upthorn
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Active player (388)
Since some curiousity has been expressed toward my plans for Gens Movie 10 here's a list of the features planned for it
  • GM2 support
  • Tracer/partial dissassembler
  • 24-bit & 32-bit color support
  • Hotkey customization
  • Volume control
  • Bookmarking savestate system -- unlimited savestates per game
  • Multi-track recording
  • Overwrite recording mode (versus truncate)
  • Overhaul Ram Search/Watch for complete reliability
  • More robust Ram Watch capabilities -- including pointer dereference
  • Lag indicator (or rather "controller not read" indicator)
  • Toggleable "Sprites always in front" display
Additional feature requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis. [Edit] List is now color coded: Blue = Finished features Red = Won't be in interim release (Gens movie 9.5) [Edit 2] Interim release completed. See http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=133692#133692.
How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks.
Really nice ;) Then I'll wait and I'll prepare my first run :)
Player (36)
Can't wait for this. I would love to make some interesting Sonic 2 races with TAS Technology. The results should be somewhat interesting, however I don't believe they will be anywhere as a marvel as some of the TAS's I've seen. I'm in no way a Nitsuja or JXQ.
A whisper in the wind~~
Active player (253)
unlimited savestates per game Huh? I thought they were already unlimited...
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcuV2JdaBYY]Streets of Rage 3 (2 players)[/url]
Former player
You can only have 10 at any given time.
Borg Collective wrote:
Negotiation is irrelevant. Self-determination is irrelevant. You will be assimilated.
Active player (253)
With Shift + F5, I meant (lets you name the savestate)...
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcuV2JdaBYY]Streets of Rage 3 (2 players)[/url]
upthorn
He/Him
atro city wrote:
unlimited savestates per game Huh? I thought they were already unlimited...
Perhaps it would be better if I'd said "unlimited quicksaves per game"
How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks.
Emulator Coder, Skilled player (1301)
Feature request: Store displayed pixels in savestates, and make loading them immediately display the way the previous state looked, like VBA does. Feature request #2 and 3: Make the "close rom" command blank out the screen like it used to, and (this is probably covered under your "overhaul RAM search/watch", but) don't clear out the watch list when loading a ROM.
Emulator Coder, Former player
This may or may not be a feature request (since I'm not sure if the issue is actually just a settings problem on my end). Fix Gens so that it doesn't re-initialize the entire screen when the application is started or closed (it currently "blacks" out the screen whenever I start/terminate the app). If it's only doing this for me ... sorry, posted in the wrong place :P
upthorn
He/Him
Maximus wrote:
This may or may not be a feature request (since I'm not sure if the issue is actually just a settings problem on my end). Fix Gens so that it doesn't re-initialize the entire screen when the application is started or closed (it currently "blacks" out the screen whenever I start/terminate the app). If it's only doing this for me ... sorry, posted in the wrong place :P
This is covered under "24 & 32 bit color support"
Former player
Maximus wrote:
This may or may not be a feature request (since I'm not sure if the issue is actually just a settings problem on my end). Fix Gens so that it doesn't re-initialize the entire screen when the application is started or closed (it currently "blacks" out the screen whenever I start/terminate the app).
Upthorn wrote:
24-bit & 32-bit color support
Emulator Coder, Former player
Thank you. Sorry, didn't read up on the issue before posting.
upthorn
He/Him
nitsuja wrote:
Feature request: Store displayed pixels in savestates, and make loading them immediately display the way the previous state looked, like VBA does.
I knew I was forgetting something when I made the post.
nitsuja wrote:
Feature request #2: Make the "close rom" command blank out the screen like it used to
I can make it black the screen out. I can't find the reason it stopped doing the multicolored snow effect, though.
nitsuja wrote:
and 3: (this is probably covered under your "overhaul RAM search/watch", but) don't clear out the watch list when loading a ROM.
This isn't actually a bug. Perhaps the feature was poorly thought through, though. I'll remove that call.
upthorn wrote:
I can make it black the screen out.
It fails to do so if any of the render filters besides Normal or Double are selected. By the way, I think nobody noticed, but there is a new render filter called "EPX" that wasn't there in 9j or earlier.
upthorn wrote:
I can't find the reason it stopped doing the multicolored snow effect, though.
It's not the default anymore, that's all.
upthorn wrote:
This isn't actually a bug.
I never said it was, but I did think it was done to avoid a bug and that perhaps that wouldn't be necessary later. (Associated problem: The way those dialogs steal focus from the emulator when they automatically reopen is also mildly annoying.)
upthorn
He/Him
nitsuja wrote:
upthorn wrote:
I can make it black the screen out.
It fails to do so if any of the render filters besides Normal or Double are selected. By the way, I think nobody noticed, but there is a new render filter called "EPX" that wasn't there in 9j or earlier.
I noticed, but then promptly forgot to make a public note of it. Sorry about that.
nitsuja wrote:
upthorn wrote:
I can't find the reason it stopped doing the multicolored snow effect, though.
It's not the default anymore, that's all.
Except that when I uncheck "disable intro effect" it doesn't make any difference, and when I close and reopen gens, "disable intro effect" has been mysteriously re-checked.
Because you left the intro effect color set to black, and there is no black snow effect. (It should be set to white by default so you don't have to change both settings to enable it, but I guess something went wrong with setting that default. Alternatively, the checkbox could be removed as redundant, but then it might not be clear enough that the intro can be enabled/disabled at all if there is only a selection of colors.)
Then change black to "None".
Post subject: Re: Gens 10 planned feature list
Active player (410)
upthorn wrote:
Since some curiousity has been expressed toward my plans for Gens Movie 10 here's a list of the features planned for it
  • GM2 support
  • Hotkey customization
  • Volume control
  • Multi-track recording
Additional feature requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Weren't you supposed to add Sega CD support in this version?
Post subject: Re: Gens 10 planned feature list
upthorn
He/Him
Phil wrote:
upthorn wrote:
  • GM2 support
  • Hotkey customization
  • Volume control
  • Multi-track recording
Additional feature requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Weren't you supposed to add Sega CD support in this version?
I never said that.
Active player (410)
Ok true, it was supposed to be in 9x branch.... But do you have any idea when it will happen?
This is the best news ever. =p
ventuz
He/Him
Player (123)
Will it have "Do not use SRAM" before running a movie? With current GENS 9z, I already ran into problem for first 500 frames in Super Hydlide. (play the movie 5 times...)
upthorn
He/Him
If you read the GM2 format specification, you'll see that it calls for SRM data being saved in the movie file. So yes, that problem should be taken care of. In the meantime, I suggest you delete the srm file, open the game and close it to generate a blank sram, then mark that file read only.
ventuz
He/Him
Player (123)
Thanks, I didn't think of putting .srm on read-only. Gotta resume TASing Super Hydlide.
There is a new version gens 2.14 at http://gens.consolemul.com/downloads.shtml % put the TAS recording software on the new gens not the old gens version 2.11