Post subject: Castlevania - No Damage
Not sure if I should post this in a new topic or not, but here goes. I'm trying to create a perfect run of Castlevania 1. I did one earlier, but it was absolutely cringeworthy. Now, I'm working on a serious version. It's already almost 20 seconds faster, and I'm looking for any help anyone can give. BTW, I used the PRG 0 version. If there's a problem with that, please say so. If there's not, please say so. Note, this is my first serious TAS.
Editor, Skilled player (1405)
Hey there. About more than a year ago, I submitted a "no subweabons, no damage" run in 13:48. And I was in the process of improving that, but I've since stalled on it. The run was rejected for poor goal choice, and honestly, I don't think a run with subweapons will fare much better. Technically, your run looks okay, except for the beginning. You can jump into the entrance to cut down some walking time. In the moat area with the mermen, you use your whip a few times without reason. Also, you could try hitting the boss earlier than you do. Best of luck with your project anyway, I always love to see some lifeblood in Castlevania. (Also, most runs use the KC version, which is nearly identical to the PRG1 version. Just FYI)