Post subject: Golgo 13 (SG-1000)
Former player
I searched for a SG-1000 game to TAS that isn't just a port of a more well-known version. By looking up some lists, I found this shooting-gallery type of game that actually has nothing to do with all the other games that were made out of the franchise (like the NES version). I played it to see if it would make for a good TAS and developed a strange addiction for it. While the gameplay is very limited, it has a great learning curve and you quickly get a feel for doing the levels fast and making some impossibly tight shots. About the gameplay: Your goal is to shoot the 15 windows (so that some trapped people can escape) of a moving train while you are in a car that automatically falls behind to the left side if you don't keep up. To make things harder, there are several obstacles where your bullets can ricochet off. A level ends when all windows are destroyed and the train has left the screen. The further you go, the harder it gets: You get additional obstacles, helicopters that shoot homing missiles at you and an increasingly fast speed of the objects. Some things you should know: - You want to have the train as much on the right side of the screen as possible when you shoot the last window, so you can minimize the time it takes for it to leave the screen. - You can't have more than 4 escaping people on the screen at the same time. This means that before at least one of them has completely vanished, you can't shoot more windows. - The guide at Gamefaqs is wrong. The levels do not repeat from level 4 on. The one thing that I'm still not sure about is when a TAS should end. I know that the rules of the site say "when there is no new content", but I can't really confirm yet if there's a point where it starts to repeat a level. At least I found the memory address that determines the level (0204), which will help me a lot.
Current project: Gex 3 any% Paused: Gex 64 any% There are no N64 emulators. Just SM64 emulators with hacky support for all the other games.