Post subject: Jurassic Park
Former player
Anyone working on this game or thinking of doing a run? Would anyone like to see a run of this done? I could do it I just need to remember where the blasted raptor eggs are. I'd love some input.
Guybrush: "I'm selling these fine leather jackets." Wally: "Really?" Guybrush: "No. I 'm lying." Wally: "In that case, I don't want one!" Currently working on: Nothing at the moment.
Wren
He/Him
I'd certainly like to see a run of this. This was one of those "I rented it, but never finished it. And I regret it to this very day" type of games.
<i>A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day.</i>
Former player
Ok then, it shall be done. It will take some doing though.
Guybrush: "I'm selling these fine leather jackets." Wally: "Really?" Guybrush: "No. I 'm lying." Wally: "In that case, I don't want one!" Currently working on: Nothing at the moment.
Former player
Okay, now I'm mad. I'm 2/3 done with this run and making great headway, everything going fine and perfect, I'm almost done with the ship and what happens? MY STUPID ROM CRASHES!! That's right, the dumb ROM crashes when I go into certain rooms on the ship and since it is required to kill all the dinosaurs on the ship it is not possible for me to complete the game with the current rom. The ROM is called Jpark.smc. There's no [PRG] or anything on it. If I'm lucky I can find a different version and maybe continue from where I left off. AAAARRRGGH this ticks me off!
Ambassador, Experienced player (696)
Hmm, for rom problems, try Nach's NSRT tool. I forget exactly where the best place to grab it is though. Anyway, with NSRT you can figure out if you have a messed up ROM and even fix it. Also, I think there were multiple Jurassic park SNES games, is this the first?
Former player
Yes it's the first one. I managed to find a different ROM (Jurassic Park v1.1) so I shouldn't have any more problems. I don't mind starting over because there were some things I wanted to do differently anyway. Thanks for the info though, I'll look into it.
Player (80)
Tailz wrote:
Yes it's the first one. I managed to find a different ROM (Jurassic Park v1.1) so I shouldn't have any more problems. I don't mind starting over because there were some things I wanted to do differently anyway. Thanks for the info though, I'll look into it.
you dont necessarily have to start completely over. just continue from where you made your "first mistake"
Player (36)
Remember, in this game even a one frame error is a mistake, and being as many parts of this game are in 3D, there's a lot of possibility for error. Just make sure you have everything right. And in other news, I would absolutely adore to see this in form speedrun.
Build a man a fire, warm him for a day, Set a man on fire, warm him for the rest of his life.
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (240)
i first thought this would take 50 minutes to be completed, but actually not? how do the keycards work? will they make too much backtracking?
Former player
Not really. There was a little backtracking but not too much. The run is finished, I'm now experiencing desync problems. I'm going to read the FAQ now to see how to fix them. It took me all of yesterday to do it, using rerecords and everything. The raptor nest was the biggest problem.
Former player
It's no good. I can't get it to stop desyncing. Do I redo the movie from where it desyncs or start from scratch? Or is there another way to fix it? I've tried what the FAQ says but it didn't fix it.
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
If you are getting constant desyncs somewhere, you will likely have to redo it from that point. :/ Remember to always check your work periodically (every level or more often) so that you don't add a lot of work after the game has desynced, and always make backups of working copies.
Former player
How do I do that? I know how to stop the recording and watch it, but how to do get it to record from where I left off?
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
You read the FAQ. http://tasvideos.org/UsingEmulatorTools.html to be specific.
Former player
Well, I've done the run again and I am still having desync problems. I read the desync thread and tried the things it said, I checked and unchecked multiple options and made sure I let the game run for 10 seconds before I started recording. Still I got desyncs, may not have been at the same spot but I got them nonetheless. Poopies.
Former player
Try a new ROM, then?
hi nitrodon streamline: cyn-chine
I knew this game had desyncs written all over it, with the 3d scenes being what they were. Speaking of those scenes, though, one thing as long as you might have to keep redoing things: Doesn't dying inside a 3d area still save everything you did inside it? You could die on purpose to throw yourself outside and save a LOT of time (especially since the 3d areas, while really pushing the SNES, are P-A-I-N-F-U-L to watch because they're so choppy.) I want to see a run of this...I finally beat it on an emu last night...fun game to rent but the absence of saves or passwords was obscene.
"If all you did this year was sit in your cubicle and masturbate...say you're a self-starter who proactively reengineered your personal inventory with Total Quality, conforming to all EEO/OSHA/ISO9000 requirements."-Scott Adams
Former player
I did it! Today I continued my work on the run and I actually finished it and to my suprise it works! The run runs flawlessly with no desynchs!! I'm submitting it now, man it was a pain in the ass to do! It took me a good portion of the day to get it done, not to mention the hours I put in that resulted in failure some weeks ago. Anyway, I'm probably gonna be seeing dinosaurs in my sleep now.
ViGadeomes
He/Him
Judge, Active player (303)
Hello, I'm preparing a TAS of this game ( 17 years and 5 months after the first try i know ) but speedrunners told me about a speed glitch with a SNES mouse and I wanted to know if it was allowed to use it and what must to be the sensitivity and deadline on BizHawk ? Thank you !
ViGadeomes
He/Him
First WIP on the game : bk2 file : http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/info/45961500166612344 YouTube : Link to video
Judge, Skilled player (1278)
I wrote a lua script for being able to see where are you while you're out of the map (out of bounds): http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/info/52333479328688971
my personal page - my YouTube channel - my GitHub - my Discord: thunderaxe31 <Masterjun> if you look at the "NES" in a weird angle, it actually clearly says "GBA"
I think this is all done to arrive but do not how this will going.
Benito C Chiles
ViGadeomes
He/Him
BenitoChiles wrote:
I think this is all done to arrive but do not how this will going.
It's not only to see in out of bounds but it's sure that it will be helpful for me in and out of bounds.