1 2
20 21
Post subject: "urgh," Battletoads
The Battletoads timeattack has "urgh" next to it. I'm just curious what, if anything, went wrong.
I believe it's because the filesize of the .avi is 140 megs, the largest i've seen on Bisqwit's site.
But it's a relatively average length movie.
Editor, Active player (296)
This movie was encoded by Phil, and he couldn't get the file smaller without the video quality suffering a lot.
Ah, that explains it.
cat
Hmm... when I try to play this movie in Windows Media player or RealOne player, it crashes the application and in the case of Media player even crashes Windows Explorer. I have not had this problem with any other of the movies I have downloaded, which is most of the avis on Bisquits site. Does anyone else have this problem, and what could be the cause?
Active player (410)
Do you have Xvid video codec?
cat
Yes. Gspot recognizes the format and I have the proper codec. If I wouldn´t have the codec, it would give a "Media Player does not recognize the format" message, not crash the applications. :) I think it would at least. :P
Active player (410)
MAke sure you have the latest XviD codec http://koepi.roeder.goe.net/xvid.shtml you can find one at this site.Otherwise I don't know what's the problem.
cat
Hmm, I think I found the error. Bittorrent claims that the file size is 140.1 MB. However the download finished at 81.6 MB. Gspot claims that the file size is correct. Ok, if I click on the file icon, explorer crashes >_<. God damn it. I'll clean it up.
Active player (410)
Ah ok that's the problem.
Yeah, I'm having a similar problem. I've tried re-downloading once already. I'll give it another shot.
Former player
I have the same problem Cat. Most annoying. Thought I had a virus first..
/Walker Boh
Active player (410)
hmm that's pretty weird.What bittorrent client do you have if it is the basic one I recommend switching to another client like bittorrent Shadow experimental.Also bittorrent depends a lot of your memory. If your memory is unstable or running an application that uses a lot of memory like 3d games it can happen.By experience I can confirm that.
Former player
But this is the first time something like this ever happends to me. And I have downloaded alot via bittorent. Well maybe it´s time to get an upgrade.
/Walker Boh
cat
Phil wrote:
hmm that's pretty weird.What bittorrent client do you have if it is the basic one I recommend switching to another client like bittorrent Shadow experimental.Also bittorrent depends a lot of your memory. If your memory is unstable or running an application that uses a lot of memory like 3d games it can happen.By experience I can confirm that.
I use the official client coded by Bram Cohen, the author of BitTorrent. I never had a problem with it before. I strongly doubt the problem lies with my bt client. Hmm, I have not been running any very memory consuming program, but I'll try once more anyways.
Active player (410)
hmm try with bittorrent shadow experimental first.The official one isn't that good.You can find one here http://bittornado.com/
Active player (410)
oops it's now named bittornado
cat
Well, the download rate is currently extremely slow for some reason, so it might take some hours to know the result. By the way. How could the download rate possibly be 1 KB/s when there are 20 seeds and 17 dl'ers? Bad sharing from the dl'ers?
Active player (410)
that's probably bad sharing by those egoist guys like you said .
I hate bittorrent so much. Angers me when I see people dl at 150kbps and I'm always chugging along at 2kbps. Although Shadow's is a good client and has sped things up more than the official client, it's still slow going. But it's more efficient to have files from this site on bt because it's les of a burden on Bisqwit. Would cost the poor guy more than what he's paying to keep things afloat here.
cat
Ok, some nice guy came in and seeded at decent speed. So I got it down. All 140.1 MBs this time. The file is still broken with the same error though. I never had this problem before with bt and with this file I had it 3 times. That is why I think the problem is not on my side.
I have the same problem with the file. Explorer.exe crashes even if I try to rename the file. What is the correct md5sum of the file? Mine is d713780631d4f3a8469a1ac0c458f169.
cat
Heh. After I downloaded dragon warrior which produced the same problem I downloaded the xvid codec from your link anyways to try if gspot was wrong about me having the right codec. 1. Tried to play with Media player again. Media player basically said FU and explorer crashed. 2. Tried to play dragon warrior and battletoads on Realone player, and it works! 3. Tried to play dragon warrior and battletoads on Media player again, and this time it works, but explorer crashes. -.- 4. Found the reason why explorer crashes. When I double click the icon to open the .avi with media player, explorer tries to make a small thumbnail of the movie, fails and crashes. Sigh... At least I can watch the movies now. Thanks =)
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
i don't think that i have xvid installed, as i just reinstalled windows, and the only codec i installed was divx. it is a divx pro latest version though. maybe it has xvid built in...
1 2
20 21