Post subject: Nail 'n Scale
Pokota
He/Him
Anyone else interested in this game? I'm fairly good at it and am trying to work out an optimal route. (By "fairly good" I mean "I did one of the few-if-any complete LPs of it on Youtube")
Adventures in Lua When did I get a vest?
Pokota
He/Him
Here's a route test. My copy has a graphical mod to it so the game checksum isn't going to match, but I don't think it'll screw with syncing. If it does say so and I'll redo it. Went ahead and fixed it; please let me know if it desyncs. This can be tightened up a lot, and there are at least two regular levels where Luck Manipulation can be used to reduce waiting on the minidragons. Plus I need opinions on what level to skip instead of 47 (I skip it out of sheer annoyance; there's forced waiting in 34 due to tight tunnels and an invincible wall-walker right at the end and 48 is just too long to not skip). There is an additional skip in 25 but it's so far out of the way it's probably not worth it. If we move one of the bomb nail uses around, we can probably skip the second half of 44(?). Known Pointers: WRAM 0118 - timer relating to bosses WRAM 0394 - hits boss has taken (Youtube encode being replaced due to audio issues) Also; I saw one instance, in level 43, where I tried to cornerbreak one block and it broke the unbreakable block next to it in error; if this can be reproduced and figured out it'll make a huge difference.
Patashu
He/Him
Pokota wrote:
Also; I saw one instance, in level 43, where I tried to cornerbreak one block and it broke the unbreakable block next to it in error; if this can be reproduced and figured out it'll make a huge difference.
I suggest you use MHS to find relevant memory addresses to position and speed (x pixel, y pixel, x subpixel, y subpixel, x velocity, y velocity all may or may not exist), examine what they are when this glitch happens (on the frame and on the frame before of course) and use that information to try and reproduce it in TAS.
My Chiptune music, made in Famitracker: http://soundcloud.com/patashu My twitch. I stream mostly shmups & rhythm games http://twitch.tv/patashu My youtube, again shmups and rhythm games and misc stuff: http://youtube.com/user/patashu
Active player (471)
Link to video Never heard of this game, decided to encode it!
Pokota
He/Him
Thank you Solarplex; now I can stop fiddling with syncless recording and work on tightening up the run ^^ Level Notes so far
All levels - tighten up, clean start, get monster kill timers Level 3 - clean up start, test rblock or lblock Level 6 - Kill Minidragon Level 7 - Paths Level 8 - Middle column earlier Level 9 - Psths Level 10- Figure out RNG (6 hits) Level 12- Bomb blast range Level 13- Paths Level 16- Test time without bomb shortcut; bomb may be better used in 24 due to Forced Wait otherwise Level 19- Don't break far gate block; can get to door before Ww catches up/faster to kill Ww Level 20- DO EXACTLY THAT BUT FASTER (2 hits) Level 21- Do a Ww Block Kill instead of waiting Level 23- RNG Manip 2nd minidragon? Level 24- See Level 16 Level 26- DO EXACTLY THAT BUT FASTER Level 27- Test jumps without aid; may be able to climb directly to slime platform instead of crossing Level 29- Kill Ww before it becomes a problem. Keep route as-is due to extra bomb Level 30- RNG (7 hits?) Level 32- Dump White Nail Level 34- Faster without white nail Level 36- Paths; this bomb is used to shorten level 43 Level 37- Clean and Tighten; looks better and probably faster to carve away all blocks as I go in Level 38- You're on EASY, use EASY's jump height Level 39- RNG manip minidragon? Level 40- RNG turnarounds, figure out hitboxes Level 43- Most likely level for pinning down block swap glitch mechanics, dump white nail Level 44- Test if this level or if 43 is a better candidate for the bomb from 36 Level 45- Examine layout Level 46- Dump white nail from 43 here Level 47- Examine layout; may be a better level to skip than this one. Level 50- Manage Lag; may be able to 1 cycle this with favorable RNG Level 51- Tighten up this fight; make sure no dragonjumping.
Pokota
He/Him
I pinned down some of the watches.
Domain WRAM
SystemID GB
033B	b	u	0	WRAM	Vert
033E	b	s	0	WRAM	Vert Veloc
033C	b	u	0	WRAM	Horiz
033D	b	s	0	WRAM	Horiz Veloc
0116	b	s	0	WRAM	Kill Meter 1
0117	b	u	0	WRAM	Kill Timer 1
0136	b	s	0	WRAM	Kill Meter 3
0137	b	u	0	WRAM	Kill Timer 3
0156	b	s	0	WRAM	Kill Meter 5
0157	b	u	0	WRAM	Kill Timer 5
Spike's position (to my knowledge) is given by 033B (y pos) and 033C (x pos) and are given relative to the top left corner. As far as I've seen, Spike's velocity is either -1, 0, or 1, regardless of the direction(s) of travel, so diagonal movement costs nothing. With all that said, I haven't really looked for subpixels yet and I suspect that if they do exist they'll exist only for the nail velocities and Lore's fireballs - and they're probably more than likely not going to see use in the next wip unless they prove to be the key to the Block Swap glitch.
Pokota
He/Him
I finally got cornerbreak confusion to happen while I was recording input. Link to video I now have something to bite on as far as making it useful!