I tried to used Hex Editors for editing My SSF22 - TNC Tas, asked peoples, read articles. But i am unable to to do anything... Hex Editing is Hard so i think we need some tool for editing movies instead of Hex Editing. For Winkawaks (Noegeo/CPS Emulator) i have a program called Combo Maker which can edit movie/savestate files recorded using Winkawaks. It's a little easier than Hex Editing, because it show button pressed in editing window as well as frames & so... Please someone try to mdify this thing. Link is here. http://rapidshare.de/files/16398809/Combos_Maker.zip.html Included Exe, Example Recording & Savestate.
Radz.
Player (70)
There are also editors for gmv files. In case you didn't know that. :D
Highness wrote:
There are also editors for gmv files. In case you didn't know that. :D
A All in One Editor is required, i already know Genesis Editor.
Radz.
Player (104)
Since I read your post, I decided to create Snes9xME, which is a Snes9x Movie Editor. I just started it about 10 minutes ago, but as soon as I finish something "useable", I'll post links here. I'm programming it using Delphi 6. If you have any request for features, besides "hex-editing", please post them here. I intend on increasing the re-record count by 1 for each modification you make. That means every time you will save your modifications, it will increase by 1. This way, the re-record count will include the hex-editing, which, in my opinion, is a good thing. Note to Bisqwit or moderators: If you wish you can separate this into another thread if the discussion becomes more about Snes9xME.
It's a good News, we really need. I really can't think of any feature since beta release. I suggest other coders to join this and make it Official NES Video Editor.
Radz.
Player (104)
I've got a first version up online, however it's far from being complete. It's only read-only. That means you can open movie files, and see what buttons are pressed at what frames. All in all, this version is totally useless. I'm posting it just so you can get a feel for the program I'm creating and see if you like it or not. Also, if you have any comments or suggestions, feel free to post them here. Here's the link: http://halamantariel.homeip.net/Snex9xME.exe
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
How about making a version which supports all the emulator formats at once? I think that most people would be very interested in one. I haven't checked your first version yet, but I will.
Topic is renamed to WIP: Snes9X Movie Editor. OK I just tried it... DJ Fight start at 4270 frame.. I want to copy 4270-6490. 6490 at black screen from modified version. but there is no frame copy in WIP version.
Radz.
Player (104)
Shakespeare wrote:
there is no frame copy in WIP version.
Like I said, the WIP version is READ-ONLY and is a version that is only to show you the FEEL of the program. There is no feature implemented at all, except READING from the file. Also, nobody ever asked for Frame Copy ... I'll implement this if you ask for it, but don't come complaining it's not there before talking about it in the first place!
Former player
heh heh heh... this is pretty cool... and nifty to watch. if it could be one for all the current formats we have though, that would be better as truncated said, but i still like how this one works as well. keep up the progress.
Neato. Are you making the source available?
Player (104)
Dromiceius wrote:
Are you making the source available?
It will be, as soon as my first official release will be out. This will be when I complete the editing feature, which will allow you to edit a movie, one frame at a time, by simply clicking on the buttons you want pressed on that frame. I estimate this first official release to be within 2 weeks, because I can only work on this on weekends, since I work all day long, and I try to relax when I come home. Within 2 weeks you should see a first official release for this, source code included.
Hm.. well, I don't like how it works. But I have plenty ideas on how to make it better. Wanted functions, in order of wanted-ness: 1) there is no overview whatsoever and it's impossible to keep track of what you are doing. Check what EME looks like, much easier. The colums can be made a lot more narrow though. 2) The errors i find myself trying to fix most of the time are dislocations, where the movie is off by some number of frames in either direction. As such "Delete frame" and "Duplicate frame" commands would be extremely handy. (The current layout makes these errors more or less impossible to fix.) 3) The thing I want to do second most often is duplicating a sequence of a movie (another one or the one I'm currently editing), and put it somewhere in the movie file I have. Marking an area, Ctrl-X, Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V would be GOLD. 4) Support for having several movies open at once, and viewing different parts of the same movie at once. 5) Support for several controllers. 6) Support for several movie formats. 7) A File -> Edit header command would be very nice. I hope that this doesn't sound too critical, I'm just trying to inspire you. I think this community is in sore need for a good graphical movie editor, and with so many excellent programmers here it's a mystery why one hasn't been made yet.
Player (104)
I hear ya, truncated! now THAT'S what I call a software demand! A lot more like what should have been asked for in the first place! Rest assured, number 1, 2, 3 and 5 are 100% sure to me implemented. Also, I intend to make the interface a lot similar to that of EME. I really had no idea at all of how to present my program, and this idea proves to be a genius one! As for multiple movies open at once, you could always open 2 instances of the program ... that would do it :D Support for several movie format: that's going to be a problem. The only experience I've got with movie formats are with Snes9x movies ... but I could always try to do another one (gens or fceu) after I'm done with Snes9x. Edit header ... that's an interesting thing, but I'm not going to allow the user to edit some parts of it. In fact, I intend to allow the editing of the Author information only. Re-record count and Frame count will be handled by the program itself.
I'm glad you liked it. :) >As for multiple movies open at once, you could always open 2 instances of the program ... that would do it :D Good enough, as long as there is a solution which works I'm satisfied. >Re-record count and Frame count will be handled by the program itself. I guess you don't want to keep people from lowering the number of rerecords. That's fine I guess. You could allow editing of the sync flags perhaps. And whether the movie begins from Reset or Savestate. >Support for several movie format: that's going to be a problem. The only experience I've got with movie formats are with Snes9x movies ... but I could always try to do another one (gens or fceu) after I'm done with Snes9x. The GMV and FMV movie formats are trivial (fixed length header and fixed number of bytes per controller), VBM is a little more complicated but not a lot, but FCM is a complete mess. So I suggest supporting those three (GMV, FMV, possibly VBM) at first, because everyone who edits FCM files converts them to FMV via Nesmock and edit those instead, anyway. I think you know about these pages already, but just for completeness' sake: http://tasvideos.org/GMV.html http://tasvideos.org/FMV.html http://tasvideos.org/VBM.html http://tasvideos.org/FCM.html You could just let the user handle the conversion FCM-FMV, but a cool solution would be to automatically convert FCM to FMV via Nesmock when opening it, and convert it back when the user saves/closes the file. That's just bonus though and nothing which is necessary at all. Another thing I thought of: 8) Make a backup automatically whenever a movie file is opened. Saves a lot of grief. I'm looking forward to the first release already.
Player (104)
Truncated wrote:
8) Make a backup automatically whenever a movie file is opened.
That is already implemented. The way it works is that when you open a movie file, the program creates a (movie filename).tmp file. Ex: Illusion of Gaia (U) [!].smv.tmp The program then works with that .tmp only, never touching the .smv, except if the user selects "Save" in the menu, in which case the original .smv is deleted, and the .tmp is copied to the original filename.
>... if the user selects "Save" in the menu, in which case the original .smv is deleted, and the .tmp is copied to the original filename. I was thinking about making a permanent backup, since it's not unusual that the user makes a stupid mistake and then proceeds to overwrite his movie with it.
Player (104)
Truncated wrote:
>it's not unusual that the user makes a stupid mistake and then proceeds to overwrite his movie with it.
Which is why there are two options: Save and Save As... Users wanting to go safe will Save As and change the name to add like v57 (like FODA does with his Mario64 wips), and other users might want to simply save, depending on how complicated the edit was and on what could be the repercussions. There's also always to option of copying the file before opening it with the program, which anyone can do with any OS I know of.
creaothceann
He/Him
Editor
Truncated wrote:
it's a mystery why one hasn't been made yet.
http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3580 :)
Truncated wrote:
>Re-record count and Frame count will be handled by the program itself. I guess you don't want to keep people from lowering the number of rerecords. That's fine I guess.
This limitation wouldn't stop anyone though, IMO.
What's up with this? When will be first beta release?
Radz.
Player (104)
Shakespeare wrote:
What's up with this? When will be first beta release?
I have no idea. Work and school have taken all my time recently, and when I had some spare time I worked on my IoG 100% TAS. Basically I haven't started yet, since I have to re-start from scratch because of the design change. I'll be starting to work on this in the next few weeks, when I have a little more time for myself.
Cool this sounds awesome. I want something like this =D
Player (104)
UPDATE: I stopped thinking about doing this. An idea was brought up here, suggesting a plugin based editor that would support almost every type of movie file. A simple plugin would be needed to allow compatibility with a new movie type. Since I think that idea is better than the one I had originally (which was discussed here), I link you guys to the "new thread" for the "new idea/project". Here: http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3849 Bottom line: I am NOT working on this anymore.
Halamantariel wrote:
Bottom line: I am NOT working on this anymore.
This topic should be close now.
Radz.