Submission Text Full Submission Page
This is my TAS of Super Mario Advance 2 : Super Mario World .
This Game came out of by the Hay Day of the GB .
I didn`t get the best route (i know , i know !)
(It is my second TAS .)
This TAS took me 17 h !

Noxxa: Judging.
Noxxa: The submission comments alone already state it is improvable, and yet this error was not fixed before submission. The discussion thread links to a run which get all exits as well as all Dragon Coins and is over 15 minutes faster, which shows that this run is much subpar. Rejecting due to optimization issues.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Post subject: Re: #4314: ScienenceFX's GBA Super Mario Advance 2 : Super Mario World ""96 Exit"" in 1:41:48.53
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4141)
TASVideoAgent wrote:
I didn`t get the best route (i know , i know !)
Then why did you not correct this, if I may ask?
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Why this version, and not the SNES version? Also this:
Re-record count: 9337
That... is a very small number of re-records for a run of this length.
Samsara
She/They
Senior Judge, Site Admin, Expert player (2123)
We don't just publish any TAS here. I hope you know this. You can't just make mistakes and expect people to say it's okay. This isn't SDA, these aren't single-segment runs. You have the ability to rub out mistakes and bad routes at literally any time. Do that. Not watching so not voting, would vote no if I did watch.
TASvideos Admin and acting Senior Judge 💙 | Cohost
warmCabin wrote:
You shouldn't need a degree in computer science to get into this hobby.
Editor, Expert player (2316)
If I'm not wrong, this is also 96 Exits. Did you make sure your TAS beats this one? EDIT: I think the Youtube I linked is a reupload of this which lists 1:24:34.05 as the time.
Skilled player (1707)
MoldyOnions wrote:
Why this version, and not the SNES version? Also this:
Re-record count: 9337
That... is a very small number of re-records for a run of this length.
I'm more concerned about this statement:
This TAS took me 17 h !
That's really quick for a game of this complexity. 0_o
Experienced player (703)
NO VOTE!!!! Why so expressive? Because of THAT I posted it in GBA topic you could see it. I optimized more than 100 frames in one and half level :/
MUGG wrote:
If I'm not wrong, this is also 96 Exits. Did you make sure your TAS beats this one?
That is a 96 exits but takes all the coins, which the 96 doesn't.
Current: Rayman 3 maybe? idk xD Paused: N64 Rayman 2 (with Funnyhair) GBA SMA 4 : E Reader (With TehSeven) TASVideos is like a quicksand, you get in, but you cannot quit the sand
Player (172)
I'm afraid there're two persons working on SMA2 100% (i.e. all dragon coins) run, ISM and gbreeze. I don't know if you collected dragon coins but ISM's previous run (niconico, or youtube MUGG gave above) beats the game in 1:24:34.05. Still waiting for an encode but voting no maybe.
Retired because of that deletion event. Projects (WIP RIP): VIP3 all-exits "almost capeless yoshiless", VIP2 all-exits, TSRP2 "normal run"
Experienced player (544)
After I saw the movie time,I guessed that the movie is need optimizations in route or in gameplay,because this game is the same as the snes version with just small deferents. So,at least,the movie time must be almost 1h:20min When someone want to do a TAS,he must watch some published runs(canceled or WIP or youtube runs...) then trying to improve the watched run,as a choice,or following other ways,to get the final result:Published Movie I maded also some runs that was bad and they are know rejected because I was thinking that submitting is the only way to get the movie published without taking care with mistakes. In general,there is a lot of rules of TASing in order to make a goog TAS. P.S:The movie rerecord count is to low,and that means that the author didn't give the enough time for tasing(only 17h)
I still learn more about English. https://www.youtube.com/user/McBobX100
I wrote:
Working is the best way to achieve goals in speedruning. Hardworking is a pain.
got4n wrote:
NO VOTE!!!! Why so expressive? Because of THAT I posted it in GBA topic you could see it. I optimized more than 100 frames in one and half level :/
MUGG wrote:
If I'm not wrong, this is also 96 Exits. Did you make sure your TAS beats this one?
That is a 96 exits but takes all the coins, which the 96 doesn't.
You don't need to be so expressive... I think you should just say that the run is improvable, nothing more. :) I think being expressive in that way is nothing but bad for the newbie motivation or interest in TASing. Good luck for your next work ScienenceFX! I hope this was a great learning experience for your future TASes!
ars4326
He/Him
Experienced player (765)
Just wanted to also chime in that it's best to post these runs first in their respective forums to obtain feedback from the community. TASing games like Super Mario World is a very ambitious goal, and will likely become a long-term investment in order to create a publish worthy run. With that said, I hope you continue working on this, or any other games that interest you!
"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." - 1 Corinthians 2:9
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2312)
Lack of knowledge on game. Time is above 1:30:00 (Shouldn't be a big gap between SNES and GBA version) BUTTON (freakin) MASHING! WEAK RE-RECORD COUNT. MODE7 VERSION And Got4n was able to get a faster time then you. NO VOTE
ScienenceFX wrote:
This TAS took me 17 h !
I don't even need to explain how bad that is.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Experienced player (633)
No need of raging in here. Your face already expressed that.
Here, my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/dekutony
Editor, Expert player (2014)
Laziness is not appreciated.
effort on the first draft means less effort on any draft thereafter - some loser
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... juicy!