Update to my glitched run. Special Thanks to Zanapher for the Stair Glitch, and to Flagitious for the "HolyShitMyPantsAreOnFire" maneuver. It's now under 4 minutes, and not sloppily done, and with an accurate re-record count (and 100% less pseudo-narcissistic name input, one more rupee, and 100% less stupid error).
I'm not sure that the through the bushes near the castle is actually quicker, but I made sure that I always got 2 pixel a frame on the up parts and I made an even number of frames on the right parts. (Because when going right you step 1 pixels then 2 pixels, so I make sure I get it in sets, or I'm losing time). And because I'm sure of that I know at least I didn't *lose* any time with it, and it looks more difficult.
-SNES9x Settings: WIP1 timing, Allow left+right/up+down, Volume envelope height reading
-Abuses the Up+Down Glitches
-Takes no hits

Phil Checking if .... ;P

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Player (200)
Very cool, looks as fast as possible
g,o,p,i=1e4,a[10001];main(x){for(;p?g=g/x*p+a[p]*i+2*!o: 53^(printf("%.4d",o+g/i),p=i,o=g%i);a[p--]=g%x)x=p*2-1;}
xou
215 rerecords. Was that so easy? :) Im gonna watch it tonight, still at work atm ! EDIT : full desynch Zzzzz
hello world !
Former player
It seemed very good to me. No errors, nice smooth execution. Well, there's still the big problem of no HolyShitMyPantsAreOnFire page, heheh.
Player (36)
xou wrote:
215 rerecords. Was that so easy? :) Im gonna watch it tonight, still at work atm ! EDIT : full desynch Zzzzz
If it desyncs right after exitting the house, make sure you're using the new version of snes9x. The one with Up+Down enabled.
Build a man a fire, warm him for a day, Set a man on fire, warm him for the rest of his life.
Active player (277)
Yeah, Up+Down is kinda vital for this run...
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
Player (24)
Nice Run. I have one question, how does the warp trough the stairs work? I have try it and it has not work for me. Through the door work fine. But not through the stairs like in this run. What must you press there that it works. EDIT: Ok, I have done it now. I have found the other Thread.
Last TAS finished: Final Fantasy Adventure (4.0 Warp Glitch Run) WIP in the moment: Tail Gator (GB) Matty
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
Did you forget to do the fast-jump-down-cliff trick again, or did I just dream that?
Player (36)
You can fast jump down 7 directions, just not straight up for some reason. Even if you're backwards.
Build a man a fire, warm him for a day, Set a man on fire, warm him for the rest of his life.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [328] SNES The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (USA) "warp glitch" by OmnipotentEntity in 03:48.25
Is there anything different with this movie compared to all other? This is the only movie I can't see in any of my movie-players. It crashes all of them. In VLC, I'm allowed to watch it for about 10 seconds, then it crash.
Emulator Coder
I was told to go here, and install that, and use Media Player. It worked actually. Quite Well. http://x264.nl/
is there a reason those movies are still being made out of time attacks? it's not fun to have to download some random codec just to play a single movie! you really should change the movie of this submission to something the average computer can handle, as well as the movie for the quick GBA castlevania game which also suffers from the same issue (unless you already fixed it)
Go to http://ffdshow.sourceforge.net/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=Getting+ffdshow , and install the latest ffdshow build from there. All the movies should work fine then.
schneelocke wrote:
Go to http://ffdshow.sourceforge.net/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=Getting+ffdshow , and install the latest ffdshow build from there. All the movies should work fine then.
Anything for me without a Windows computer? I appearently couldn't use any of the two suggested here.
Pull ffdshow from cvs and build it yourself. Or use the windows dlls if your movie player allows you to do that. ^_~ Or check if there's an ffdshow package/port for whatever you're using.
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Former player
Mplayer version 1.0 pre7 seems to play it out of the box.
Skilled player (1404)
Edit: Sorry, I was just doing some angry ranting. I feel better now.
A hundred years from now, they will gaze upon my work and marvel at my skills but never know my name. And that will be good enough for me.
Editor, Active player (296)
Apparently, MPlayer 1.0pre6 crashes trying to play this AVI. With message: mplayer: h264.c:2074: hl_motion: Assertion `((sub_mb_type)&0x0040)' failed. Edit: It apparently works in MPlayer 1.0pre7 (which is difficult to install in Gentoo because it's "masked"). I see the video quality in this AVI is rather high. Much better than in sneszelda-timeattack-short-omnipotententity.avi. However, many people seem to have problems with this codec. Phil, is there any good reason to use it to justify those problems? Or in other words, should everyone start using it? Assume a couple of "why"s in this message.
Bisquit, please don't forget that only around 20% of the people who download the avi will bother to download a codec for it. and since WMP doesnt download it automatically, I hope that you will choose to stop using this codec even if it gives better quality and smaller size.
Fihlvein
He/Him
I just got the latest Castlevania video to work properly and yet I have another video which doesn't work well. Say, if I check the FAQ page of codecs that I need to have to watch the videos correctly, does it include this one as well, and the Castlevania too?
spam wrote:
Bisquit, please don't forget that only around 20% of the people who download the avi will bother to download a codec for it. and since WMP doesnt download it automatically, I hope that you will choose to stop using this codec even if it gives better quality and smaller size.
If you can't be bothered to download a codec (which you only need to do once, anyway), then that's really your problem. :) I do think that there should be notes included with the videos that say, in effect, "this video uses codec XYZ, so if you can't watch it, download it here".
Fihlvein wrote:
I just got the latest Castlevania video to work properly and yet I have another video which doesn't work well. Say, if I check the FAQ page of codecs that I need to have to watch the videos correctly, does it include this one as well, and the Castlevania too?
Which one doesn't work?
Fihlvein
He/Him
The latest short zelda movie.
Active player (410)
Personally, I think this codec should be used from now. Even if it's still an incomplete project, it does a pretty good job. I've managed to encode the Battletoads warpfull movie with better quality and smaller file size than the current one. Since it's been a while that FFDShow is highly recommended to be installed and it can decode h264, I think there's no problem using Mpeg4 type 10.