Post subject: Crash Tag Team Racing
My record non-TAS for this game is about 40 minutes. And I thought that with help from others a TAS could be made of this game. This game is for other systems but the Gamecube is what I have it for. I have no way for making a TAS myself but I could certainly give out any tricks and advice, I have also found lots of good techniques that could be used.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
The tas is better for the time being on the Dolphin emulator. Even though it's young it's older than the xbox tas (doesn't even exist) and the pcsx2 tas (exists still sucks) and with loading times it's a breeze for this emulator as it take a short amount time. The tas input would be best to use as using self input (with a keyboard or controller) is a failure. I would go on but meh. An "All gags" run would be there but no gags would be watched due to being able to skip them. So (true) 100% and any% would suit this game
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
And I made a timnig mistake it took me about an hour to beat, my timer decided to stop I guess. Because I tried speedrunning it again(Same route, same order, same everything) and I can't see how I could have gotten under an hour.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Also video. Do you have a recording of this run?
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Not yet, because my camcorder is broken and the WIP (Non-Tas) on my channel(LancexTxWx) Is completely outdated. But once I get a new comcorder I hope to post a few videos and eventually a full run.(Again this is Non-tas, but still a good start)
Spikestuff
They/Them
Okay 2 glitches need to be done Getting Into Happily Ever Faster Early & Obtaining Happily's Gem Faster Obviously THIS can be destroyed even in RTA. For tas under 1hr is a must... route planning is now needed.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
Spikestuff
They/Them
You can completely bypass the first area... makes it more challenging though. I'm going to try and make a route for a low% any% (get to end as fast as possible with the 2 glitches/clitches) 100% (EVERYTHING)
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
Ok for racing if you clash and unclash right when your about to clash then you'll stay sparated but you'll still get that extra boost. if you use this at the begining of a racing you'll be in 4th place in about 10sec. I have yet to find any helpful glitches while racing other than if you die while being boost over a body of water or an abyss you'll respond on the other side maintaining the speed you were at before bing boosted if that makes sense.
With enough racing luck I bet this game could get as low at about 50 minutes. Maybe lower. Just now I did a single speedrun of the game. In Mystery island get all possible crystals but dont use the bounce pad. instead do the trick/glitch that lets you get into Happily ever faster early. Then do all modes for ONE track in Happily ever faster. You should buy the crystals from the parkworkers and obtain 2 of the field crystals. Then do the trick/glitch that lets you obtain the gem from that area early. Next in TW. dont do any of the tracks. You must also obatin 2 of the field crystals as well as buy 2 crystals from the park workers, but buy them after you have obtained the gem from that area because it's on the way to the exit. Next in Tomb town no races buy 1 crystal and get 2 field crystals head to the bounce pad get the gem. And in astro land buy or obtain 1 crystal and get the gem. I will be recording/uploading my run today.
Post subject: It's a start
Spikestuff
They/Them
So I decided to test out the intro level... I'm going to wait for 3.5 to come out before I actually start to tas this game. Link to video
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
RachelB
She/Her
Player (127)
No reason to wait for 3.5, it's coming tomorrow, and any movie made in the current latest build will like sync on it.
It's looks really except the part where you sort of fail that jump at the end. I just release my speedrun, it's not extremely clean but it's the fastest and it's got a perfect route(for the most part).
Spikestuff
They/Them
LancexExWx wrote:
It's looks really except the part where you sort of fail that jump at the end. I just release my speedrun, it's not extremely clean but it's the fastest and it's got a perfect route(for the most part).
you're right about not the fastest PeteThePlayer: http://twitch.tv/mrnojojojo/c/1794167
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
So what version of the game are we using?
Spikestuff
They/Them
LancexExWx wrote:
So what version of the game are we using?
Pete was using PS2 (FAT & No mod) and had mistakes his route is completely different to yours too.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
A previous run by MAS8705 (1h:17m) has a very good route that's where I got my route. I just impoved on it. And I don't know if completely skipping mystery islands is a good idea, because the tracks there are easy and pretty short compared to the other ones and if you do all the modes for all the tracks that would save some time. Or maybe not...
I'm pretty sure under 50minutes is possible because I'm able to get sub 50. With enough racing luck and possibly a better route I think 45 minutes is possible.
Spikestuff
They/Them
LancexExWx wrote:
A previous run by MAS8705 (1h:17m) has a very good route that's where I got my route. I just impoved on it. And I don't know if completely skipping mystery islands is a good idea, because the tracks there are easy and pretty short compared to the other ones and if you do all the modes for all the tracks that would save some time. Or maybe not...
PeteThePlayer has subbed under one hour so that route is poor. I need to watch his stream again (newer one, he bet his time) and generate a route from that for any%, 100% will obviously doing everything necessary. In races get as many KO's as you can as coin goes so high 25 is what I think a tas can get and playing with 50% bonus is great too. Rolling thunder shoot as much as you like you only get a 200 bonus at the end for beating the goal.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
Spikestuff wrote:
LancexExWx wrote:
PeteThePlayer has subbed under one hour so that route is poor. I need to watch his stream again (newer one, he bet his time) and generate a route from that for any%, 100% will obviously doing everything necessary. In races get as many KO's as you can as coin goes so high 25 is what I think a tas can get and playing with 50% bonus is great too. Rolling thunder shoot as much as you like you only get a 200 bonus at the end for beating the goal.
Well I've gotten under an hour too. With the 2 skips you just have to do all the things to obtain crystals in Mystery Islands and after that you just have to buy everything. It saves much more time. And I think it would be interesting if we managed to make a 100% tas as well but lets start with any%.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Spikestuff wrote:
For tas under 1hr is a must... route planning is now needed.
Stupid Spikestuff, Pete created a well made route for this game. :P Link to video 24th April 2013 SDA update.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
I have managed to beat his time by about 3 minutes(Mainly due to navigation). I didn't get it on video because it was meant to be a test run. But with a TAS I bet it's possible for the time to get 45 minutes. Maybe lower with heavy luck. But in his speedrun there are alot of ways that he could've done that would've been much faster than how he did it. For example when going to collect one of the power crystals he takes the platform there and that takes a good 30 seconds probably. It also took a few tries for him to get the first skip(It took me a few tries as well, but I digress). And when getting to the enterance of Tomb Town for some reason he had a bit of trouble with that. With those turtle platform if you just forward as the platform moves forward you'll go further and faster [This work with any moving platform except one's that move just up and down].
Spikestuff
They/Them
Firstly breaking up everything you wrote to make me think clearly.
LancexExWx wrote:
I have managed to beat his time by about 3 minutes(Mainly due to navigation). I didn't get it on video because it was meant to be a test run. But with a TAS I bet it's possible for the time to get 45 minutes. Maybe lower with heavy luck. But in his speedrun there are alot of ways that he could've done that would've been much faster than how he did it. -examples-
Well dammit... like my English teacher says "Not here, not done" so technically we cannot go off anything you wrote without the evidence. We are looking for below 50 so 45 minutes is fine. Heavy Luck is a joke you gain coins for everyone you take down so that's a minor bonus instead of searching around the whole round. We know... heck Pete should know... unless he ignored me that day on skype than butts... also it's marginally better than the segmented run. The major skip is the most difficult one to execute I usually get it in around 5 shots surprisingly. Also *entrance
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
It's worth noting that Pete's run also appears to be done in the European version; are there speed differences between the two? Even though there's no video documentation of specific improvements, I wouldn't be so quick to write someone's suggestions off. Perhaps if he were to describe some of the biggest timesavers, it would be telling how helping it might be.
TheReflexWonder wrote:
It's worth noting that Pete's run also appears to be done in the European version; are there speed differences between the two? Even though there's no video documentation of specific improvements, I wouldn't be so quick to write someone's suggestions off. Perhaps if he were to describe some of the biggest timesavers, it would be telling how helping it might be.
Well I could always make a little video of the tricks I used that he didn't. I'm sorry that I didn't get the run on video
Spikestuff
They/Them
TheReflexWonder wrote:
Movement is relatively the same. Load times NTSC wins and the biggest note of all that no-one noticed: PS2 FAT
WebNations/Sabih wrote: