Submission Text Full Submission Page
First attempt at TASing Tintin in Tibet. This game is the most difficult game which I own for my SNES. Every little moving object on the screen is able to kill you and the game does not forgive the smallest mistake. While playing on the console you want to prevent every tiny energy loss but for this run I sporadically let Tintin get beaten up for example by some hotel employees. There are some points in this run which can be played a little bit better and faster, but for a first run I was able to beat my console record by over 10 minutes. I never imagined that a sub 25 minutes run would even be possible. In level 7 I made no mistake when I jumped into the scrub: the game has a bug at this point which lets you hit the bush even though you press down to get through it -.- I jumped there to prevent the "Tintin getting stuck" animation on this. In level 12 the wind direction is random, so I have to wait for tailwind to get across.

Game objectives

• Emulator used: snes9x-1.52-rr-r185 with standard options
  • Fastest completion on medium skill from reset to the last user input before the credits roll
  • Takes damage to save time

Other comments

I think you all would like to see me perform a run on the highest difficulty level. I'll think about it :)

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3137: raboni's SNES Tintin in Tibet in 21:15.95
Active player (276)
Let's see: E ROM used? Check Rerecord count low? Check Possible improvements? Check Not on hardest difficulty? Check First draft rather than a worthy submission? Check I don't see this doing well here.
I can't even find a U ROM for this game so maybe the E ROM is the only form? UNless it's released under a different name in U
Warepire
He/Him
Editor
GeoCorn wrote:
I can't even find a U ROM for this game so maybe the E ROM is the only form? UNless it's released under a different name in U
This is a Europe-only game, no U or J ROM exists. I need an encode before I can comment on anything else though.
Well how can I say what I want to say here. Technically this run seems fairly well done, although you often have hitpoints left at the end of a level, so I do question why you don't take more time-saving damage. But that being said this is just a bad game choice. This game appears that it could be run flawlessly by a skilled player on a console. And, a TAS should be something superhuman and special. This game just can't be made to show that I don't think. So I'm voting no. and unless the hard version is significantly different where-in split second timing is important, I don't think the hard version would make for a good TAS either. I hate to vote no on somebody who isn't a troll. This run just doesn't belong on the site
Skilled player (1307)
I have to agree with GeoCorn on this one. This game is just too simple & too slow paced for it to be made into any sort of entertaining movie. No Vote.
Don't let bad game choice get you down. Try TASing a different game. There are bound to be a few gems out there. There are thousands of games, and only a few hundred have actually been TASed.
hmm that's bad :) ok this is my first TAS run ever for a game and because I love/hate this game so much I thought I could try it on an emulator to bring my own time for this game to the lowest. @GeoCorn Aladdin for the SNES (which I own too) has made it on this site also and in comparison to this game it is much easier in my opinion...
Kitsune wrote:
Don't let bad game choice get you down. Try TASing a different game. There are bound to be a few gems out there.
After I thought about it I will either redo it with more speed improvement on difficult (which reduces only the timer, so there is no actual gaming difference to the medium skill) or beginning a TAS of another SNES game...
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... juicy!
Editor
If all it changes is the game timer then don't bother. Or just edit in the change in the beginning. But redoing everything to make it even more faster is of course a better option.