Post subject: Player 4 & 5 input problems
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
When Player 4 or 5 are holding any button, the emulator also presses A for them. Any chance in fixing this? :)
<Swordless> Go hug a tree, you vegetarian (I bet you really are one)
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
When loading a state, background layers are all turned back on regardless of their previous state. On the other hand, transparency retains its previous toggle after a state is loaded. It would be handy to have the background layers retain their toggle as well.
<Swordless> Go hug a tree, you vegetarian (I bet you really are one)
Former player
whoa. JXQ? 4-5 player? can i only assume?
upthorn
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Active player (388)
I've found and fixed this bug. I'd upload the resulting snes9x build, but I don't want to step on anyone's toes, nor do I wish to become the general maintainer of snes9x while Nitsuja is busy. Instead, I'll describe the fix here: in gfx.cpp change line number 3611 from
string[strlen("P?: ")+i]= ((IPPU.Joypads[J] & mask)!=0 || (IPPU.Joypads[J+5] & mask)!=0) ? KeyMap[j] : ' ';
to
string[strlen("P?: ")+i]= ((IPPU.Joypads[J] & mask)!=0) ? KeyMap[j] : ' '; //Removed an array out of bounds check that screwed up input display
How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks.
Emulator Coder, Skilled player (1300)
That fix looks correct to me. That bug had already been fixed in a newer version (along with the transparency toggle problem) but until now I didn't know what I'd fixed by making that change. To clarify something else, the bug is not that the emulator presses A for players 4 and 5, only that the input display shows A for them. I think I can conclude from this that JXQ is not doing a 4 or 5 player TAS...
Post subject: Screenshot bug
I just wanted to point out that in this bux-fix version of the emulator has a bug when taking screenshots. I press F12, and a message displays in the emulator saying "Failed to take screenshot." I also tried taking a screenshot with the non-bug-fix version of the emulator, and it was able to take a screenshot... so it appears it is only in this bug fixed version. I don't know if you have already found/fixed this bug, but figured you should know for future revisions of the emulator... keep up the good work!
adelikat wrote:
I very much agree with this post.
Bobmario511 wrote:
Forget party hats, Christmas tree hats all the way man.
I'm just curious, but what game would you TAS involving 4 or 5 players? o.O Or is this just preparing in case someone decides to do so?
Former player