FractalFusion's Minesweeper in some 32 seconds. Last level of 7-Missions (story) mode via password (more than one is boring). Each level has 10 minefields small and large. Super-fast minesweeping action.
I used VBA v19.2, but it works on v19.3.
  • Uses a level password
  • Aims for fastest time
Note that if all mines are flagged, one can press start to skip to the next minefield without playing the clear song. Hence I flag them all.
It is usually faster to take a snake-like route.
When uncovering empty regions, I cannot start uncovering again until the effect is done.
Thanks to alden for #2056: alden's GB Minesweeper in 00:00, or in 00:00.47, which encouraged me to submit this run now.

NesVideoAgent: Hi! I am a robot. I took a few screenshots of this movie and placed them here. Here goes! Feel free to clean up the list.

mmbossman: Good viewer response, and the movie was the appropriate length for the type of game. Accepting for publication.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2058: FractalFusion's GB Minesweeper in 00:32.17
Former player
Wow, that was intense. This is what I was imagining a minesweeper TAS would look like. :) Stunning and yes vote.
My published movies [03:45:05] <Naohiro19> Soulrivers: ... [03:45:19] <Soulrivers> ? [03:46:35] <Naohiro19> <Soulrivers> No! <Naohiro19> So? <Soulrivers> Yes! [03:46:48] <Naohiro19> joke
lol, also yes.
"No love for the game gear"
Player (120)
Well, big yes vote here... I was a bit confused by your use of flags as I thought that a TAS wouldn't really need them, but you explain that in the submission text. Have you ever thought about trying to manipulate a large and densely mined board that can be solved in one "click"? Anyways, good show, you should keep making these non-standard games! :D
I make a comic with no image files and you should read it. While there is a lower class, I am in it, and while there is a criminal element I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free. -Eugene Debs
Experienced player (822)
Ha ha wow. That was fun, nice and short (I fully support using a password to get to the last level in this case), and I was entertained for the whole 32 seconds (no ADD here!). I especially liked the face at the top having a constant expression of shock during each board. Yes vote.
Living Well Is The Best Revenge My Personal Page
Tub
about as good as minesweeper is going to get. Some chances for playing around while waiting for tiles to uncover, fast action, not too long to get boring. Yes vote.
m00
Editor, Skilled player (1939)
alden wrote:
Have you ever thought about trying to manipulate a large and densely mined board that can be solved in one "click"?
The story boards cannot be manipulated. Custom boards with all but one square filled with mines are pretty much the same situation as in your submission (no matter how large). For slightly less-dense boards, the situation is unclear. I haven't tried yet.
Player (120)
Yes, I think that on the custom boards it never fills the upper left hand corner. So when there are size-1 mines all the others get filled. Are there any other TAS-able Minesweepers? I found a multi-cart for NES but it takes over 10 seconds just to render a decently sized board (when it didn't crash).
I make a comic with no image files and you should read it. While there is a lower class, I am in it, and while there is a criminal element I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free. -Eugene Debs
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [1185] GB Minesweeper by FractalFusion in 00:32.17
Next I want to see TAS of action52 game called "minds eye"
<small>Big signature cleared by admin; read <A>forum rules</a>.</small> <small>-Me:..and big sig. was just small picure(two row's), It dont even lag my 3660's web browser >_></small>
A bit late but if people want to watch this on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CRmsCItzHk
Banned User
This is awesome
Gone.
Really intense, funny and ended before it had a chance to get dull. Short and sweet - great stuff!
I'm just some random guy. Don't let my words get you riled - I have my opinions but they're only mine.