Post subject: Der Langrisser
I was wondering if anyone ever thought of doing a speedrun for this ? its kind of an ogre battle type of game, except IMO, much better. Im pretty sure this could be a good game to speedrun, but it could become hard if u dont level a bit... also at one point of the game you have to choice to be evil or good, and im pretty sure good is easier, because if you go evil you have to fight basicly all of the allies u had, which are damn strong. anyways, if no one wants to , i might try to speed run it.. but thats not probable..
Former player
Is this game in German? If so, is there an English patch?
Active player (410)
A very good game but I think it will take too much time.
Bob Whoops wrote:
It is a japanese strategic game like Shining Force.
Phil wrote:
A very good game but I think it will take too much time.
Bob Whoops wrote:
It is a japanese strategic game like Shining Force.
true its a bit long, i think 18 stages... and bob, yes there's an english patch
well its been a long time since this topic was made and there been RPG runs done so i figure might as well bump it and see if anyone is up to the task.. still wanting to see this =/
Wren
He/Him
This is Warsong right? Damn fine game. I'd also like to see this tos-ed.
<i>A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day.</i>
Well since it seems like the popular thing to do today, I DEMAND THAT SOMEONE TAS'ES THIS! ... ok so it's just a ever hopeful bump but i wanted to flame a certain someone in the locked threads at the same time =(
I like this series a lot so I have full support behind this. Although it is not very much like Ogre Battle and more like Fire Emblem or Shining Force. Also, saying it is "much better" than Ogre Battle is almost like pure flamebait in my mind. =p Actually I am surprised Phil didn't get mad at you. Oh yeah and I think that "certain someone" is banned already.
"I think happiness is just being able to loaf without stress." http://speeddemosarchive.com/
A unofficial english patch has been released over a year and a half ago at http://elsallia.com/Games/DerLangrisserSFAM#Patches. I've played through two different paths completely so far, and everything works well, except very minor bugs here and there like the wrong character's portrait being shown during a conversation in one later scenario at one point. Nothing major. Der Langrisser is one of my favorite games (if only it wasn't so easy though), and this patch has become the reference to this game. There's four different paths you can take (light, empire, evil, independant) which leads to different scenarios and the story changes, as well as the characters you get. This, along with being able to chose two different classes (with different stat growths, movement, spells...) everytime you reach level 10, makes for incredible replay value. If only the game wasn't so easy, though. At first, I think it would be better to make Erwin a Hawk Knight from his answers in the intro question test, due to, well, flying and reaching the enemy really fast. See this link for information on what stats and spells Erwin gains, and class he becomes, depending on your answers in the intro questionary. http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/snes/file/588277/13056 Also, don't forget to turn battle animations off in the game settings, since this is a TAS. Der Langrisser's music is top notch. Oh, and did I mention it's too easy? But still, it would make for a great run, I am sure. I'm looking forward to see someone give it a try. P.S. : Be sure to read the readme. The game bugs on SNES9X. However, there's a fix with ZSNES through changing some sound setting.
I lurk, okay?
Genesis has a native English version, doesn't it? Or is that a significantly different game?
The original version, Langrisser II, is on Genesis. Der Langrisser, on SNES, is a remake with many differences, the key one being the different paths you can take during the game's story. In the original version, you stayed with the heroes of light, which is obviously normal. In the remake, you get a choice to join the empire on scenario 7, then to join the evil side later on, and later on, to go independant and fight all three sides by yourself. All four paths give different scenarios, stories, and give insight and backgrounds on every character. This is the main difference, although there's also updated graphics, music, etc. The game was also made easier in this version. Also, Jessica is never a playable character on Der Langrisser, whereas she was in Langrisser 2. This (Der Langrisser on SNES) is the most popular version of the game. (I think) All games of the Langrisser series have been remade on at least one more console. For example, Langrisser IV and V were both originally on the Saturn, but they were also remade for the PSX - I played the PSX version of these two. Too bad the series just never was translated to english originally.
I lurk, okay?
I don't think it needs to be said but almost 5 years later I still want to see this (and Dragon View) done :) I hope new posters in the topic will show potential runners that there IS interest in this game! Also, thank you PSI Slime for posting that patch; I had trouble finding it.
PSI Slime wrote:
Too bad the series just never was translated to english originally.
First was.
eternaljwh wrote:
PSI Slime wrote:
Too bad the series just never was translated to english originally.
First was.
Yes, my bad. No game after the first of the series was, however, which is a shame.
I lurk, okay?