck. Since the view is obscured after I fall into the hall, I included an overhead cam courtesy of the Free Look feature of Dolphin so you can actually tell what's going on.
that's beautiful, are you going to submit the last video for any%?
1 2
9 10