Post subject: Location editting: Dragon Warrior 1+2 (GBC)
Banned User
I'm more interested in it for DW2. Before you ask - I've thoroughly checked all the cheat sites I know yeah, nothing. I've been searching (and still am) on Google for such things, but no results so far. I'm looking for a way to edit the Hero's (the one you start with) location to be two tiles down, and one to make him two tiles to the left. (bypassing walls and such) Memory editting is how this will be possible, I assume. (and the way I'd want it to - cheat codes are often buggy) If your wondering why I want this - simple, I want to do a solo run using only the character you start with. The things above are to pass roadblocks that force you to get other characters. Thanks! -DevilSpree
Active player (325)
Interesting, but couldn't you just kill off your partners as soon as you get them, and never revive them?
Banned User
That'd work until the end of the game, where one of the healing spots (the last one) revives everyone in the party. I'd be training there for awhile most likely, and trying to get them killed off that late in the game would get irritating.
Player (208)
Open VBA/game "Cheats" in the emulator context is setting memory addresses. Cheats -> Search for Cheats In Cheat Menu -> Start (Sets original memory address values to reference) Check Box for Search Updates Values (Updates values every time you search.) Walk one step right, search "Not equal to" "Old value", walk one step right, search "Not equal to" "Old value" advance a few frames holding still, search "Equal to" "Old value" After numerous searches like this, you should eventually get narrowed down to 20 values or so, one or more of which reflects your x position. (You also need to find your y position by walking only up and down.) When you find the address you want to set, go to add cheat, set the value you have inferred for the position you want, and enable cheats. (The option is "disable" so uncheck it.) I didn't revise all of this, but it should give you the correct idea of what you need to do.