Post subject: Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (Special Missions)
Active player (441)
As I mentioned in the comments of my MGS:VR Missions TAS, I am more than happy to work on the sequel's missions. However, while doing 300 missions (where a good chunk of them didn't have scores) was already exhausting, 511 missions with each individual one having a corresponding world record is a downright war. And if this is a war, I need an army. I am looking for people to collaborate with me on this run. As an advance warning, this run will be very hard and VERY long. I'm guessing 4-5 hours. There's a playthrough of YouTube of first-place (not WR, just beating the dev scores) playthroughs of all missions which takes almost eight hours. This TAS from 2012 confirms that the latest build of PCSX2 is sync compatible with the Japanese Substance release. As far as I can tell, there are no gameplay differences between the Japanese and American versions of Substance, as it was a worldwide release; however, it might be worth hearing the funnier Japanese soldiers and Kenyu Horiuchi's voice clips as Raiden are generally less irritating than Quinton Flynn's. If we run into trouble getting the whole thing to sync, there's no reason we can't work on individual levels in the meantime. ......So, who's willing to take this trip down the rabbit hole with me?
My current project: Something mysterious (oooooh!) My username is all lower-case letters. Please get it right :(
Post subject: Re: Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (Special Missions)
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
theenglishman wrote:
confirms that the latest build of PCSX2 is sync compatible with the Japanese Substance release.
Isn't there only one builld? If there is a newer build than that link it please.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Warepire
He/Him
Editor
There's another build linked somewhere by antd. It's the one the Japanese use.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
Warepire wrote:
Is it this?
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Warepire
He/Him
Editor
Spikestuff wrote:
Warepire wrote:
Is it this?
Should be that. Note that it's better than the PCSX2-rr, but still not reliable.