Post subject: Please criticize me
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
My notion on myself has always been something like "I have energy, I do things that are not mainstream but awesome, I am trying to evolve hence I am evolving, I am trying to be correct hence I am correct". And sometimes all of those appeared to fade out, which was not taken seriously by me at first, I was trying to argue against it, but now I'm sure that I actually was changing, losing energy, distracting, and convincing myself it all was not so didn't help me. My main problem is that I lose the feeling of something new and unique that was always driving my activity, and I don't know where to take it again from. And as always, that includes inability to look at myself from perspectives of other people without becoming an argument geek. So in this thread I ask you all (who know me) to post anything you think I am/was/have been doing wrong, except that I wish there's no emotions involved, just your impression of my dark side. And I promise to not argue against anything, but ponder. After all it's the newest info I can get from anywhere right now. So please if you disagree with something I tend to do, post it.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Editor, Active player (296)
I for one have absolutely nothing against you.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2305)
You provide help no matter the issue/person. (That's a thing not against you)
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Samsara
She/They
Senior Judge, Site Admin, Expert player (2122)
My one complaint is that you're not higher ranked as site staff and you don't seem to have much say in how the site operates, which is a shame since you're probably the only person with any semblance of power who even cares about that. As for an actual negative? The most I can say is that you're a bit confrontational, but that's a problem shared with a number of other people on the forums and I'm even hesitating to actually call it a negative trait as it's never really malicious confrontation, like some people are all too keen on doing. If I had anything against you as a person, it would have been stricken away by the existence of this thread. Calling for criticism and aiming to correct it is admirable.
TASvideos Admin and acting Senior Judge 💙 | Cohost
warmCabin wrote:
You shouldn't need a degree in computer science to get into this hobby.
ars4326
He/Him
Experienced player (765)
Feos, all of my interactions with you on this website have been positive. You've judged and accepted many of my movies, and even offered a helping hand when I was having RNG issues with D & D: Warriors of the Eternal Sun. I really don't have any criticism against you concerning your "dark side". With that stated, do you think that you are currently feeling creatively 'burned out'?
"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." - 1 Corinthians 2:9
You tend to be all over the bench, and that's obnoxious. Please, stop it.
Image centered per Masterjun's request. Or is it?
AzumaK wrote: I swear my 1 year old daughter's favorite TASVideo is your R4MI run :3 xxNKxx wrote: ok thanks handsome feos :D Help improving TASVideos!
MESHUGGAH
Other
Skilled player (1889)
I could write a lengthy post but I will stick to short sentences that I think you should think about (not refering to anything in particular since I don't know the full story) I hope you will be a judge again in the future. 1. Always take your time to make sure you do what you are supposed to 2. Avoid encumbering yourself if it impacts your overall performance 3. People are retarded, you should try to outshine them whenever you can 4. Resolving problems requires discussion 5. Only pussies giving up, universal guys never.
PhD in TASing 🎓 speedrun enthusiast ❤🚷🔥 white hat hacker ▓ black box tester ░ censorships and rules...
ars4326 wrote:
do you think that you are currently feeling creatively 'burned out'?
My powers are currently spent more on problems that aren't even closely related to this site, they've always been there, but being known for my obsession with everything new, I got it from most of tas-related things, and now it became really really hard to find even newer things within here, or at least those that would fit my abilities. I'm about to finally start DW pacifist, but otherwise what I feel about the rest is somewhat close to "burned out". Not giving thanks to anyone just yet, or people would think the thread is closed :)
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
ars4326
He/Him
Experienced player (765)
feos wrote:
My powers are currently spent more on problems that aren't even closely related to this site, they've always been there, but being known for my obsession with everything new, I got it from most of tas-related things, and now it became really really hard to find even newer things within here, or at least those that would fit my abilities. I'm about to finally start DW pacifist, but otherwise what I feel about the rest is somewhat close to "burned out".
If you ever want to chat about it, either through a thread or PM, I'll 'give an ear' and listen.
"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." - 1 Corinthians 2:9
ars4326 wrote:
If you ever want to chat about it, either through a thread or PM, I'll 'give an ear' and listen.
If there's experience you'd want to share, PM right away, but I don't have much else to say yet.
Active player (434)
I don't know if it's what you want to read here,but i believe you tried to limit the content the site had at one time,and i dislike you for that. TASvideos is the only site that works as a repository for finding the truth about how games can be solved optimally and your conformity to the rules existing back then had never put in perspective there was no place else for me and other people to find the "truth" about their games. Many games were rejected back then and you were part of it. The acceptance of "vault "content is here to stay and i'm glad to have complained about it.
TAS i'm interested: megaman series: mmbn1 all chips, mmx3 any% psx glitched fighting games with speed goals in general
feos wrote:
ars4326 wrote:
do you think that you are currently feeling creatively 'burned out'?
My powers are currently spent more on problems that aren't even closely related to this site, they've always been there, but being known for my obsession with everything new, I got it from most of tas-related things, and now it became really really hard to find even newer things within here, or at least those that would fit my abilities. I'm about to finally start DW pacifist, but otherwise what I feel about the rest is somewhat close to "burned out". Not giving thanks to anyone just yet, or people would think the thread is closed :)
just remember to enjoy what you are trying and the rest will come naturally :)
I thought I'd give this a shot but have come up with nothing, you've always been helpful and welcoming to me.
I'm not as active as I once was, but I can be reached here if I should be needed.
grassini wrote:
I don't know if it's what you want to read here,but i believe you tried to limit the content the site had at one time,and i dislike you for that. TASvideos is the only site that works as a repository for finding the truth about how games can be solved optimally and your conformity to the rules existing back then had never put in perspective there was no place else for me and other people to find the "truth" about their games. Many games were rejected back then and you were part of it. The acceptance of "vault "content is here to stay and i'm glad to have complained about it.
What?
arflech
He/Him
I remember there was a time when the rules just didn't allow TASes for some games to be published at all, because there was no way the games could have interesting TASes (but of course, if and when interesting TASes for those games were made, they would be accepted); I haven't followed the site's history close enough to remember whether feos was behind that, but I thought one of the purposes of the Vault was to allow any game to have a published TAS, as long as it met the technical standards, but even if there's no way to make an interesting TAS for the game.
i imgur com/QiCaaH8 png
The thing is, I wasn't a judge until Vault appeared. Maybe grassini confised me with DarkKobold?