1 2
8 9
I am playing through this game once again... I know that double(quadriple) jump bug that can be used to skip first boss (whole map in fact), but later on I still have to get pushing skill that lays behind that thing or else I can't get toad morph... Also there's reward glitch that can be used to make quick money and raise some stats, But it's of no use in terms of making path shorter... Is there a real sequence break possibility in PoR?.. I could not find topic on this game, if there is one - delete this thread and give me link in IRC please :)
Former player
The only real "sequence breaking" bit I knew was the double-jumping, and I couldn't even get that to work.
Do Not Talk About Feitclub http://www.feitclub.com
Post subject: Re: Castlevania: Portrain of Ruin, any sequence breaks?
Skilled player (1149)
zefiris wrote:
Is there a real sequence break possibility in PoR?
Yes, a lot. At least I can glitch into Dracula's room like this. I have a dream that we can TAS NDS game some day in future.
Post subject: Re: Castlevania: Portrain of Ruin, any sequence breaks?
Fascinating. How does that work?
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.
Skilled player (1149)
If the character is in room A, go right to room B, suspend the game when the most part of the character's body into room B and the screen still in room A, then return to game, if you success, the character is out of castle, the point in the map is flying from down to up (like using succubus glitch in Dawn of Sorrow). Suspend the game again when the point is in the castle and it fly over the map 4,8,12,16... times, you can go back into the castle.
Active player (308)
hmm... and they say it was discovered by some Joel Ylilelaoeloma... Now, it's just like here.
"Genuine self-esteem, however, consists not of causeless feelings, but of certain knowledge about yourself. It rests on the conviction that you — by your choices, effort and actions — have made yourself into the kind of person able to deal with reality. It is the conviction — based on the evidence of your own volitional functioning — that you are fundamentally able to succeed in life and, therefore, are deserving of that success." - Onkar Ghate
Bisqwit wrote:
Drama, too long, didn't read, lol.
Editor, Emulator Coder, Expert player (2104)
I thought I was the first one to discover this glitch in February, 2007. I occasionally made it and I took a photo with my cell phone. This glitch lead me to an impossible challenge - defeat Dracula at Level 1! I failed to make it, though. EDIT: I also discovered a glitch to get the gear but skip Legion by just using the teleport item. It's very easy to figure out how.
<klmz> it reminds me of that people used to keep quoting adelikat's IRC statements in the old good days <adelikat> no doubt <adelikat> klmz, they still do
Former player
That's pretty incredible! Of course, you'd need to gain some serious levels anyway to beat Super Dracula and his full-screen spiked wing attack.
Do Not Talk About Feitclub http://www.feitclub.com
Experienced player (954)
Ok im starting to TAS this one With SG should be done under 15min whatsoever is the fastest way between: -Go directly to dracula and fight him for VERY long with pathetic damages -Get the holy claymore from quests glitch and trough a lot of SG, then SG to dracula and beat him quite fast The second option in real time was cleared in about 16min I doubt somebody realy beated dracula with a lvl1 jonathan, at least at a rapid rate, so its very unclear if it would take less than 15min that way, and that what im gonna try first :p
Player (59)
Good luck arukAdo. I only had this game since Dec 2008 so my speed running experience isn't high on this but I do remember about the Suspend glitch, the Quest glitch sounds interesting to me and I like to see how Final/True Dracula gets defeated with an insanely low level.
greenalink.blogspot.com
Experienced player (954)
The maths should be enought to convince me its not possible, but still, im gonna try lvl1 jonathan vs dracula, it sound fun anyway :p I tryed to play around a bit and i dont have any trouble to reach the end without anything (relics or whatsoever) Now if i remember well you deal between 1-5 damage and dracula is like 9999 or something near that, so its going to take long time
Editor, Experienced player (730)
You can do a rough calculation before you even begin. Since you know how much damage you do, and how much HP he has, find out how fast you can damage dracula per attack, then calculate how long it would take.
Homepage ☣ Retired
Experienced player (954)
Actually im up there already and i do pathetic 1damage :p They have a total combined of 16666 HP (drac+death+truedrac) Hum, also they have a freak load of attack patterns, i have charlotte who can deal some damage too eventualy, its hard to make a basic maths out of it Edit: needless to say any hit kill you :p
So if you can make four attacks per second, say (which seems generous, but might be possible with teamwork), then it'd take 4167 seconds, or over an hour, to kill them. Yeah, I'd suggest powering up a bit first. :)
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.
arukAdo wrote:
Ok im starting to TAS this one
But... I have had started this one with ljffdb2... Any solution? ;)
arukAdo wrote:
With SG should be done under 15min whatsoever is the fastest way between: -Go directly to dracula and fight him for VERY long with pathetic damages -Get the holy claymore from quests glitch and trough a lot of SG, then SG to dracula and beat him quite fast The second option in real time was cleared in about 16min
Were you abusing the Overcome the Curse quest to sell infinite Blessed Rings? That seems to be the earliest (after beating Astarte) abusable quest for money. But... that doesn't seem to be under 16min in real time. Did you abuse the "copied state" glitch for that? EDIT:
arukAdo wrote:
I tryed to play around a bit and i dont have any trouble to reach the end without anything (relics or whatsoever)
You meant that you could reach Dracula without any relics? How could you get into the castle without at least Call Cube?
<klmz> it reminds me of that people used to keep quoting adelikat's IRC statements in the old good days <adelikat> no doubt <adelikat> klmz, they still do
Experienced player (954)
You need call cube yeah, also you need change cube (or whatever it is) to do the glitch partner jump (to get up to first boss) You can kill death first, so its *only* 10000HP to beat, that still like over 40min using a basic calculation On persona forum (...all details can be found here...), apparently serris was able to obtain final sword (hum maybe wrong name here) from final guard and saved with little as 5:xx Now of course it still sux and apparently wouldnt be enought, but, that mean claymore might not be the "only" way here Now that been sayd, i think its still worthy to make a holy claymore run, and im quite enought selfish to try making a run myself and fast, i actually would be proud to get obsolete by kmlz :p (Witch will surely happen considering my tasing level) Yesterday night i reached first boss, alltought, for some reasons its here i realized i could use backdash to boost a little my movements, so im kinda needing to restart
Can't wait for whatever runs you choose to do. Also, humble suggestion: OoE Albus NG+ would make for an awesome TAS. It's pretty much impossible to optimize in real-time unless you have three hands. Personal best so far is about 22 minutes.
Experienced player (954)
Should be made pretty quick :p Nice to see your around Serris, i will have some constructive feedback i guess hehe Yesterday night i choosed the path to stick with, alltought, hum, i think it would be better if i keep it secret until release (kmlz: pm or irc if you want details lol) Few difference with your (well done i have to say) NG SG claymore, but same idea overall The backdash is now much more optimized, basicly im after first SG, so the real work begin :p Edit: I did asked to pirate_sephiroth to make Albus Hard Mode Lvl1 (that the kind of silly thing he like to do :p ) and i did got a meh, alltough, i have to admit i didnt asked in a humble or kind way, maybe theres some hope, im also pretty much curious to see such a run
I guess you two should have posted those OoE things on the right thread ;) However, I've got problems with IRC usage :( So I'll PM arukAdo instead :p
arukAdo wrote:
Edit: I did asked to pirate_sephiroth to make Albus Hard Mode Lvl1 (that the kind of silly thing he like to do :p ) and i did got a meh, alltough, i have to admit i didnt asked in a humble or kind way, maybe theres some hope, im also pretty much curious to see such a run
The problem with Albus Lvl1 is that it ends up being really boring. His attacks do barely anything against the later bosses, because he has no equipment to stay on a reasonable damage level. Shanoa Hard Lvl1 works because her equipment keeps improving, and while you'll still be dealing lame damage on most of her attacks, you can still keep about the same damage level as a normal game on a single attack type(physical or magical) if you prepare correctly.
Experienced player (954)
Oki here whe go, first test run Went pretty cool like i did planned Theres few optimizations to do, but overall its well done i think Edit: For those unhappy about the sound fx not here (the soundtrack is from por...), i just have to say, you wont have to wait long, and you gonna hate it Basicly, every 15 frames you will hear "charlotto!!!" or "jonathan!!!" witch is VERY boring (for me it became very boring at least) Its even worse vs dracula (every 6 frames!)
that was really impressive. all the partner switch cancelling involved was visually stunning. there's only a couple things i can point out. you don't have to talk to Wind to initiate the first quest. you can just buy the map, then talk to Wind on the way out. also, on the Death and Dracula fight, you should try to manipulate it so you hit both of them at the same time more often.
Experienced player (954)
Satoryu wrote:
you don't have to talk to Wind to initiate the first quest. you can just buy the map, then talk to Wind on the way out. also, on the Death and Dracula fight, you should try to manipulate it so you hit both of them at the same time more often.
Im impressed myself you spoted Eric error on first passage, that was nasty to detect such one (it was planned in improvements ;) ) I dont hit dracula at all, or avoid it, he got 6666HP and death only have 4444HP, also i deal him less damage than death True dracula then get 6666HP So its basicly useless to try to hit him (i believe)
Player (59)
Looks pretty cool. It's nice to see a suspended glitch route in good quality (not dissing any camera filmers) and how the Knive throwing cancel becomes deadly abusive in a TAS. I will need to look up on the Castlevania speed running site to see how Quest glitch is caused.(if it's still up).
Basicly, every 15 frames you will hear "charlotto!!!" or "jonathan!!!" witch is VERY boring (for me it became very boring at least) Its even worse vs dracula (every 6 frames!)
Woah for the Dracula fight that's nearly 10 voice samples triggered per second 0_0. Better or worse than Julius spaming his dive kick?
greenalink.blogspot.com
Experienced player (954)
GreenaLink wrote:
Better or worse than Julius spaming his dive kick?
Olay sound great compared to that mess! (no jk here) Worst part overall (sound wise...) : The Shoping with Wind voice spamming over and over (i used japanesse code lol) Quest glitch: very simple, complete a quest, its now green in list, talk, it will say you will receive reward, next screen is saying "you received xxxx as reward", at this point, if you push B or A game proceed normaly, press start and 1.you keept reward 2.quest still cleared and active Profit! Edit: Ah, i dont have knives, i use darts ;)
1 2
8 9