Post subject: Crusader of Centy (aka Ragnacenty aka Soleil)
Former player
I have recorded a movie of this game, it's a pretty long Zelda style action rpg, the point of the game is getting animals that give you the ability of running, make your sword bounce on the walls and more, at first the movie is a bit boring cause the character hasn't got any capabilities but when leveling up it gets cooler.The time was 59'44''. Here's the link: http://usuarios.lycos.es/amstradpics/crusader.zip (as always, right click---->Save link to disk or copy and paste in your browser)
Kage bunshin no jutsu!!!
Former player
Dunno about anyone else, but it desynched for me shortly after the fire/ice blob boss, when you were in the underwater part. c.c
Former player
Did I just saw Sonic in this game?? ;) Yeah, mine too.. desynced in the dungeon after the blob-thing :P otherwise, good work with the run..
Wheeeehaaa.. Yaaayy..
Former player
Set your player 1 controller to 3 buttons and delete the C_CENTY.SMR file before playing. (The 1st player set to 6 buttons causes the desync, after watching the movie through once, trying to watch again w/o deleting C_CENTY.SMR causes an immediate desync for me. Gens_Movie_test8)
Gigafrost is right. The game acts differently depending on the content of the save ram. It's the same thing with controller setting. When the game finds a 6buttons controller, it says "it's cool" to itself, and lose a few cycles doing so. These few cycles will cause a desync later. So the game must be played with the same controller setting as recorded. Version TEST9 take care of this problem.
Player (70)
Hey! Jackic - Could you repost that file some where? When I download it, it's corrupt. Would like to see that run since I've played that game pretty much. Not recently thouough. :)
Former player
Go there: http://usuarios.lycos.es/amstradpics/ , I think you'll be able to download a correct file from there.
Kage bunshin no jutsu!!!
Player (70)
Why haven't this movie been submitted? I would vote YES instantly after watching this. It was amazing. Very fast and very good!
Former player
I don't think it would be published, it's way too long to make an avi of it, not even a 269 meg file would be enough to make it look good...
Kage bunshin no jutsu!!!
Player (70)
Err.. You think it's too long? It's only an hour dude! What do you think will happend when the final fantasy run is done eh? Go ahead and submit it I say!
Reviewer, Active player (277)
Hey, I'm thinking about picking this game up. So far I haven't found any sequence breaks or glitches. If you know of any, that would be nice. Currently in the planning stages, but I do have a short WIP http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/531195122/CrusaderofCenty.gmv Make sure you clear your SRAM if you have any or else it won't play. Possible improvements: I pick up 21 malins in the obstacle course instead of 20. A different path might work better. I might be able to end the boss fight closer to the door, though it might have the battle end later, so I don't know how much time it would save.
Would be neat to see a TAS of this. Anyway, do you plan to get the golden sword? If you do, why do you skip getting the medal, or is it possible to get it after finishing a different course?
I'm considering it, but it's really late in the game before you can get the sword, so I'm not sure if the power boost is worth it. The only place it will make a difference is boss battles.
Former player
I'm pretty sure that using frame advance and the combination of the cheetah and the animal that boosts your abilities(I forgot which one is) you can make pretty neat time savers by jumping over ledges, in the movie I posted there's a very small sb in the "heaven" stage, by jumping through a hole you're not supposed to you can skip part of the dungeon.
Kage bunshin no jutsu!!!
I guess it's a bit difficult to say... If you could go for the sword right after getting the cheetah, it would be a simple decision IMO, but since you can't talk to humans at the time it does complicate things. Perhaps it really would be a waste to get the golden sword.
Former player
Possible improvements I saw, both minor, but one of them is somewhat less minor than the other: First, your character name. While going directly to OK is the fastest at *that* point, you would lose frames every time the character name is displayed, due to the fact it that the name it gives you is merely 6 blank spaces. So while I'm not particularly fond of it, sas opposed to nothing, "A" would be better, and save frames in the few places your name is displayed. Second, while the overall character movements are smoother than that of the original movie posted in this topic, you still go left around the fountain, as opposed to right (to which you wouldn't have to walk around the sign, and could start moving directly down slightly earlier). Finally, the bees. While I know this allowed you to get money faster, it also slowed you down a bit. The old movie creator used the bees to his advantage as a damageless boost across the pit that you clear by hitting that switch (and also in the water for another minor boost). This may or may not still be possible to do with the amount of bees you have left, so perhaps screw around with that and see if you can come up with something that works. That's all I can think of, other than that, nice effort thusfar.
Former player
arkiandruski wrote:
http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/607651390/CrusaderofCenty.gmv Same place, only slightly faster
Not bad, I can only think of one potential although unlikely minor timesaver near the end of the current progress that came to mind upon me going through that part myself (a sheer luck thing, if you will). if you hit one of those bugs on the right angle, it may save you a minor amount of time on the ascent, as they knock you almost half way up. Otherwise, great job :)
Well, I tried, and although it gives you a nice boost, the place it puts you puts too much stuff in the way, so ultimately it's slower.
Former player
arkiandruski wrote:
Who is this kid and what is this game he's playing? http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/1753234725/Crusader%20of%20Centy%20%28U%29%20%5B%21%5D.gmv
Nice progress, the only thing I can blatantly fault you on is walking up stairs in the beach area. jumping is faster, as it completely ignores them. Otherwise, nice stuff :)
Former player
arkiandruski wrote:
Another boss down Fucking wind.
Ok, I just got around to watching this (various reasons as to why I didn't earlier, but eh). Not too bad, but it visibly seemingly has some parts that look a bit poor in comparison to some others (described in the following question). Anyway, I'm sure you were expecting this question to come up: Why walk through the various parts of grass? Was this more or less completely related to having to wait for the wind at various points, thusly not slowing you down at all, despite how it may appear? Otherwise, jumping over enemies and grass would certainly be the faster method of travelling. A minor note otherwise: it looks a little bad getting damaged by that spike just outside the village when you can jump over it, take no damage, and move just as fast (unless it gives you a slight boost). Also applies to the few times you're walking diagonal and it seems to slow you down for no apparent reason, jumping will prevent it from doing that to you. Hell, up until you get speed improvements, you can change directions while jumping with seemingly no penalty to your current speed, so keep that one in mind if it wasn't obvious. Keep it up though, you're doing a pretty good job so far :)
Sorry for the long time to respond. I've been very lazy as of late, and I'm trying to overcome it. Anyway, to address your concerns. It's not advantageous to jump in the wind because the wind will pick you up when you jump and give you next to no control. Also, jumping over enemies is impossible. Jumping over grass is important, and I am keeping that in mind, but because of the wind, I don't think it will save any time here. It's just timed exactly wrong. Most times when I'm walking diagonally and I don't need to, it's because I'm trying to keep the wind from pushing me into a wall and slowing me down even more. (I think that's what you're talking about) Again, I can't jump there because the wind will pick me up and just slam me into the wall. I take damage from the spike because when I jumped I thought I saw a recoil when I landed that wasn't there when I just ran over it. I may be seeing things though. If you can confirm it, that would be great.
Active player (253)
Hey, what do you know! I made a speed run of this game quite recently and didn't know this existed! AND, it's not a TAS, AND it's under 57 minutes! Check it out! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJZGiyOnIAc http://www.archive.org/details/CrusaderOfCenty_SpeedRun_Grif