The currently published movie is 9:13 (terrible).
The movie that I made and then cancelled is 8:21, and
so this movie is 29 seconds faster than the previous one.
Aside from improving some rooms by a few frames, all of the differences in this version are a consequence of ringing the doorbell in order to lure Ed out of his room, instead of sneaking someone in after another kid is captured. I used only 2 of the kids this time.
For the Purple Tentacle glitch to work, I still needed to wait for Ed to get back to his room before he'd respond to the doorbell again. This time while I was waiting, however, I did a little more to show why I was waiting. I wish that I could find a way to avoid this wait (still thinking about the possibilities).
Info copied from previous submission
applies (new things in bold):
- Glitch: switched kids while in the kitchen so that Edna would disappear.
- Trick: had one kid push the gargoyle so another kid could get the silver key.
- Glitch: went downstairs after giving the can of Pepsi to the green tentacle so that the wax fruit wouldn't be needed.
- Trick: only used the Hunk-o-matic machine once instead of twice.
- Trick: lured Ed out of his room with the doorbell instead of being captured.
- Trick: minimized the time that the pool was drained so that a cutscene with purple tentacle was avoided.
- Glitch: cut off Ed's speech on the stairs by using a command (get gargoyle).
- Trick: used the 0000 code to open the inner door to the lab.
- Glitch: used Ed's response to the doorbell to freeze purple tentacle. In case you are unfamiliar with the glitch, here's a brief outline. First enter a room containing someone unfriendly. Either switch kids or have a cutscene occur before being captured. After switching back to the first kid, the unfriendly person/tentacle will be frozen. (An exception is the green tentacle at the stairs.) The 'New Kid' command is disabled in the lab entry precisely because of this glitch, but the programmers seemingly forgot that cutscenes also make the glitch work.
- Glitch: didn't get the radiation suit (causes graphic oddities).
- Glitch: Meteor's projectile visually touched Dave this time, but he was saved by the cutscene.