Post subject: True Crime New York City
Cooljay
He/Him
Active player (391)
I was wondering if True Crime: New York City is TASable in Dolphin ? I am able to beat in an hour for any % unassisted. However being TASed I'm sure it would be done in less time. EDIT: Okay I checked and did some testing, and it's possible, but my system is not strong enough for it, and lags. :(
Editor, Experienced player (608)
It won't run at full speed unless you have a powerful computer. You can still TAS it accurately, but it will play back slowly.
Cooljay
He/Him
Active player (391)
CoolKirby wrote:
It won't run at full speed unless you have a powerful computer. You can still TAS it accurately, but it will play back slowly.
Does that affect Judging if the judge can't play back the movie at full speed either so to speak, but the encode can?
Editor, Experienced player (608)
No, it doesn't affect judging. That's the way Dolphin emulates (it's like that for all games), and the judges know that. The encode, of course, shows what the run would look like if your computer could play it back in full speed in Dolphin.
Cooljay
He/Him
Active player (391)
CoolKirby wrote:
No, it doesn't affect judging. That's the way Dolphin emulates (it's like that for all games), and the judges know that. The encode, of course, shows what the run would look like if your computer could play it back in full speed in Dolphin.
Alright. Just was wondering. I'll give it a try despite the lag. Among other games that I'm working on. Mainly trying to finish the Tekken one first.