Post subject: Micro Machines 2 - Turbo Tournament =)
I did a test run of first 9 races + 3 bonus levels =) as far as I remember there are 27 level, so 33% is ready. Thanks to moozooh for hosting this file: http://moozooh.weirdwire.ru/mm2test.zip Recorded using Gens 9f (not modified by nitsuja/upthorn), sound was on, 44khz. I used rom named "Micro Machines 2 - Turbo Tournament.bin" and don't know it's original name (with country). Even though it's a racing game, movie does not seem to be boring, I use different shortcuts where possible, and... Well, take a look yourself ^_^ Why genesis version? Somehow I get better lap times on every race(perhars, machines are faster), and snes version desynced at first-second race =(
Senior Moderator
Looks entertaining. I never knew it was possible to superlap every race (although I've complete this game on my friend's Genesis), and I liked how you owned the bonus stages. On the other hand, this run needs numerous optimizations (ie. reducing drifts and unwanted collisions, maybe some more shortcut testing). And the ROM name is "Micro Machines 2 - Turbo Tournament (W)".
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
Thanks ) I will polish all races of course =) It's a test run... but I currently can't super-lap one track on the kitchen (2 races after this movie)
Super-lap auto winner only works in the first 10 races. After that you have to play the full race. [EDIT] I get a desync in race 5. You turn into the knife and keep bouncing off it for a while, then you turn around and run off the table, then you start bashing the knife again, then you drive backwards for a bit before auto-firing Start which eventually freezes the game with the timer reading 24.52.
Mr. Pwnage wrote:
Super-lap auto winner only works in the first 10 races. After that you have to play the full race.
T__T But watching all the rest races for 3 laps each would be boring T__T Looks like I should give up on it then...
[EDIT] I get a desync in race 5. You turn into the knife and keep bouncing off it for a while, then you turn around and run off the table, then you start bashing the knife again, then you drive backwards for a bit before auto-firing Start which eventually freezes the game with the timer reading 24.52.
It played well on at least three computers with the settings I gave in the first post...