Post subject: PSXjin: video off by one
Editor, Emulator Coder, Site Developer
Top = printscreen from emulator (correct) Bottom = internal screenshot function output (incorrect) comparison video (lossless rgb x264) http://www.mediafire.com/?0bgdrnxowqihizu Error also occurs on all video dumps (not just internal screenshot function). ...
Editor, Skilled player (1941)
Maybe it's just me, but I don't see a difference between the two screenshots other than that the top one has interface stuff on it. Besides, I don't think an off-by-one video dump is anything to worry about, if I understand correctly what you mean by off-by-one (I assume that means all the frames are consistently off by one).
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4140)
The screenshot is shifted one pixel to the right compared to the print screen. Other than that (and the interface), the two shots appear to be identical (of the same frame).
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Editor, Emulator Coder, Site Developer
FractalFusion wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but I don't see a difference between the two screenshots other than that the top one has interface stuff on it. Besides, I don't think an off-by-one video dump is anything to worry about, if I understand correctly what you mean by off-by-one (I assume that means all the frames are consistently off by one).
What I'm meaning by "off by one", is that the screenshot (taken with the F12) key has everything shifted to the right one pixel. Video dumps are also like this. Watch the comparison video, it makes it pretty clear. Edit: Yes, it is the exact same frame, there's no issue there. If you shift over one pixel and then use AviSynth Subtract(), the two look exactly the same (except for the one pixel border on the right that's gone missing)
Editor, Emulator Coder
fixed in r718. an inexplicable error in the pngout (later copied to the aviout) code would cause a rounding error which only manifested on the first column and would result in the first (leftmost) column appearing twice in the output (and the rightmost column being left out)