Post subject: Castlevania: Rondo of Blood 100%
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3596)
For those who don't know we intend to do a 100% version of this game. However, there are some choices. The choices are laid out clearly on the project page under the title "100%" Choice 1 is: 1 -> 2, save Maria, beat boss, reset, take Maria -> 3 -> 4 -> 5 -> 6 -> 7, save the girl -> 8, beat Dracula and reset, 1 -> 2' -> 3', save the girl -> 4', save the girl -> 5' SirVG's speed run demonstrates this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg_HGn-wLo4 The problem is that the input ends at maria arriving at stage 6, no ending credits. Choice 2 fixes that problem by: Do choice one but add a reset, select stage 8, use richtor, and beat dracula a 2nd time. Ricthor must be chosen to get the "good ending" since Maria always has the same ending no matter what. (However, using maria would be faster, if the ending is not a concern. It will would technically be a 100% run. I guess this is choice 2b). While this fixes the problem of no ending credits it creates the problem of redundancy. We have already beat dracula once, so it would just repeat the same content again. Choice 3 is demonstrated by 100%-testrouteC-norafting.mc2 in this repository. It would be this: 1 -> 2, save Maria, beat boss, reset, take Maria -> 3 -> 4 -> 5 , beat boss, reset -> 1 -> 2' -> 3', save the girl -> 4', save the girl, beat boss, reset, use stage select code -> 5' -> 6 -> 7, save the girl, beat boss, reset, take Richter -> 8, beat Dracula This fixes the problems of ending credits and redundancy. However, it makes use of a stage select code which is usually frowned upon. Choice 3 would be faster than choice 2, but not as fast as choice 1. If you made it this far, you are probably realizing that this is a bit of a conundrum with no ideal solution. So I am hoping for feedback from the audience. Please, post your opinion on which route we should take!
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
...why don't you just make a "new game+" file, with no girls rescued, point in the submission for verification purposes and do the rest of the game? Besides that, Id prefer Option b And... is there any other playable character? It would make the run less redundant.
My first language is not English, so please excuse myself if I write something wrong. I'll do my best do write as cleary as I can, so cope with me here =) (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ
Experienced player (954)
Girls are part of the % count, not sure what you meant After further testings, what determine mainly % (this value is shown in game main menu) is the boss you beat at end of stage (theres generaly 2 choices), the girls like i sayd, and for stage5' theres seem to be no rules since theres no boss there, so you just need to beat the stage Theres no other character choice than richter or maria, ending with maria is merly what you can call a joke, theres differences with richter at least when you save everybody and have 100% The difference in a dirty sram run would be you can cut off dialogues, and you can play directly with maria Also, need to mention, so far dirty sram not supported
arukAdo wrote:
Girls are part of the % count, not sure what you meant Also after further testings, what determine mainly % is the boss you beat at end of stage (theres generaly 2 choices), the girls like i sayd, and for stage5' theres seem to be no rules since theres no boss there, so you just need to beat the stage Theres no other character choice than richter or maria, ending with maria is merly what you can call a joke, theres differences with richter at least when you save everybody and have 100% The difference in a dirty sram run would be you can cut off dialogues, and you can play directly with maria Also, need to mention, so far dirty sram not supported
I tought JUST THE GIRLS counted for 100%, not only stage completion. Oh well. Also, I don't really know if you could get them from a single gameplay. Anyway. Please, please, don't finish the game with Maria.
My first language is not English, so please excuse myself if I write something wrong. I'll do my best do write as cleary as I can, so cope with me here =) (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
I tought JUST THE GIRLS counted for 100%, not only stage completion
Percentage calculation for the original game is as follows: # Maiden Saved: 2% # Level Cleared: 4%* # Boss Cleared: 4%* *Exceptions: Stage 0's battle with Death is not a boss fight. Stage 6 only gives you 4%, as well as Stage 8, since there are only bosses and boss rooms, but no level. Funny thing about Choice #3 is that it would work if you were doing the PSP version. Stage 5' is available on the remake after beating Death.
And... is there any other playable character? It would make the run less redundant.
Nope. There's only Richter and Maria. The other ladies are too weak to contribute.
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing