Post subject: Asterix: The Search for Dogmatix (WIP Watchers Needed)
I believe that this game would be very fun to TAS and to watch. considering that you go around with Asterix and Obelix beating up the Romans to go save their dog. Regardless of the fact, the challenges they have to overcome will be quite cool to watch them overcome insanely fast. Once I have a bit of spare time, I will take on this game. Any questions?
Renting this space for rent. Trying to fix image on this site. Please cut slack. As of April 6th, 2012: After a long absence, here we go again?
Senior Moderator
Is that the Asterix game that looks vaguely like SMB2?
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
You mean like this? Are you sure you arent thinking of Asterix and the Great Rescue?
Renting this space for rent. Trying to fix image on this site. Please cut slack. As of April 6th, 2012: After a long absence, here we go again?
Senior Moderator
Yeah, it was probably Great Rescue (especially since it wasn't GBC).
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
Okay, forget the WIPs, i had to change my route to this one. [URL=http://imgbolt.com][/URL] In terms of changing characters, the only level in which it might be Obelix only is the boss in this map (I am not sure about the other ones). Edit: A thing I have discovered. Holding A until your are at the top of your jump and releasing A until you are 4-6 frames from hitting the ground. Pressing A and holding A in that 4-6 window will cause you to jump instantly upon touching the ground. Also, th colour of the Romans tunic changes depends on how many frames youre along in the jump cycle.
Finally, the first WIP is fully complete! Click here. Does the game look entertaining?
Well, has anyone actually watched the WIP? I am getting a bit discouraged by the lack of posting.
Chamale
He/Him
Player (178)
Rridgway wrote:
Well, has anyone actually watched the WIP? I am getting a bit discouraged by the lack of posting.
Chamale, while he too was making his first run, also of an obscure GameBoy game wrote:
I'm feeling really insignificant here. There has only been one vote for this movie, and my other has had no votes. I'm making speedruns at a frenzied rate, but no one even bothers to vote. Some people have given insightful comments, but then they just don't vote. So please, people, watch my movies and vote for them. I have a feeling that I could speedrun Super Mario Bros. in 4:55, and no one would even bother to watch. If no one even pays attention to me, I'll just stop making these TASes.
People rarely pay attention to someone's first movie. Patience. I'll try to watch the WIP tonight. EDIT: The level was more entertaining than I expected it would be, and I would vote yes if the entire movie had a similar pace. However, the initial level selection seemed very unoptimal. I think you did not press the A button nearly as soon as you could have to enter the level. Also, I must ask, are you sure all the jumping and punching was done optimally?
Skilled player (1885)
I just watched this now, and here's my feedback: The game selection was decent, nothing spectacular, but not too bad. The sound and graphics were okay, but the constant jumping got kinda annoying after a while because the screen scrolled whenever you made a jump. As for the quality, it seemed pretty good, but not perfect. I've never played the game, but as Chamale stated, overall I got the impression that some jumps and attacks could be done faster, but I could be wrong. :P The level selection and the intro screen aren't done as fast as possible. I managed to get them done 38 frames faster. Here's the movie file showing this. I manage to get Asterix to appear on frame 1282, and in your movie he appears on frame 1320. If I have some free time, I might fool around a bit with the game's physics. Good luck with the rest of this! EDIT: Corrected the URL-link to link to the movie, sorry about that...
Chamale
He/Him
Player (178)
There's no link in your post, Randil. Please correct it.
Oh, by the way, the curser begins at the same place each time, changing my route to this: 1. Forest (Normal) (Asterix) 2.Fort Torturum (Forced scroll) (Asterix) 3. Fort Landunium (Normal) (Asterix) 4. Fort Compendium (Boss) (Boss: Trebuchet) (Obelix) I will post a new WIP when I have redone this one to reflect the errors I have made. Glitch: If you are ducking when beside any romans (Legionary, Shieldbearer, Spearman, Titan, Commander), there is a 3 frame damaged amiation,but you dont move back, and you do not get damaged. Note: this does not apply to any other enemies, or the bosses.
i tried playing this game and, well, i do not understand it. at all. so i dont think i will be of much help >_>
adelikat wrote:
I very much agree with this post.
Bobmario511 wrote:
Forget party hats, Christmas tree hats all the way man.
Chamale
He/Him
Player (178)
Rridgway wrote:
1. Forest (Normal) (Asterix) 2.Fort Torturum (Forced scroll) (Asterix) 3. Fort Landunium (Normal) (Asterix) 4. Fort Compendium (Boss) (Boss: Trebuchet) (Obelix)
I presume, from your route, that Obelix is slower but more damage-dealing? Is level 4 nothing but the boss fight or is there other stuff too? If there is, it might make Asterix still worth using.
Yes, you have to get over to it from a large distance away (At least forest length) to it. As far as I know, you cannot beat the boss with Obelix.
Chamale
He/Him
Player (178)
Rridgway wrote:
As far as I know, you cannot beat the boss with Obelix.
Don't you mean Asterix? What attribute does he lack that means he cannot win the boss fight?
The boss fires large rocks at you. You pick them up and throw them t the boss to defeat it. Obelix is the only who can lift the large rocks.
Chamale
He/Him
Player (178)
That boss fight sounds like the Clawgrip fight in SMB2. Perhaps, as in that game, the boss could be defeated by bouncing one rock repeatedly off the boss' head?
ViGadeomes
He/Him
Judge, Active player (303)
Hello everyone, I think ( 10 years ago ) Rridgway abandonned this TAS. I'm doing a new one because I never see his own TAS. I found some little glitches and I don't think you can go faster than what I did. For the moment, I reTAS the first world because it's my first ever TAS and I wasn't very accustomed with all things xD. I'll upload it when I finished if you want. I'll finish this TAS in any case. If you have some questions or you want to speak about this game on any things, ask me ;)
ViGadeomes
He/Him
I finally finished the first world : http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/info/42790103335720320 If you have some questions, I'm here ;)
ViGadeomes
He/Him
Hello guys, I found al lot of optimizations for the first world : Download bk2 file here : http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/info/43072368526038865 or Watch it on Youtube here : Link to video Tell me here or on Youtube if you want to speak about this WIP or this game ;)
ViGadeomes
He/Him
Hello guys, I finished the second world : Download bk2 file here : http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/info/43735878471162863 or watch it on youtube : Link to video
DwainiumB
He/Him
Player (57)
Nice one man, I like the damage boosts.
Perception is the greatest deception. nitrogenesis: 04:43:04: but TAS is life nitrogenesis: 04:43:23: TAS everyday MKWii TAS Discord: https://discord.gg/z5bu44H MKWii TAS Records: https://goo.gl/ZrGKgt Currently Trying to TAS: On Hold: The Incredibles (GC) The Incredibles: Rise Of The Underminer (GC) Future: (GC) Egg Mania: Eggstreme Madness (Wii) The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of The Unicorn Mario Kart Wii 32 Track GP
ViGadeomes
He/Him
Thanks bro !
ViGadeomes
He/Him
Do I continue to show you my WIPs or I don't spoil you?
Experienced player (947)
ViGadeomes wrote:
Do I continue to show you my WIPs or I don't spoil you?
Hi, I advise you to continue to post your wips in this thread, because some guys can help you if by example they find an error or other! If TASers and viewers don't want to spoil, then they don't will go to follow this thread. You doing a great work and I think that it's for this reason you haven't more messages in this thread! Good luck to finish.
GAW sms... Totally destroyed