Emulator Snes9x-1.43-win32-WIP1
Clear Time 00:27 Rate for Collecting Items is 24%
A few monthes ago, some people said "I hate Murder-Beam-Glith". I created a smv file, without Murder-Beam-Glith. (Re-record from Last-Energy-Recharge-Room, after Baby-Metroid.)
Please choice which is better, new smv or old smv.
Old movie(Used Murder-Beam-Glitch) is here. Forum/Topics/1528
Other improvements. 1- Improved Zebetites Glitch. (few frames faster.) 2- Improved the time of Last-Escape. (about 1.5second faster.)

DeHackEd: Time to relieve some pressure in the queue.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #594: Terimakasih's SNES Super Metroid "any%" in 46:37.08
Post subject: Re: #594: Terimakasih's SNES Super Metroid in 46:37
Editor, Active player (296)
This movie is 46:37. Published movie is 47:07. So it's 30 seconds faster - more than the submission text indicates. By the way, welcome back, Terimakasih. :)
Emulator Coder
Hi Terimakasih, good to see you :) *Loads up Snes9x and starts watching*
Post subject: Re: #594: Terimakasih's SNES Super Metroid in 46:37
Former player
Bisqwit wrote:
This movie is 46:37. Published movie is 47:07. So it's 30 seconds faster - more than the submission text indicates.
This movie less One-Menu-Screen(Pause-Screen) than old one. Because I didn't use Murder-Beam-Glitch in this movie. Menu-Screen doesn't count "Clear-Time". So, "Length" is shoter than old one. But "Clear-Time(In the game)" is slower than old one. Hm, but SuperMetroid shows only Minutes. So, both movie's clear-time seems same. >By the way, welcome back, Terimakasih. :) Hi, I'm home. :) Edit and TNSe, good to see you too. :)
Cool stuff as usual - a definite "yes" from me. ^_^
Former player
schneelocke wrote:
Cool stuff as usual - a definite "yes" from me. ^_^
Thanks schneelocke. ;)
ventuz
He/Him
Player (123)
Beautiful, do we need to vote on a movie thats 30 seconds faster than a "star" movie? 2 stars please.
Former player
Oooh another run by Teri, I cannot wait to watch this.
Player (36)
From what I can tell, it's the same run until the end. Just with a better non-murder-beam ending than the other one he did. Here's a question, is it worth collecting the Spazer now if you're not going to use the murder beam? What about a Plasma-less run?
Build a man a fire, warm him for a day, Set a man on fire, warm him for the rest of his life.
Former player
Thanks for people.
OmnipotentEntity wrote:
From what I can tell, it's the same run until the end. Just with a better non-murder-beam ending than the other one he did.
This parts, you are right.
Here's a question, is it worth collecting the Spazer now if you're not going to use the murder beam? What about a Plasma-less run?
OK,I'll try to explain in detail. so please wait a minute. (Edit&answer) -About SpazerBeam , (and WaveBeam) Some small enemies(Frame 46000~,48300,and more many scenes) needs SpazerBeam's attack power. If Samus couldn't get Spazer, she can't beat them, quickly. And she couldn't beat Bosses,quickly. -About PlasmaBeam Most of the reason I need Plasma is same as Spazer. In the SuperMetroid, The Attack-Power is decided (with) number of weapons. Here is a list of Attack-Power of weapon(s). ...Whoops, I can't find the list, sorry. Hm,Do you need the list? If you need it, I can make it, but I need some days. (Edit2) Here is a easy list. http://type.s31.xrea.com/info/logimg/metroid/050319list.txt Hm, I think that I must need "Spazer and Plasma". I don't know about IceBeam, but maybe I need Ice,too. Does anyone have any idea?
Former player
You need the Ice Beam to kill the Metroids in Tourian quickly. Else you'd need about 12 Power Bombs.
Former player
Bladegash wrote:
You need the Ice Beam to kill the Metroids in Tourian quickly. Else you'd need about 12 Power Bombs.
Oh, it is accurate good idea. Thanks. :) Hm, getting SpazerBeam needs a few seconds.(not many I think.) So, to get all beam is better, I think.
When I first read the description text, I thought that only the ending was changed to not have the murder beam, but I was obviously wrong. There were many subtle changes made, even if the general path was the same. Going underwater after getting the gravity suit, not collecting the super missile in Meridia (however it's spelled), taking a different path to get to the plasma, and the many changes to using each beam or having the high jump boots. There were even more changes that were barely noticable, which I think are different from the last run, but I may be wrong because I didn't look at the older run recently but I'm just noting the parts that stuck out in my head as being different. There was the running while waiting for the bomb near the entrance to Kraid's area so that rolling under that area would be faster, doing the same thing in Riley's lair, taking a hit by mini-Kraid to be sent forward faster, jumping over the breakable blocks in the T shaft after getting the power bombs, using a power bomb after running into the big metroid, and all sorts of optimizations like falling more efficiently and climbing faster and getting hit to be pushed forward more efficiently. But even if my memory was really bad and only half of these improvements were true, I'd still say it was an amazing improvement. And since killing Mother Brain really doesn't take more than 30 seconds more or so I think, it's very neat to have her beaten the normal way and actually be able to see the events in the ending. (If it was hard to tell from my post, I voted yes. =P)
Former player
To CoolBumpty I can't understand perfectly, but maybe I can understand most of all. I think that you see my movie very carefully, and you admire me.Thanks! If I'm wrong, tell me so. (^^;) About Mother Brain(30sec): I think that MurderBeam is cause of "Slow-Down" in the game. But , MovieFiles's frame count is not Slow-Down. In the end, MovieLength is 30seconds faster. But ClearTime is slower than old...
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
This is good and better than the old version. So I think it should be published. I voted Yes. However, Michael Flatley has started a new 100% version in the SNES forums which is already faster at some points. Do you have any plans to make a new version with the tricks from his video?
faster is better. without watching i'm voting yes. Terimakasih is a superb runner and i dont think i need to watch another run to vote, when his last was absoloutely brilliant. good work!
Former player
To Truncated First, I say thanks to you. >Plan If anything, yes, I want to make a new movie, with MF's tricks. Hm, but I'll move away another city, till April-2005. And I'll be very busy with works. Maybe I can't have enough time to make it. So, I can't answer about your question,clearly. sorry. Answer in easy words: If I have enough time, I'll make it. If I have not enough time, I can't make it. If someone want to make a new one ,substitute(instead of?) me, plase do so.(^^) (Edit: sorry my late.) To Dark Mana Wow,thanks, but I think that to see and do the fair judge is better, for this site and people.(^^;)
Hey there Teri. I understand. I can't make movies at the moment either although I would like to. I am looking forward to your next version though, when you get the time. I like your style. >If someone want to make a new one ,substitute(instead of?) me, ... "instead of" is correct. I usually don't point these kind of things out (I know how difficult English is for native Japanese speakers and vice-versa), but you asked, sort of.
Voting yes. Just the fact that it is faster makes this a yes vote. Hopefully the avi will get out soon, since I dont have the right rom.
Awesome movie. The Super Metroid run has always been my favorite movie, and to see it further improved is really something special. That's an easy Yes vote.
TASing or playing back a DOS game? Make sure your files match the archive at RGB Classic Games.
Read the instructions. "Please do not vote without watching the movie first."
Fihlvein
He/Him
Truncated wrote:
Read the instructions. "Please do not vote without watching the movie first."
Yupp, there might be situations where indeed new movie is faster but it might have some slowdown somewhere which causes time loss more than acceptable and needs to be fixed. You can't see that without watching the movie - even though it's faster than old version. But this movie probably don't have such, I haven't yet watched it by myself (and thus, not voted yet.)
Former player
To Truncated Thanks for your understanding and explanation of "Instead". :) To MovieWatcher , hopper I'm glad, thanks! To Fihlvein Hm, basically, I agree with Truncated's idea. And rules of voting. But, I can understand your mind ,too. If I meet the same case like this time, then, maybe I want to vote. Because the new movie is probably(or surely) "improved" than old movie. (Of cource, I will not vote till I watch the new movie.)
Banned User, Former player
Thanks for taking the time and make the movie without the murder beam glitch. I'm really looking forward to seeing it. :)
Yes, that last fight is so much more entertaining without the murder beam.