I can't write English well. So mistakes in the grammar is found a lot.
  • Emulator used: Snes9x rerecording 1.51 v6
    • Allow Left+Right/Up+Down
    • Fake Mute desync workaround
    • Sync samples with sound CPU
  • Aims for fastest time
  • Uses no warps
  • Abuses programming error in the game
  • Manipulates luck
  • Genre: Platform
About the run: This run is 1389 frames faster than the previous movie. I describe the main change part.
  • I improved acceleration and used "Pole glitch" in almost stages.
  • In 3-4, I improved the method of avoiding the Firepillar.
  • In 4-4, I used "Going through wall glitch" like the FDS version.
  • In 5-1, I improved the method of jumping over the highest wall.
  • In 6-4, I improved the method of avoiding 1st Long-firepillar and jumping to a 2nd correct route.
  • In next scene, I used "Going through corner glitch" to draw Mario to the right. The purpose is to avoid the lift and 2nd Long-firepillar.
  • In 7-4 and C-4, I used "Going through corner glitch" twice. Then I used "1/1 crouching run" to avoid Buzzy beetles.
    • 1/1 crouching run: It is possible to dash while having crouched when down and right are alternately pushed every 1 frame.
  • In water area of 8-4, I used "Crouching swim" and "Going through corner glitch" to avoid firepillar.
  • In 9-1, 9-2, and 9-4, I improved the method of using "Pole glitch".
  • In A-4, I kicked the red coopa ahead and stomp it to advance ahead at maximum speed. And I improved the method of beating Imt-Bowser.
  • In D-4, I used "Going through wall glitch" to avoid the Long-firepillar.
About other things in this game:

Nahoc: Added YT module.
Nach: Some of the previous runs of this game were a bit boring. Not this one though, it never fails to deliver. Great Koopa kicks, ridiculous out of nowhere high jumps, clever and *impossible* fireball shots, and other great shenanigans make this run fantastic. Accepting as improvement to previous runs.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Editor, Expert player (2313)
Very well done, yes vote!
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
Easy YES vote. Nice job!
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
making HD
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
Player (143)
Oh, I waited for this TAS for a long time ! Glad to finally watch your movie. I'll vote yes for big improvement and entertainment.
Editor, Skilled player (1404)
Excellent improvement right there and wonderful fireflower-action, voting yes
NitroGenesis
He/Him
HD encode complete: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4UtfnWRkNY I also have an SD encode ready, and I'll upload it tommorow.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
Editor, Experienced player (608)
Wow, very nice! Enjoyed all of the improvements. Yes vote!
Skilled player (1470)
Deeply impressive. Yes for the improvement
Do the work.
Incredible TAS, quite entertaining with the use of fireballs, too. I'd vote you a yes if I could- ...which I can now! Yes vote, without a doubt!
This TAS is very entertaining, I would like to say yes, but i can't vote.
Blah Blah Blah... Why I'm writing this?
This is amazing. Also someone with some time on his hands should update this list since Mario seems to be on a killing spree.
Active player (432)
This was a very nice treat! I could not imagine how much further this game could be entertaining through stylistic gameplay. Congratulations on this improvement and you made me a Happy Fist ^_^ Yes vote.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Experienced player (699)
I didn't mean to vote no! :( However, there are a few things that I'm not sure how they work in the SNES version. I have to wonder if time can be saved in a few places.
Super Mario Bros. console speedrunner - Andrew Gardikis
Expert player (2582)
This was my very first SNES cart and it is kinda special for me, but my Yes Vote is totally impartial :) good job.
I am old enough to know better, but not enough to do it.
Skilled player (1431)
Nice. My old run sucked a bit, this is a lot better :P
Agare Bagare Kopparslagare
Emulator Coder
Location: In his lab studying psychology to find new ways to torture TASers and forumers
andrewg wrote:
I didn't mean to vote no! :(
Fine when judging this, I'll imagine there was one more yes one and one less no vote ;)
Warning: Opinions expressed by Nach or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of Nach himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
Wow! Awesome run! It's fun to watch. This TAS probably has the "most-killing" out of all of the existing SMB runs. Once Mario gains fire power, there is only a small percentage of killable enemy that is not killed. The "TAS Body Counts" post should definitely be updated for this. Voting yes!
Thoroughly enjoyed this run. Voting yes.
NitroGenesis
He/Him
SD encode is now on MediaFire: http://www.mediafire.com/?o3pg6qc2dyodiaa
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Very nice! 6-4 and 7-4 were probably my favorite stages. I liked every time you killed two enemies with a single fireball. Just two questions though: * Do the "early-time-countdown" glitches from SMB1 warpless (the shell glitch, the vine glitch, etc.) fail to work in this version? * Why do you pick "Save & Continue" after 8-4 instead of just "Continue"?
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
...Oh, I didn't post in this thread? I thought I did. <_< Loved all the new glitching through walls in the castle levels, and the overall increase in action over the old run. Easy yes vote. :)
BigBoct
He/Him
Editor, Former player
mklip2001 wrote:
* Do the "early-time-countdown" glitches from SMB1 warpless (the shell glitch, the vine glitch, etc.) fail to work in this version?
That's what the extra SMV in the submission shows; when you do that glitch, the timer never counts down.
Previous Name: boct1584
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4138)
OK, I'm a bit on the late side, but whatever. Neat run, full of action and killing enemies :). (Late) Yes vote.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
mklip2001 wrote:
* Why do you pick "Save & Continue" after 8-4 instead of just "Continue"?
My guess is that he would have to in order to access World 9 and A-E. Don't quote me on that though.
Current projects: FDS Nazo no Murasamejou (hiatused), MSX Metal Gear 2, Arcade Rygar Possible Projects: MSX Nemesis 2, PCECD (NES?) Gofer no Yabou