Post subject: Read-only toggle is pretty much my favorite animal (NOT!)
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
In FCEU (0.98.16, probably other versions as well), when I record to frame x, toggle read-only, load a state back at frame x minus whatever, and play the movie, my movie stops anywhere from 50-100 frames before it should. This is HIGHLY ANNOYING. That is all.
<Swordless> Go hug a tree, you vegetarian (I bet you really are one)
Skilled player (1402)
JXQ wrote:
In FCEU (0.98.16, probably other versions as well), when I record to frame x, toggle read-only, load a state back at frame x minus whatever, and play the movie, my movie stops anywhere from 50-100 frames before it should.
This can be somewhat avoided. It stops after the last time that input changes... so if you press right for the last 100 frame of your movie (while recording), and no other buttons, and go in read only mode, it will stop 100 frames too soon. If you replay a finished movie (not directly from recording), there is no problem. Like I said, you can avoid the problem, by giving some random input at the end of your movie, and it will play the entire movie, since it plays untill the last frame different buttons are pressed.
Player (151)
...bred for its skills in magic. And yeah, what Baxter said. It's still annoying, but better than no toggle at all. (I had no idea there was a toggle at all while working on my ng1/ng2 runs >.<)