Post subject: Mickey - Castle of Illusion
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
i jsut finished level 2, it took 9 long minutes... the game looks good on it's own and the music is good too so i don't think it's a boring record, i'm gonna finish it
Do that I loved that game!
I would like this movie ! On which difficulty are you playing ?
Former player
I think it probably looked nicer on SNES but this game was pretty tight. Looking forward to it!
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
this game was not released for any other system, as far as i know... i'm playing on hard of course! edit: i think it was released for game gear and SMS, but those don't count :P they are directly inferior versions
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
i found out that he goes a little bit faster while jumping, so i remade the first 2 levels. i also did some better moves / killed better enemies so i improved the time to the end of level 2 by 20 seconds. it looks more PROFESSIONAL now lol
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
i'm on the beggining of last level and have 15 minutes so far. should i get hit to save time? i managed to get here without having to get hit, but on this part there are these falling boulders that i need to wait if i don't want to get hit, that is very ugly..
Here's my opinion: If the purpose of the movie is pure speed, then get hit. If the purpose of the movie is being aesthetic, then do what is less ugly. If the purpose of the movie is mastering the game, then do not get hit. It also depends of how much indcredible it is to do avoid getting hit when playing the game normaly.
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
u need to get close to a boulder that is on the roof, so it falls, then u normally wait for it to start rising again so u can go through under while it's rising. what i can do is approach, then go over it, but that still makes me wait a bit. now, if i just run through it, i can get past the other 2 that are right after it (because of the invulnerability seconds)..... nm, haven't tried enough times yet, there might be some way to do it fast without getting hit, hopefully.
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
i managed to get through the falling boulder by jumping at the right moment so i could go under it before it fell. but now there's this big rolling rock that i just had to lose energy.... it's the only moment i lost energy. i made it to the boss of level 5, and after him there's only mizrabel or whatever is her name i think. 17 mins so far (still got to beat the boss of level 5).
I've only played the SMS version (go figure) Is the castle boss the dragon? Damn I want SMS rerecording :P
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
the only dragon i recall being on the game is on "candy land" inside the bottle on level 4. the boss of level 5 is a guy with a hammer, and the final boss is the evil witch.
I see..... so i take that they make both versions very differently.... must play this one. Can't wait for the .gmv! ^_^
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
i finished it, the movie play is 19 minutes 55.8 seconds long. i preferred not to get hit, that 1 hit in the whole movie would just blow... :) i think there is room for improvement. the biggest part i think can be improved is the boss of level 2, i think you don't need to jump on the springs at all... but well, that would improve like 3 seconds max. it's a enjoyable movie though :) i'm gonna post the gmv soon, just let me find that goodgen rom renamer
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
Former player
Good job, some of those bosses take a while to kill. It looks kinda funny how Mickey is jumping everywhere, almost as if he's skipping :)
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
the first 2 bosses are boring cause u can only do 1 hit and then u gotta wait.... :P other than that it looks fast enough i guess
I really want to see it...but it doesn't work here =( What kind of emulator do you use?
Former player
For the second boss you don't need the springs if you have marbles.
Former player
Sorry, i was thinking of Magical Quest starring Mickey Mouse. I guess I'm not familiar with this one.. keep going though (heh since you really need my permission)
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
the marbles make half damage.... :P therefore it takes way longer using marbles... and the boss has an integer value for health, so, even using marble as a last hit is out of question... but i think the jump height is good enough to skip the spring. let me try now, wait 1 sec................
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
damn.... it really is possible hehe.. jump before he releases the springs, go under the springs in mid air and knock him just as his head comes out... O_o i could remake it i guess. it is fun :) I used gens_movie_test8.exe provided by our friend Jyzero. the rom is the rom of same name of the gmv (renamed with goodgen).
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
just finished level 1 and it's 224 frames faster! that's more than 3 seconds :) (i don't know how did it improve so much, maybe on the floating leaves stage...)
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
hmm finished level 2. omg. something must b wrong cause the total improved time so far is 31 seconds.... Lol... i'm gonna call it a day, tomorrow i continue to record. my first version had 455 re-recordings TOTAL. this one has, just finishing level 2, 1529 re-recordings, haha, that must be why it's so much faster :P
Former player
@#$! that's a lot of rerecordings. My movie has about that many total, and I thought it had a ton of rerecordings. Well, that means that your new version will be pretty sweet, at least.