Post subject: Metroid Limit
I think I've mostly figured out the optimal route for a 100% tas in metroid limit. I'm too lasy/unskilled to make a test run, though, so I'll list the outline here. - If you want to skip the ceres escape, fall onto the broken glass and die, and restart. - Get the missiles, morphball, bombs, and others. - Skip the ice beam and get the grapple beam. - Get the ice beam and everything else in the area, and move on to the varia suit. - Go to norfair and get the power bombs. - Go back to brinstar and get the high-jump boots, super missiles, and wave beam. Kraid can still be killed in one round without the super missiles. - Go back to norfair and use the power bombs to get to the spring ball skipping everything else in that area (except the missile set). - Get the speed booster. - Go to maridia and kill draygon. - The fastest way to get to the plasma beam room (from the previous one) is to walljump up the right wall. - In the speedblock room, it may be possible to get the first missile set the second time through by freezing an enemy in exactly the right place, but I'm not sure. - Anyway, get the gravity suit and everything else, and then head to lower norfair. - Kill ridley, get the x-ray scope, kill the gold torizo, and shinespark out of the room. - Go back to norfair and get the spazer beam. - Get the missile set next to the speedbooster area gravity jump out of acid, preparing for a crystal flash. - Go back to the crocomire's area and use a crystal flash to get past the super missile block in the first room. Get everything else. - Finnish the game. I'm missing one missile set, but it probably won't affect the route much.
I don't think TASVideos will accept anymore Metroid hacks. But, hey, I'd just say to hold it off 'till you get the official word from Bisqwit. But personally, I've never heard of Metroid Limits, so the chance of it to be allowed, let alone be accepted for publishing, would be extremely low.
Former player
Just because YOU have never heard of it means that it's automatically a bad hack? Limit is pretty inventive and a whole lot of fun to TAS. If you haven't checked out my unfinished 100% walkthrough yet, check here. It was never intended to be more than a walkthrough and I was following the FAQ to the letter so I did no actual route planning. EDIT: Ah, it seems you've already seen it. Well best of luck to you if you ever decide to make a complete TAS of it.
Player (70)
Wether or not this site is accepting more Super Metroid hacks, one can still make them and post them in the forums for people to admire. It really doesn't always need to get published to be entertaining.
does the elevator bluesuit work in snes9x 1.51?
Aran_Jaeger
He/Him
Banned User, Player (9)
Yes it does. Edit: Sorry, I couldn't resist. I hope it doesn't bother anyone, and it shouldn't be against the rules. I was just searching if there existed a Spanky's Quest thread already, and apparently it doesn't (but there is like 10 of each: Alttp, SMW, and SM threads, and maybe similar situations for other games).
collect, analyse, categorise. "Mathematics - When tool-assisted skills are just not enough" ;) Don't want to be taking up so much space adding to posts, but might be worth mentioning and letting others know for what games 1) already some TAS work has been done (ordered in decreasing amount, relative to a game completion) by me and 2) I am (in decreasing order) planning/considering to TAS them. Those would majorly be SNES games (if not, it will be indicated in the list) I'm focusing on. 1) Spanky's Quest; On the Ball/Cameltry; Musya; Super R-Type; Plok; Sutte Hakkun; The Wizard of Oz; Battletoads Doubledragon; Super Ghouls'n Ghosts; Firepower 2000; Brain Lord; Warios Woods; Super Turrican; The Humans. 2) Secret Command (SEGA); Star Force (NES); Hyperzone; Aladdin; R-Type 3; Power Blade 2 (NES); Super Turrican 2; First Samurai. (last updated: 18.03.2018)
Editor, Expert player (2013)
Aran Jaeger wrote:
Yes it does.
Only 10 years off the mark.
effort on the first draft means less effort on any draft thereafter - some loser
ED ... please ... 10 years ... >_>