Post subject: Addams Family
Hello everyone i was wandering? is there anyone who has ever thought about making a time attack to Addams Family ? *IMO* is that game awesome and funny, sometimes annoying but still awesome, and ive discovered some tricks to speed the whole gaming up a little, and i have rescently completed the game, and i discoverad a "squish bug* to walk trough walls, but it doesnt do you anygood but still, and the game is filled, with tricky posistions, and stuff, i would very much enjoy to c a time attack on this game? so any plans on this ?
Post subject: Re: Addams Family
Please divulge this information.
Post subject: Adam's Family
I'm thinking about making my own tool assisted replay for Adams family on the SNES. i am aware this has already been done :) before i start i will need to know how you JUMP THROUGH THE WALL where alfred the butler is playing the piano, can someone tell me how to do this? cheers
SXL
I don't know how, but you can simply view the movie frame by frame while displaying the input, to observe causes and consequences.
I never sleep, 'cause sleep is the cousin of death - NAS
Post subject: Re: zip trick (jumping through walls)
Skilled player (1402)
shozen1 wrote:
im thinking about making my own tool assisted replay for Adams family on the SNES. i am aware this has already been done :) before i start i will need to know how you JUMP THROUGH THE WALL where alfred the butler is playing the piano, can someone tell me how to do this? cheers
This topic doesn't belong in the General section, but at the SNES games section (in which case it would be good to mention the title of the game in the topic). I don't have an answer to your question... but I know for a fact that checking the input movie frame by frame, and figuring out on the basis of that how it works will give you insights that no answer by someone else could give you.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3596)
Moved topic to SNES forums and put the title of the game as the topic. And as far as figuring out the trick, input display is your friend.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Post subject: New Final Boss Strat
Editor, Active player (429)
Here is a ridiculous new strat for The Nasty Judge Link to video This enables input to be ended about 3 seconds earlier, but delays the game ending for 15-20 seconds.
Post subject: Kyman ft. WIP - Addams Family
Editor, Active player (429)
I found a few time savers and I will now be doing this run, I will edit this post later today with a WIP. I should be finished by the end of the week. Sorry for the double post but I thought this was worth another post. Much love, Kyman xoxo EDIT: As I promised, here it is: http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/698478234/Addams%20Family%2C%20The%20TAS.smv I am 50 frames ahead entering the music room, but I can't seem to replicate what is done in the current TAS, so I'm kinda stuck(ish). If anyone can help me with that it would be great. In case you are wondering, I saved 2 frames from speed optimization, and the other 48 are from choosing the closer weapon. In the final boss fight, this will cost be about 10 or so frames, but obviously it is worth it if I am saving 48 now. Also, let's not talk about how it took me 3 hours to realize that the reason I was 4 frames behind was because I didn't hold down for one frame in a door transition. -_- Enjoy though. EDIT2: I have solved my little predicament, and I ended up saving another 3 frames (technically 4 but I lost a frame due to unavoidable acceleration differences since I got the other weapon). That means I am 53 frames ahead going into the chain room.
Challenger
He/Him
Skilled player (1638)
Hey Kyman, are you still have the new strat for The Nasty Judge? Unfortunately the youtube link is dead. Also, I found a 2-frame improvement (sword weapon) of this boss without this strat.
My homepage --Currently not much motived for TASing as before...-- But I'm still working.
Post subject: The Addams Family
EZGames69
He/They
Publisher, Reviewer, Expert player (3968)
Pretty good game with some catchy music. And the any% TAS is pretty entertaining as well: https://youtu.be/Zoeuia2c4Kg There's another category for this game called "all bosses" that was recently played at agdq 2018: https://youtu.be/qsbL5pQxLqg Currently trying to TAS that category to show off more of the game. I've made a quick WIP video here: https://youtu.be/sCS9TYySYEc. Judging by how this level alone looks, it's going to make for a pretty entertaining movie.
[14:15] <feos> WinDOES what DOSn't 12:33:44 PM <Mothrayas> "I got an oof with my game!" Mothrayas Today at 12:22: <Colin> thank you for supporting noble causes such as my feet MemoryTAS Today at 11:55 AM: you wouldn't know beauty if it slapped you in the face with a giant fish [Today at 4:51 PM] Mothrayas: although if you like your own tweets that's the online equivalent of sniffing your own farts and probably tells a lot about you as a person MemoryTAS Today at 7:01 PM: But I exert big staff energy honestly lol Samsara Today at 1:20 PM: wouldn't ACE in a real life TAS just stand for Actually Cease Existing
Challenger
He/Him
Skilled player (1638)
A topic of this game also exists: http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2929 Also, do you have some ram addresses?
My homepage --Currently not much motived for TASing as before...-- But I'm still working.
EZGames69
He/They
Challenger wrote:
Also, do you have some ram addresses?
yes, they're all listed here: http://tasvideos.org/GameResources/SNES/AddamsFamily.html
[14:15] <feos> WinDOES what DOSn't 12:33:44 PM <Mothrayas> "I got an oof with my game!" Mothrayas Today at 12:22: <Colin> thank you for supporting noble causes such as my feet MemoryTAS Today at 11:55 AM: you wouldn't know beauty if it slapped you in the face with a giant fish [Today at 4:51 PM] Mothrayas: although if you like your own tweets that's the online equivalent of sniffing your own farts and probably tells a lot about you as a person MemoryTAS Today at 7:01 PM: But I exert big staff energy honestly lol Samsara Today at 1:20 PM: wouldn't ACE in a real life TAS just stand for Actually Cease Existing
EZGames69
He/They
Link to video. Optimized the first level, gomez now goes full speed for longer in many section, and I found ways of using the zip glitch to get around obstacles.
Challenger
He/Him
Skilled player (1638)
Nice WIP! I also found these zips before (except the last zip). I updated the game resources to include more addresses from BizHawk. So, I'm interessed to check this WIP. Also, on The Crypt location (also that first room), I managed to get that exit door (normally acessible after that boss) through zipping, but because of these blocks (on the boss room), I wasn't able to zip in order to reach that boss.
EZGames69
He/They
Link to video 3 bosses have now been defeated.
Post subject: Furnace hot hot
EZGames69
He/They
Took a bit of a break but I finally got back into this game. this is all of today's progress: Link to video
Challenger
He/Him
Skilled player (1638)
Well, some weeks has passed since the cancelation of the submission...I'm currently improving this game: http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/490901624/addamsfamily-allbosses-improvementv5-currentprogress.bk2 Desyncs on "The Ante-Room" of The Crypt stage, because I haven't finished yet. When I was oob on the underground, I stumbled on a completely new way to acess the next room (by adding/removing some movement buttons). I have no idea how technically works, and I also managed this on the eight room of the crypt. With these finds + some new wallzips + better speed optimization = 58 seconds saved in the progress until now!!!
EZGames69
He/They
I forgot to ask this before, but would you like me to make a video on how I can tell where I am during the zips?
Challenger
He/Him
Skilled player (1638)
EZGames69 wrote:
I forgot to ask this before, but would you like me to make a video on how I can tell where I am during the zips?
Would be useful, although I destroyed that oob zip of the underground :p Also that oob furnace zip is a bit hard to follow - luckily I managed to reach the next room. EDIT: I forgot completely to say that I can't easily understand english without a text.
Challenger
He/Him
Skilled player (1638)
By implementing most of the strategies from "all bosses" run, and changing to ball weapon (from Kyman's unfinished run - located above) I made a full any% WIP of this game: http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/842832001/AddamsFamily-SNES-any%run-step2.bk2 Comparing the resynched any% run to BizHawk, I'm 337 frames faster, although not final version yet. Certain strategies failed to work with the ball weapon (It sucks), as well as the "spawn door" on the first chain room. I used a new strat to the last boss + the ball weapon, delivering damage on a unusual y position. I don't know if the damage can be improved or not (also considering the long "recharge"). Also, turning around for 1 frame + attacking = nothing were lost, actually. Well, I still need to test more things, but I'm slowly working this time.
Challenger
He/Him
Skilled player (1638)
Through this map guide (see dungeon), I found a hidden room on the first cave room which includes the ball weapon! Here's the movie file: http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/284867872/AddamsFamily-SNES-any%run-step2-firstdraft.bk2 However, a few rooms suffered with desync, again. Despite this, this is a first/second draft and 92 frames were saved. I decided to put this run on hold due to some problems to solve (also, skipping the weapons can be faster, but some rooms are difficult and loses to a longer wait on the boss - no weapons, it's better using the new strat), but I'll return after my break.
Post subject: Addams Family (SNES) All Secret Rooms
XTREMAL93
He/Him
Active player (388)