1 2
7 8 9 27 28
Editor, Skilled player (1939)
Thank you very much for your help, ppp. Sorry that no one responded earlier.
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
If a movie appears on a page twice, that makes the "Watch now" stuff appear on the first one. Don't get me? Here's a picture
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
Banned User, Former player
NitroGenesis wrote:
If a movie appears on a page twice, that makes the "Watch now" stuff appear on the first one.
I reported this back in 2011-01-16, but for some reason nobody took notice.
Editor, Player (44)
There's something bizarrely wrong with the titles (the HTML titles, normally shown in browser address bars) of the pages such as http://tasvideos.org/movies.cgi?id=1234,1235,1236 where multiple movies are specified in the same URL. Spaces seem to be inserted in the wrong locations in the title, making the numbers hard to read.
Post subject: profile submission bug
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4139)
Minor profile bug: Submissions listed as "judging underway" are not counted in the submission section in an user's profile. For example, in my profile, it currently states I have submitted 6 movies when I have actually submitted 7. It also displays 0 waiting submissions, even though I have one submission waiting for judgement in the workbench.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Editor, Expert player (2460)
I noticed a little problem with how the player points are calculated: When somebody obsoletes his own run, his player points will drop, because the new movie is not rated immediately. Scrimpeh's player points just dropped from 203.89 to 121.13, when his new MSX Castlevania run got published: [1797] MSX Vampire Killer by scrimpeh in 17:02.65.
ventuz
He/Him
Player (123)
I can't access frontpage. Nevermind, it's working now.
tasvideos.org wrote:
☆DS Brain Age (USA) in 06:33.66 by 元 (Ryuto). SQL select t.filetype, t.filetypeclass, t.description, f.filesize, f.filename, f.filetime, f.length, f.description filedesc, f.id, m.id as movieid from movie m left join(movie_file f,filetype t) on f.typech=t.filetype and m.id=f.movieid and f.id>0 Order By CASE WHEN t.filetypeclass = 'M' THEN 1 WHEN t.filetypeclass = 'I' THEN 2 WHEN t.filetypeclass = 'T' THEN 3 WHEN t.filetypeclass = 'U' THEN 4 WHEN t.filetypeclass = 'O' THEN 5 WHEN t.filetypeclass = 'S' THEN 6 Else 7 End failed: " Incorrect key file for table '/tmp/#sql_3d4_0.MYI'; try to repair it " error_handler: errstr=Trying to get property of non-object errfile=/home/tasvideos/public_html/inc/moviefun.php errline=466 error_handler: errstr=Trying to get property of non-object errfile=/home/tasvideos/public_html/inc/moviefun.php errline=468 Fatal error: Call to a member function movenext() on a non-object in /home/tasvideos/public_html/inc/moviefun.php on line 466
Banned User, Former player
mmbossman wrote:
The description of recommended movies on the front page appear to have been broken by the addition of streaming video icons (whatever you call the pictures for archive.org, youtube, etc).
Thanks for fixing this, whoever is responsible.
Experienced player (822)
Warp wrote:
mmbossman wrote:
The description of recommended movies on the front page appear to have been broken by the addition of streaming video icons (whatever you call the pictures for archive.org, youtube, etc).
Thanks for fixing this, whoever is responsible.
Agreed! I know it was considered a 'feature' to not have a description, but it's a very welcome addition/return.
Living Well Is The Best Revenge My Personal Page
Editor, Skilled player (1172)
{insert thrice-stacked quoting here} Indeed. The descriptions are back. It's been a while since the disappearance, but seeing the descriptions in place again has certainly put me in a better mood.
Post subject: Wrong link
With reference to this post which references the "Site Rules" page, it should be noted that the "Forum Rules" link at the top of the forum (right below the private messages thing) links to the now nonexistant "Forum Rules" page and it should be changed to link to the newly updated "Site Rules" page.
Editor, Player (67)
Just in the last hour or so, I've sporadically received the message "To view submissions, you must be logged in." when trying to access a submission page (examples: 32S, 2848S, 3224S). Sometimes I can see the submission without any problems, though. This has been happening in IE 8, Firefox 3.6.2, and Opera 10.53.
Current Projects: TAS: Wizards & Warriors III.
sgrunt
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Former player
The sporadic "must be logged in" messages should be going away as caches update; I've addressed the root cause of the problem. They should be gone for good as of the next site code update (hopefully in the next few hours).
Post subject: Front Page error?
Editor, Emulator Coder, Expert player (2105)
Front Page?t=1313213672708 This page does not yet exist.
<klmz> it reminds me of that people used to keep quoting adelikat's IRC statements in the old good days <adelikat> no doubt <adelikat> klmz, they still do
This is appearing on LogIn.html whether or not I'm logged in: <<undefined function "CanReplaceSubmissions" in "CanReplaceSubmissions">>
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
My BTDD run has rating 8.0 but isn't listed on http://tasvideos.org/Movies-Popular.html.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
feos wrote:
My BTDD run has rating 8.0 but isn't listed on http://tasvideos.org/Movies-Popular.html.
Seems that it also allows movies with "Too few votes to display" to be on the list...
<adelikat> I am annoyed at my irc statements ending up in forums & sigs
Emulator Coder
Location: In his lab studying psychology to find new ways to torture TASers and forumers
Raiscan wrote:
feos wrote:
Seems that it also allows movies with "Too few votes to display" to be on the list...
I'm not really sure that's a bug. While the site won't display it, it will still rank it. If you actually want to know what the site rates it, you can also check the RSS feed for the movie, it'll display its rating even when the site won't.
Warning: Opinions expressed by Nach or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of Nach himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
Nach wrote:
I'm not really sure that's a bug.
It depends. Do you want runs displayed there that have vote from 'that guy' that gave it 10? Doesn't exactly sound great for a page titled "Movies-Popular" if one guy says it's awesome :)
<adelikat> I am annoyed at my irc statements ending up in forums & sigs
Solution: get more people to rate those movies. Don't agree with a movie's placement on the top 10? You can fix it!
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.
Player (36)
Better solution, use the lower bound of the Wilson Confidence Interval.
Build a man a fire, warm him for a day, Set a man on fire, warm him for the rest of his life.
Skilled player (1706)
Emulator Coder
Location: In his lab studying psychology to find new ways to torture TASers and forumers
jlun2 wrote:
Is this supposed to happen?
No, but it does happen if PHP is overburdened.
Warning: Opinions expressed by Nach or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of Nach himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
http://tasvideos.org/Movies-RatingY.html Publications from Dracula X to Harmony of Dissonance are missing on http://tasvideos.org/Movies-Popular.html despite of having 8.0 rating. Looks like the actual line to go there is a bit higher than 8.0. Explain please.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Emulator Coder, Skilled player (1141)
feos wrote:
Publications from Dracula X to Harmony of Dissonance are missing on http://tasvideos.org/Movies-Popular.html despite of having 8.0 rating. Looks like the actual line to go there is a bit higher than 8.0.
Most likely rounding: To appear to be 8.0 needs only 7.95 average rating To appear in popular movies (presumably) needs at least 8.0 sharp.
1 2
7 8 9 27 28