Post subject: A new psx emulator!
Player (70)
http://psxemulator.freeservers.com/ Check that out. According to http://forums.ngemu.com/news-comments/68363-psx-emulator-released.html it should be very easy to use. And I suppose it's still rather early in it's development so perhaps we can contact that guy and ask him about recording/rerecording. Also try to get the source perhaps? A good thing (which also could be a bad thing) is that this emulator does NOT use plugins, which perhaps can help our work a bit since we don't need to fiddle around with it eh? =D
Emulator Coder
Location: In his lab studying psychology to find new ways to torture TASers and forumers
Let me know when there's source.
Warning: Opinions expressed by Nach or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of Nach himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
Player (70)
I haven't made contact with the guy yet. Perhaps it's better if someone more experienced with programming asks him questions?
Experienced player (539)
Oh.. this emulator works better than ePSXe :) highness thanks for the link !
Emulator Coder
Location: In his lab studying psychology to find new ways to torture TASers and forumers
http://psxemulator.proboards54.com/index.cgi?board=support&action=display&thread=1138576805&page=1#1138612283
Q. Open Source
A. No plans for open source yet.

Q. Linux?
A. Possible, but its not a priority.
Forget it, it's already dead.
Warning: Opinions expressed by Nach or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of Nach himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
Active player (278)
Well go yell at the author. That always works.
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
Emulator Coder
I'll think I'll start by yelling at _Demo_ (ZSNES and ePSXe), at least I know him...
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
Well there's one problem it asks for dx9_26 dlls and my directx files are dx9_24 dlls. No i can't update directx. don't ask me why :P
Active player (278)
I'm sure there's something you can do!
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
Experienced player (539)
hehe.. gamepad doesn't work correctly on me :/ but i hope.. uptaded version will come out soon.. becouse this emulator is buGGyY :)
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
I love the idea of a "closed" emulator. No plugins hassle, and the graphics and sound as close to the original hardware as possible... It only needs some fixing now (and linux version which probably won't happen : / ) But it didn't run my tekken 2 ISO.
Experienced player (539)
heh.. emulator freezed when i played Tales Of Phantasia (sound didn't worked so good in the intro movie), Metal Slug X and etc... :)
Experienced player (539)
i found another PSX emulators from "ngemu" they was looking good.. but dr.hell's emulator was japanese.. and other doesn't support gamepad plugin correctly :( but they needed plugins.. :S PSXfin would be good if it doesn't crash the emulator so many times and gamepad works better + other games works correctly
Active player (253)
The emulator doesn't work for me. Says I'm missing a DLL file. Edit: I'm a dumbass who can't read. Someone delete this.
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcuV2JdaBYY]Streets of Rage 3 (2 players)[/url]
Emulator Coder
Why are you people complaining about missing a DLL file when the website right next to the download specifically says if you're missing the DLL download it from here?
Active player (253)
Note: Read the edit for my post. Now it just plain won't open the files for FF VII or FF IX (both of which work perfectly fine on ePSXe), so I don't know what the hell to do. And yes, I did look it up, and both games were tested and supposedly worked.
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcuV2JdaBYY]Streets of Rage 3 (2 players)[/url]
Player (70)
I guess no one have made contact with the author yet right?
Their FAQ now says: Q. Open Source A. No plans for open source to the public yet. If your an actual emulation author, feel free to email pSX Emulator as the author is willing to share source code within reason. "Within reason"? I bet that this doesn't mean you can get all of the code.
Experienced player (539)
Hey PSX fans :P pSX V1.1 is OUT http://psxemulator.gazaxian.com/ and it includes fixes : * ALT+F4 now exits the emulator * Pressing F1/Shift+F1 switches back to windowed mode for file dialog * *.mcr files are shown in memory card dialog * Option to disable status icons (CD/XA/MR, etc..) - disabled by default * dbghelp.dll is now optional (required for saving crash dumps though) * CD drives (IoControl and ASPI) should now work * pSX now works under Win98/ME (hopefully!) * Fixed save state loading bug * Fixed crash when entering non existant savestate filename Oh.. and i almost forgot one thing.. Sounds works correctly now ! This emulator works like a dream on me now.. it doesn't crash like v1.0 before. But it is good if someone can code Frame Limiter etc.
ventuz
He/Him
Player (123)
Let us know when it support .iso
Player (70)
http://psxemulator.gazaxian.com/ 1.3 has been released.
Experienced player (539)
yeah.. i found 1.3 version about 1 - 2 weeks ago from ngemu.com.. but i need to download it ;) maybe this one works much better as previous version of pSX
Player (70)
Perhaps. I was requesting recording + re-recording in the forums BTW! :D Perhaps you all should go there and tell him to bake it in.
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Former player
Wanted: Emulator with source code, OpenGL support, and save-state funcionality. Linux is a bonus, but probably not mandatory. The source code is the most important part really. It gives us the power to modify it. We can add rerecording ourselves (we've done it before), and maybe even movie support if we need to. (OpenGL is necessary for us non-windows users.)
Yeah, open source is pretty key so nitsuja can work his magic like he did for mupen.
Do not try to bend the spoon, that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth. What Truth? There is nospoon. Then you will see it is not the spoon that changes, it is only yourself