(Link to video)
  • Takes damage to save time
  • Luck manipulation
  • Uses hardest difficulty
  • Fastest any cost
Liu Kang's bicycle kick is one among strongest skills, that's why I didn't need any combos for make this run. The hardest for me is control CPU AI for take damage. CPU AI just load before meet them and I need have 2 good rounds for best run, then I must reload alot times until I have 2 good rounds with per enemy. Here's my preview video (timecode is just relative)

feos: Judging...
feos: Updated the submission file by the one with the extra blank frames edited out.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3960: NhatNM's SNES Mortal Kombat II in 09:12.17
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
First thing I'm going to question 09:12;06 is what it says in the Youtube Encode with tas timing and your time is far greater time. Was this because that there is extra inputs that had to be pressed? Happy that this was done on hardest difficulty, upset that's it not a playround, so went for fastest time like you wrote. and *Insert Liu Kang's while doing the bicycle kick here* God that's a funny voice. I'm not going to vote, it's difficult for me to vote on fighters that I don't play much. I would only vote at Tekken runs that aren't playround because I know what's going on in that game. The Bicycle Kicks kept me watching ;)
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
NhatNM
He/Him
Experienced player (705)
Timecode is just from me make by video editor, catch video frames I know Tekken but I'm not good, I'm good more than with Street Fighter. But I don't have console toy. Maybe when I have it then I'll try Tekken and Street Fighter :D
A man come from Vietnam My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/NhatNM/playlists
Editor, Experienced player (894)
"I fear not the man who has practiced ten thousand kicks once. But I fear the man who has practiced one kick ten thousand times." It looks like a mostly solid speed-TAS of Mortal Kombat II. Could go well in the Vault. But this is said with the reservation that I don't know Mortal Kombat II very well. I also thought the TAS length was curious. Could you end the movie at the point where Shao Kahn is killed, or is there some more necessary input after that?
NhatNM
He/Him
Experienced player (705)
I don't know :( Far I knew, TAS complete when screen show game over text, is it right ?
Skilled player (1706)
NhatNM
He/Him
Experienced player (705)
look your round time, i'm faster I have left every round with 92 seconds, only have 4 round 91 seconds, 2 round 85 seconds, 1 round 90. Please calculator them
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
BigBoct
He/Him
Editor, Former player
My guess is that input doesn't end until the actual end of the movie. xxNKxx, you can end the input file as soon as no further input can prevent the ending; in this case, that would be as soon as you release LK to deliver the final Bicycle Kick. Once you've done this, you can upload the updated movie file to your TASVideos userspace (http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/) for a judge to replace the submission file with. After watching: I notice you took a legitimate hit from Kung Lao in Round 1. Was that intentional? Otherwise, glad to see you ironed out the problems I pointed out in your topic in the SNES forum. Maybe I'm just a sucker for stupid things, but I thought the run was pretty funny. I'll vote Yes for the Vault. i think mortal kombat is a pretty cool guy, eh walks on peoples faces and doesnt afraid of anything
Previous Name: boct1584
Right, the real length is 09:13.08.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
NhatNM
He/Him
Experienced player (705)
Ok I'll edit movie, too many informations about TAS I didn't knew and hard understood :(
boct1584 wrote:
xxNKxx, you can end the input file as soon as no further input can prevent the ending; in this case, that would be as soon as you release LK to deliver the final Bicycle Kick.
I don't understand what you mean. Can you help me understand what do you mean ?
After watching: I notice you took a legitimate hit from Kung Lao in Round 1. Was that intentional? Otherwise, glad to see you ironed out the problems I pointed out in your topic in the SNES forum.
If you note, in round 1 it's high punchs, in round 2 it's mid punchs, not same and I can cancel his punchs in round 1 but round in 2 I can't
Right after the last frame of input choose Stop the movie in recording more.
AnS
Emulator Coder, Experienced player (723)
xxNKxx wrote:
look your round time, i'm faster I have left every round with 92 seconds, only have 4 round 91 seconds, 2 round 85 seconds, 1 round 90. Please calculator them
Ingame timers don't matter, the only thing that matters is your movie time.
NhatNM
He/Him
Experienced player (705)
of course, because I watched MK2 videos of TAS, I saw it done when screen have game over text. That's why I thought the movie need stop at game over text :(
BigBoct
He/Him
Editor, Former player
The input files for movies here run for just long enough that no further input is needed for the game to proceed through the ending and credits; the movie encoders simply continue encoding past the end of the input file, until the ending and credits have played.
NhatNM
He/Him
Experienced player (705)
then I need learn when I can stop a movie :( example my movie, if I release LK soon then my movie can faster ?
You don't need to change your input if it was already optimal. Just make it stop in recording mode after this last necessary input.
BigBoct
He/Him
Editor, Former player
Yes, stopping your movie after you release LK to deliver the final Bicycle Kick would work. As I mentioned, TASVideos provides some space for users to upload movies (http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/); you can upload the revision there, and a judge/admin can replace the submission file.
NhatNM
He/Him
Experienced player (705)
boct1584 wrote:
Yes, stopping your movie after you release LK to deliver the final Bicycle Kick would work.
woot, then if I press more keys for fun before last key make boss die then shall I slower more few frames ? I'm learning for future :)
Active player (458)
Does bicycle kick not cancel any other moves? Like Uppercut into Bicycle kick?
NhatNM
He/Him
Experienced player (705)
huh? What you mean the cancel? cancel for me or enemy ? Uppercut is low damage more than Bicycle kick and make enemy lying down then must wait enemy stand up, then enemy maybe can block/dodge/counter attack from all my attacks => slower more than Are you mean use Uppercut then use Bicycle kick for combo ? It can't, because game delay make can't do it Btw, judge/admin please update my new movie for submission , I have edit it right timer for stop movie :)
BigBoct
He/Him
Editor, Former player
You CAN add extra input to look cool, but by its' nature, this TAS would only be publishable to our Vault tier, which is solely for record times. There would be no point. If you want to make a movie that looks cool, check some of these out for pointers: [1864] N64 Mortal Kombat Trilogy "Endurance Mode" by SDR & Thevlackdemonn2294 in 23:55.92 [934] SNES Mortal Kombat II "playaround" by VANDAL in 22:43.68 [1955] SNES Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 "playaround" by SDR, Thevlackdemonn2294 & Dark Noob in 30:28.38
NhatNM
He/Him
Experienced player (705)
I watched them before, but I don't know many bugs or trick. That's why I'm just target to beat game in fastest only.
The submission is kinda funny and kinda unfunny. Definite vault material.
Former player
This somehow represents TASing at its purest - Just speed, no matter how repetitive it may be. I especially like how the character gets hit at the beginning of every round, just to avoid the "flawless victory" message.
Current project: Gex 3 any% Paused: Gex 64 any% There are no N64 emulators. Just SM64 emulators with hacky support for all the other games.