Submission Text Full Submission Page

mendel palace

time : 31:52:62min

game objective:

• emulator used: fceux-2.1.4a
  • rom used: mendel_palace.nes
  • aims for fastest possible time in 1player mode

about the game:

in this game theres 8different stage in every of them you have 10round of fighting one kind of monster you need to kill them all soo you can get to mendel palace and save the princess.

stage 1: moko-moko

the first stage ennemis are the white and green dummies then don't do anything to attack u juste push them in walls. after the first 5round the moko-moko get smaller and faster but when they get push they back alot more.

stage 2: sumo

the second stage ennemis are the fat sumo you need to push them alot more to kill then but they are slower. i use a tactic on one stage so one of the sumo kill anoter one will i go kill the others

stage 3: ballarina

nothing special about those stage the ballarina juste dance in circle around the stage

stage 4: the swimmer

those one swim side to side alot of stage with sun tale pretty easy level

stage 5: mira

the mira copy the move you make those are probably the hardest do deal with. when you move they move and when u attack they attack

stage 6: dragon

they jump realy high in the air when u get close to them hard to kill but with a sun tale easy kill

stage 7: vinci

the vinci draw tale and when they finish drawing you cant attack them on this tale. i use a strategie to kill them went all the tale are undrawable they dead

stage 8: tako

they move by doing small jump they are pretty dumb alot of time they jump where you want them to jump.

stage 9: mendel palace

every stage have one of the 8other ennemis in round 10 you move to a sky castle and at the end you fight mendel and kiss the princess

DarkKobold Stop deleting this, benbenrx8, it is here for a reason. I will be judging this.
DarkKobold: I'm rejecting this, as explained here

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2897: benbenrx8's NES Mendel Palace "100%" in 31:56.26
GabCM
He/Him
More information would be nice, and I had to correct the title.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
I tried this game out once, and it was actually fairly hard, and I didn't even make it to most of these later levels. I certainly didn't know you could get as many sun tiles as you could. Some of the later stages are more impressive given how challenging they are. However, I think this run could be significantly better. First of all, this really should be a 2-player run. (It's harder to make a 2-player run, certainly, but it should be a lot quicker and more entertaining.) Second, the game is quite repetitive. Third, it seems fairly well-played, but it doesn't feel precise; it seems like you often move a half-tile too much to try getting rid of enemies, or you wait too long before hitting a sun tile. (You did use a low number of rerecords.) All in all, I'm going to have to go with a No vote. Good try, but given how repetitive the game is, it really needs to be played with 2 players to have a chance at being entertaining enough. Oh, and the movie file is much longer than it needs to be. Since you don't hit any buttons during the credits, the input file should just be stopped when you beat the final boss. That would make the movie something like 2 minutes shorter.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
alright i will try doing it 2player and for the some tile some of them i have to wait like 1or2second to kill all the ennemis but ill try redoing it 2player thx for the advice
Personman
Other
I'm not done yet, but this is actually quite entertaining so far! A large part of it for me is the 'trying to figure out wtf is going on in this game' aspect, so if you've played this a lot before it might be more boring. I have no idea why suns exist. Do they ever not just win when you step on them? Two player would be cool to see, and I guess not be so different that we'd really want both? I dunno. The completist in me says we should have both, but maybe it's not worth it.
A warb degombs the brangy. Your gitch zanks and leils the warb.
Patashu
He/Him
483 rerecords is very low for a movie of this length. Either the game is incredibly trivial to play or you're not trying as many possibilities out to see what's fastest as you could be.
My Chiptune music, made in Famitracker: http://soundcloud.com/patashu My twitch. I stream mostly shmups & rhythm games http://twitch.tv/patashu My youtube, again shmups and rhythm games and misc stuff: http://youtube.com/user/patashu
This game looks like it was played in real time. Also, you died in one of the later stages? I can see how you didn't lose any progress in so doing, but isn't there a way to avoid the death process? Voting no.
Twisted_Eye
He/Him
Active player (332)
Did you check if there was a thread on this game? There was: a zero-reply thread I made a year and a half ago: http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8119&highlight= I posted a WIP of the first few levels in 2-player mode. I got no responses, and my interest soon waned. It's a fantastic game, though, one of the few I still play over and over, and it deserves a good two player run. http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/1908071748/Mendel%20Palace.fm2 A direct link to my old WIP for comparison. Your run is a good start, but this isn't publishable.
i just wanna to do this game cause i like it and its alot of fun playing it probably i could have try to not die in the later stage but i was faster to die and just finish it after but in 2player mode i would had have the time to flip all tile without dying and for the rerecording well i know alot about this game and some stage were pretty fast the first time i did it and just running to get the sun tile they was not alot of ways to get there but i do agree i could save probably 10min if it was 2player mode but it would have been alot more boring because it would only be go get the sun tile or kill your side ill kill mine
Skilled player (1307)
http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/1212233732/Mendel_palace-1.fm2 I removed some useless blank frames from this TAS. Im sorry, but this run is too suboptimal. Twisted Eye's WIP above was 1002 frames ahead of you by the end of 2-1. I do realize that he chose a different stage, but its still faster and is very glaring to look at. No Vote. This is indeed a good game chose but I think a run needs to be 2-players for it to be published.
Skilled player (1637)
I beat this run by 300 frames in just the first two levels, playing as 1 player. http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/1762283936/Mendel%20Palace%20%28U%29-0.fm2 While not a bad game choice, this run is clearly suboptimal, from very little work. This is why I'm rejecting this run. Additionally, this run would be much better as two players, as has been stated numerous times. I personally think it would make an interesting run, especially in the later levels.
Sage advice from a friend of Jim: So put your tinfoil hat back in the closet, open your eyes to the truth, and realize that the government is in fact causing austismal cancer with it's 9/11 fluoride vaccinations of your water supply.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... crunchy!
if u beat mine by 300frame just do one then
Banned User, Former player
benbenrx8 wrote:
Was that an argument that unless someone makes a better version, yours should be published? Just because someone else is not doing a better version is not a good-enough reason to accept a submission with known deficiencies.
any chance for an encode? i love this game and am curious how a TAS would look.
__--N0ISE
Warp wrote:
benbenrx8 wrote:
Was that an argument that unless someone makes a better version, yours should be published? Just because someone else is not doing a better version is not a good-enough reason to accept a submission with known deficiencies.
You read too far into that, Warp. He is simply angry that his didn't get published, so he is telling DK to do it. He didn't say that his should be published until a better one is created.
adelikat wrote:
I very much agree with this post.
Bobmario511 wrote:
Forget party hats, Christmas tree hats all the way man.
Skilled player (1637)
benbenrx8 wrote:
... Ok. On it.
Sage advice from a friend of Jim: So put your tinfoil hat back in the closet, open your eyes to the truth, and realize that the government is in fact causing austismal cancer with it's 9/11 fluoride vaccinations of your water supply.