Post subject: A few questions about desyncing
I'd been making a perfection/speed video for the game "Lethal Enforcers", using the Gens Movie Test9. I'd made it to the boss that'd shoot the rockets from the chemical truck, and had killed him very quickly, since I'd, obviously, slowed down the speed of the game...and using save states, obviously. I had then gone on to watch the video, up to that point, and it had desync'd while I was shooting him, so, I'll need to start from my last save state, which was not too far behind the desyncing...no problem. My stupid questions (which I don't know that answer to, at all, and the rest of you seem to) are: why does desyncing even happen? It's happened to me with other videos, as well everyone else's, and it's a pain in the butt to do a scene over again. I'd always wanted to think of it like recording on a video camera. Nothing desyncs, as if it'd skipped. Is it just because it records (as what it says) your keyboard strokes, and the game had done something at random, so that the enemy had moved his position? Is it something that I'd done wrong? Sometimes, I pause the recording video to grab something to eat, then I unpause it, and resume my recording. Another question of mine is: What do "Vsync" and "Perfect Synchro (SLOW)" do on Gens Movie Test9? I haven't noticed their capabilities.
Active player (278)
Well, sometimes all the skipping around caused by changing speeds and rerecording can trigger an error that causes a frame to be lost or gained somewhere. That's all I can figure out.
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
All right. That answers my first question, but if there's more to it than that, feel free to answer. As for my second, which I had said, I hope that there's an answer for it. I'd said, "What do 'Vsync' and 'Perfect Synchro (SLOW)' do on Gens Movie Test9? I haven't noticed their capabilities." So, has anyone noticed their capabilities?