Post subject: Point Blank
Player (36)
Would it be interesting at all if this game had a TAS? I quite enjoyed playing this game when I was younger and there was a few things I always wondered if it was possible, such as hitting ALL of the targets at the end of the game for all of the fireworks, and just what the largest score was. Would this be entertaining?
A whisper in the wind~~
MezzoDragon
He/Him
That'll be very entertaining. I'd definitely watch it.
I've always been a big fan of this series...but I'm not sure about how a TAS would turn out. It would basically be, screen opens, everything explodes, screen closes. It would be funny at 1st though. For a max score you would have to determine what levels give you the most points and then find a way to manipulate them all into 1 game.
I am just a silhouette, a silhouette of a memory of a solitary night .. nothing more.
Player (36)
Shadow Byrn wrote:
I've always been a big fan of this series...but I'm not sure about how a TAS would turn out. It would basically be, screen opens, everything explodes, screen closes. It would be funny at 1st though. For a max score you would have to determine what levels give you the most points and then find a way to manipulate them all into 1 game.
I was thinking that this game played at "Very Hard" difficulty would provide more entertainment for the viewers that recall the game as they remember just how annoyingly difficult they might have found them. I was also thinking to set it to 1 life per play. As boring as it sounds at first from how you nicely summed it up, I still think I would personally see some personal satisfaction from watching these things being beaten so easily.
A whisper in the wind~~
1 life or max lives wouldn't make a difference if it's played perfectly. Might as well go for max seeing as how your score depends on the number of lives you have left if memory serves me right. I do agree though, on "Very Hard" there were a few scenarios that I just honestly could never seem to get quite right and it would be kinda nice to see them done.
I am just a silhouette, a silhouette of a memory of a solitary night .. nothing more.
Hoe
i'd love to see this movie
MezzoDragon
He/Him
If it is possible, whoever decides to make it, please put WIP on YouTube or something. This is a run I would love to see.
Player (36)
Seeing as there are quite a few people whom would like to see this. if I can get recording to work for this PSX emulator, I will whip out my old PSX disk of Point Blank and ISO it so I can begin work. (Why do this? Virtualized CDs run faster than physical CDs) I might need someone to record the videos for me though I'm not sure I will look at that as the time comes.
A whisper in the wind~~
MezzoDragon
He/Him
When you say virtualized CDs run faster than physical CDs, does that mean there is less lag and look time?
probably on his end, yes. It won't matter for the movie, though ;)
adelikat wrote:
I very much agree with this post.
Bobmario511 wrote:
Forget party hats, Christmas tree hats all the way man.
Player (36)
MezzoDragon wrote:
When you say virtualized CDs run faster than physical CDs, does that mean there is less lag and look time?
This can depend on system power. But yes technically, data load is much faster on a virtualized cd versus a physical cd.
A whisper in the wind~~
MezzoDragon
He/Him
Oh. I did not know that. Thanks for telling me. If this sounds sarcastic, that was not my intention. BOT: I hope someone makes a perfect Point Blank TAS. That will be very cool.
Post subject: Re: Point Blank
Banned User, Former player
DDRKhat wrote:
hitting ALL of the targets at the end of the game for all of the fireworks
It's possible on the arcade version, at least (but very damn hard)
Perma-banned
Player (36)
Here we go folks. As promised. The run is more for those whom would love to see the game utterly and completely dominated.
A whisper in the wind~~
Patashu
He/Him
My Chiptune music, made in Famitracker: http://soundcloud.com/patashu My twitch. I stream mostly shmups & rhythm games http://twitch.tv/patashu My youtube, again shmups and rhythm games and misc stuff: http://youtube.com/user/patashu