Post subject: Bram Stoker's Dracula (WIP)
Player (53)
first wip i improved 186 frames from my previous TAS. http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/info/24406629203477253 *Note:I'm thinking of using deaths would be a good idea?
Post subject: Re: Bram Stoker's Dracula (WIP)
Skilled player (1436)
CReTiNo wrote:
I'm thinking of using deaths would be a good idea?
Any ingame actions which allow to save time - it is always a good idea.
Tompa wrote:
If you plan on improving it, be sure to time all hits when you kill enemies/bosses. As right now you are just using turbo which leads to not all hits being optimal as well as a couple of missed hits which doesn't look good. You can try to use the RAM Watch/Search, unless you aren't already, to see when you are able to hurt a boss and so on.
Here tiny script to display basic info (XY position/speed and Boss HP): Download BramStokersDracula.lua
Language: lua

XposLast = 0 YposLast = 0 gui.register(function() Xpos = memory.readword(0xFF0D68) Ypos = memory.readword(0xFF0D6C) BossHP = memory.readbyte(0xFF49D1) Xspd = Xpos-XposLast Yspd = Ypos-YposLast XposLast = Xpos YposLast = Ypos gui.text(10,1,string.format("X:%4d Y:%4d dx:%2d dy:%2d",Xpos,Ypos,Xspd,Yspd), 0xFFFF00FF, clear) if (BossHP > 0 and BossHP < 17) then gui.text(138,21,string.format("Boss HP: %2d",BossHP), 0xFF0000FF, clear) else end end)
P.S. Small tip: Try to avoid killing low creatures in places where simple possible to overjump them. {Attack in a sitting position is slow down.} For example you spent unnecessary time wasting by killing of rat in 1-1 (frame 1836) or spider in 1-2 (frame 2740). ---
CReTiNo wrote:
you can make a script for the game '' the second samurai ''?
This thread about Bram Stoker's Dracula, it's not the place to discuss other games. Try to ask in correct thread and probably someone will help you.
I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Current projects: NES: Tetris "fastest 999999" (improvement, with r57shell) Genesis: Adventures of Batman & Robin (with Truncated); Pocahontas; Comix Zone (improvement); Mickey Mania (improvement); RoboCop versus The Terminator (improvement); Gargoyles (with feos)
Player (53)
nice ,I'll fix that part thank's for the script you can make a script for the game '' the second samurai ''?
Archanfel wrote:
P.S. Small tip: Try to avoid killing low creatures in places where simple possible to overjump them. {Attack in a sitting position is slow down.} For example you spent unnecessary time wasting by killing of rat in 1-1 (frame 1836) or spider in 1-2 (frame 2740).
I should suffer damage in rat 1-1 (frame 1836) and jumping spider 2-2 (frame 2740)? if I do this and die in chief I will lose 36 frames
Skilled player (1436)
CReTiNo wrote:
I should suffer damage in rat 1-1 (frame 1836) and jumping spider 2-2 (frame 2740)? if I do this and die in chief I will lose 36 frames
Why you should suffer damage? It is easy to do without damage. Look here: [url=http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/290843773/Bram%20Stoker%27s%20Dracula%201-2%20%28fixed%29.gmv ]BS_Dracula 1-2(fixed)[/url] As bonus i also a bit improved boss fight for you :) In total 20 frames faster.
I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Current projects: NES: Tetris "fastest 999999" (improvement, with r57shell) Genesis: Adventures of Batman & Robin (with Truncated); Pocahontas; Comix Zone (improvement); Mickey Mania (improvement); RoboCop versus The Terminator (improvement); Gargoyles (with feos)
Player (53)
Archanfel wrote:
Why you should suffer damage? It is easy to do without damage. Look here: BS_Dracula 1-2(fixed) As bonus i also a bit improved boss fight for you :) In total 20 frames faster.
I thought it was to suffer damage in rat 1-1, thanks
Dimon12321
He/Him
Active player (480)
I decided to use this thread for Work In Progress discussions of BSD for SEGA CD. I've done the first stage. Any improvements? Maybe suggestions? Encode here: Link to video http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/info/28991539937993319
TASing is like making a film: only the best takes are shown in the final movie.
Skilled player (1436)
Oh dear, such a horrible game choice! But should be ok for vault :) P.S. It reminded me: Link to video