Submission Text Full Submission Page
tas of pinnochio optimised on one minute finish on 1min 41
compared to my old run finished on 12min42.9

feos: Rejecting for sub-optimality. Please use forums and user movie storage to make sure your movies are optimal before submitting.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #4458: gamerretro2's Genesis Pinocchio in 11:42.55
Player (23)
i have optimised all levels at frame
Editor, Skilled player (1505)
gamerretro2 wrote:
no you haven't
Favorite animal: STOCK Gt(ROSA)26Sortm1.1(rtTA,EGFP)Nagy Grm7Tg(SMN2)89Ahmb Smn1tm1Msd Tg(SMN2*delta7)4299Ahmb Tg(tetO-SMN2,-luc)#aAhmb/J YouTube Twitch
Player (23)
for me i think optimised at the frame
ars4326
He/Him
Experienced player (764)
gamerretro2, welcome to the community. You should go ahead and cancel your 1st submission since you've submitted this new one. Also, it is fine to take your time when optimizing (spending a couple of days to make sure you've improved the movie as much as you can). Hope you get a published run!
"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." - 1 Corinthians 2:9
Player (23)
Didn't watch the whole thing, but... 5:50, looks like you get hit when you don't need to, get knocked back, and need a couple extra jumps to recover. 6:20, instead of jumping straight to the ledge's edge like you do for almost all the others, you overshoot it and fall back down to it. Really doesn't seem very optimized.
Skilled player (1436)
gamerretro2 wrote:
I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Current projects: NES: Tetris "fastest 999999" (improvement, with r57shell) Genesis: Adventures of Batman & Robin (with Truncated); Pocahontas; Comix Zone (improvement); Mickey Mania (improvement); RoboCop versus The Terminator (improvement); Gargoyles (with feos)
Editor, Expert player (2313)
Your butterfly fight looked improvable. Why did you take damage on the rails (at least 2 times)? In the cave, you jumped into a rock and fell back although it could have been avoided.
Player (23)
MUGG wrote:
Your butterfly fight looked improvable. Why did you take damage on the rails (at least 2 times)? In the cave, you jumped into a rock and fell back although it could have been avoided.
i don't know
WST
She/Her
Active player (442)
gamerretro2 wrote:
MUGG wrote:
Why did you take damage on the rails (at least 2 times)?
i don't know
S3&A [Amy amy%] improvement (with Evil_3D & kaan55) — currently in SPZ2 my TAS channel · If I ever come into your dream, I’ll be riding an eggship :)
Active player (434)
lol
TAS i'm interested: megaman series: mmbn1 all chips, mmx3 any% psx glitched fighting games with speed goals in general
Editor, Experienced player (882)
Why do you miss so many hits on the butterflies? Even if it's not possible to hit them at that time, it makes it look sloppy. Even so, I'm sure that it's improvable. And like others have said, you seem to take damage for no real reason. Even so, improving this game to a perfect state I don't think it would be very entertaining. Sure the graphics, animation and sound are good, it's just that the gameplay makes it very lackluster.
Current thoughts: Hachiemon (J) for GBA.
Active player (471)
Beautiful in so many ways.. /schedules appointment for eye doctor
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
This TAS loses points from me because it's not using hardest difficulty. I actually had to open up the input to see if there was any difficulty switching but there wasn't any. Note: When switching difficulty the action is very fast and it all happens over a black screen. Also input doesn't end when it should end, man I love checking final input. Giving it a Meh overall.
    Normal Difficulty Boring at all hell. Especially with only 1 speed majority of the time. No playful input while walking? Common! Wanted to gouge my eyes out TAS can be improved at certain points
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Active player (441)
Archanfel wrote:
gamerretro2 wrote:
post of the year
My current project: Something mysterious (oooooh!) My username is all lower-case letters. Please get it right :(
Expert player (2582)
A picture is worth a thousand words... But when we are working on a TAS everything looks perfect to us. Don't get discouraged, gamerretro2. Pinocchio is one of my favorite games (I prefer the SNES version though), so good luck perfecting it.
I am old enough to know better, but not enough to do it.
Player (23)
i can tas snes version if you want you dooty
gamerretro2 wrote:
Yes that's what needs to be done, not optimization, just play the game on a different console. Everything else will fix itself. :)
Expert player (2582)
gamerretro2 wrote:
That would be great, but please, take your time. You can post your WIPs on the SNES forum. Or if you don't want to create a new topic there, post it in your "user files". Also, don't try to make it in one shot, I mean finish a stage and post your WIP. This way we can give you feedback and or advice. And again, good luck! edit:
Antronach wrote:
gamerretro2 wrote:
You beat me by a few secs, apparently.
I am old enough to know better, but not enough to do it.
Skilled player (1436)
Game is nice in many aspects. Do not surrender, continue perfecting it to the limit and your third (...or fourth) better optimized movie can be accepted. Good luck in next time! +My 5 cents for further optimisation: in underwater level in several places you can ride on Batoidea and save some time. For example you easily can do it at 7:43 in your current movie: Link to video
gamerretro2 wrote:
Since you started on genesis version - would be logical to keep working on genesis version.
I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Current projects: NES: Tetris "fastest 999999" (improvement, with r57shell) Genesis: Adventures of Batman & Robin (with Truncated); Pocahontas; Comix Zone (improvement); Mickey Mania (improvement); RoboCop versus The Terminator (improvement); Gargoyles (with feos)
Editor, Expert player (2313)
Did you check for Left+Right or "same frame" glitches in the SNES and Genesis versions? By "same frame" I mean: die + pause die + get a health item (if there is one in the game?) die + reach level end pause + reach level end etc.
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
Tested the first level (in Bizhawk). Gen+ has different lag, but pure 1st room difference is 13 frames. http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/info/18153571107357575 This submission misses the trick where different jumping before the spinning wood thing allows you to get different X position boost. Maximum I had is 22 pixels per frame. In this submission, it's only about 12 ppf. X position address is $FFE404.
           retro    feos     diff
Level 1
start      462      471      -9 

Level 2
start      1384     1381     +3 

Level 1
length     923      910      +13
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... juicy!