Post subject: Punch-Out!!/Super Punch-Out!!
Experienced player (630)
TASing the roots of the Punch-Out series will be awesome. I still don't know how it will work, but it couldn't be so hard.
Here, my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/dekutony
Cooljay
He/Him
Active player (391)
Punch Out/Super Punch Out is not available in FBA-RR for the game list and MAME-RR is extremely unstable from what i've seen.
Post subject: Re: Punch-Out!!/Super Punch-Out!!
Kurabupengin wrote:
TASing the roots of the Punch-Out series will be awesome. I still don't know how it will work, but it couldn't be so hard.
Both are endless titles... I mean a normal circuit and champion circuit at 1 loop each works... but still. The game is a bitch to optimize and would get boring fast. Funny thing is, some times it's better to get a slower time for more points based on technique... and it is a points based game primarily. Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin Just another random gamer ---- <OmnipotentEntity> How do you people get bored in the span of 10 seconds? Worst ADD ever.
The game's mechanics are simply not as TAS-friendly as the NES one. In arcade you simply have to get enough unblocked strikes without getting hit back to enable the knockout blow, while stars are easy to game by TAS techniques in the NES version. Still would be interesting to see feats no mortal could do, though.
zaphod77 wrote:
The game's mechanics are simply not as TAS-friendly as the NES one. In arcade you simply have to get enough unblocked strikes without getting hit back to enable the knockout blow, while stars are easy to game by TAS techniques in the NES version. Still would be interesting to see feats no mortal could do, though.
It wouldn't be too different though... I mean there's some good recordings that show pretty damn intense fights as it is. It'd be literally a handful of seconds quicker. A few fights and it loops. Then it repeats ad infinitium. There are far more entertaining games out there that propose better challenges. Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin Just another random gamer ---- <OmnipotentEntity> How do you people get bored in the span of 10 seconds? Worst ADD ever.