• Played using Famtasia
  • No warps or passwords used.
  • Played on Difficulty Level 2 (the default, of 4)
  • Basic Speed Run.
  • Damage is taken to save time, no deaths
  • Manipulates Luck
The only difference between difficulty settings is the amount of damage enemies, including bosses, take. I felt the boss fights took unnecessarily long as is, so I felt the default difficult would be sufficient (as well as the fact that the previous submission used the same setting)
I am not sure if this is a glitch or a feature, but you can jump immediately after leaving ball form, whether you're on the ground or not. After the first boss, there is a graphical glitch that I'm not sure how to reproduce, but it in no way affects the time.
There is a glitch that warps you to the top of platforms in level 3-1 when you are close enough to the bottom of them.
Super Turrican was definately an interesting find for me. It plays very similarly to Metroid, but uses a weapon system similar to that of the older Contra games, and you have infinite ammo. Also, the exploration element is limited to the majority of the levels consisting of one or two paths that continue through the game, while the rest simply are dead ends, with no way of knowing which way is correct other than to memorize it.
This mazelike design made this game horribly frustrating my first few times through, until I got the levels mapped out. Even with the levels memorized, the jumps require to complete the game are very repetitive. The run is not perfect, but Super Turrican is very difficult to do speed runs on in my opinion.
The previous video for this game was done very slowly. Hesitating at most jumps, and killing enemies to save health (even though the author takes damage elsewhere, and has much health leftover at the end) whereas I just blow straight through them. The author also took much longer on bosses. In addition, I also received a higher overall score than the previous video's author.
This is an update of an update of a previous submission. Much faster and more efficient. This one cuts 59 seconds off of my own previous time.

Bisqwit: Thanks. Processing.

Zerstorung: For some reason, the audio in the .avi plays slightly ahead of the video. It really doesn't affect the gameplay, but it is noticable after it starts adding up.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #491: Zerstorung's NES Super Turrican in 10:21.82
Former player
Awesomeness! Bisqwit, seeing as this is a Famtasia PAL submission, shouldn't the time be changed to 12:06? -Josh
but then you take my 75 perchance chance of winning, if we was to go one-on-one, and then add 66 and two-thirds ch...percents...i got a 141 and two-thirds chance of winning at sacrifice
Editor, Active player (296)
Josh the FunkDOC wrote:
Bisqwit, seeing as this is a Famtasia PAL submission, shouldn't the time be changed to 12:06?
I tested the ROM with "-pal 1" option of fceu, and I couldn't see a difference between its timing and the timing of the previous AVI. I think the ROM automatically adjusts and thus works properly even if played in NTSC.
Former player
Oh, didn't know that, thanks! This same property doesn't hold true for any of the other Famtasia PAL movies here, does it? -Josh
but then you take my 75 perchance chance of winning, if we was to go one-on-one, and then add 66 and two-thirds ch...percents...i got a 141 and two-thirds chance of winning at sacrifice
Editor, Active player (296)
Josh the FunkDOC wrote:
This same property doesn't hold true for any of the other Famtasia PAL movies here, does it?
I've listed them at the bottom of the TODO page.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [277] NES Super Turrican by Zerstorung in 10:21.82
the first movie of the year. excellent improvement, Zerstorung.
I am a Mega Man fan that hates Megaman X8.
Former player
Looks great. Bosses handled much less clumsily(though a couple missed shots here and there... hardly noticeable). I wanted this to be improved for so long, and finally it has been.