(Link to video)
Submission Text Full Submission Page
^^^^^^NO IT DOESN'T!!!!!^^^^^^
:(
I always forget how to insert a youtube module thing... uuh I think it was like this?

Game objectives

• Emulator used: lsnes rr2-β22b1 why do we even put this here I mean it is right there on the right at the submission page
  • glitchfest
  • playaround
  • look at all the glitches dude
  • RIP chuck

Comments

This Prefill submission comments feature is really helpful! I always liked it! Now to the run:
I FINALLY FINISHED THE GLITCHFEST OMG. It's very glitchy and I hope everyone likes it.
Those who can figure out what happens get a cookie maybe. (Wait, isn't the submission text supposed to explain what happens... well screw that I already put too much effort into the run itself ugh)

Optimization

Yes, I really optimized this, as you can see.

Stage by stage comments

Heh.

Other comments

GREAT JOB YOUTUBE
(Watch in 60fps to avoid this)

Noxxa: This glitchfest is fun, but it's about 30 minutes too long for what it is. Rejecting.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #4638: Masterjun's SNES Super Mario World "glitchfest" in 33:33.33
Masterjun
He/Him
Site Developer, Skilled player (1970)
Also, this should be console verifiable... unlike some OTHER RUNS...
Warning: Might glitch to credits I will finish this ACE soon as possible (or will I?)
Experienced player (703)
Masterjun wrote:
Also, this should be console verifiable... unlike some OTHER RUNS...
Voting no, because I hate you. ps: I'm joking. lel
Current: Rayman 3 maybe? idk xD Paused: N64 Rayman 2 (with Funnyhair) GBA SMA 4 : E Reader (With TehSeven) TASVideos is like a quicksand, you get in, but you cannot quit the sand
TAS of the year.
Editor, Skilled player (1404)
There appears to have been an error in the youtube encode, the video glitches out at around 50 seconds in and it then cuts off. Can you reupload please???
Expert player (2582)
scrimpeh wrote:
There appears to have been an error in the youtube encode,
Now, that's what I call a glitchfest run! Even the YouTube video glitched out... :)
I am old enough to know better, but not enough to do it.
Fortranm
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (780)
Voting yes for the true glitchfest!
Amaraticando
It/Its
Editor, Player (158)
How come the TAS is 33:33.33 and the encode is 1:20? Unless there's a full encode in 5K60, I'll refrain from voting :p
Masterjun
He/Him
Site Developer, Skilled player (1970)
Ever heard of special relativity? lel
Warning: Might glitch to credits I will finish this ACE soon as possible (or will I?)
Moderator, Senior Ambassador, Experienced player (898)
Oh... my. I assure everyone, this movie is definitely the length that Masterjun says it is, at least by frame count. If you want to see what happens after the encode on Youtube ends, you'll have to snag lsnes and try it yourself. Fair warning - at least on my system, the speed drops to below 100% as soon as the crazy starts. It will take longer to dump this than it would to watch it but I'll try to console verify this tonight. Maybe. Perhaps true will beat me to it. :)
I was laid off in May 2023 and could use support via Patreon or onetime donations as I work on TASBot Re: and TASBot HD. I'm dwangoAC, part of the senior staff of TASVideos as the Senior Ambassador and BDFL of the TASBot community; I post TAS content on YouTube.com/dwangoAC based on livestreams from Twitch.tv/dwangoAC.
Looks glitchy enough for me. Yes vote.
that how you glitch a game ! yes vote
Active player (325)
Is it just me, or is SMW no longer a game, but the world's worst programming IDE?
Skilled player (1706)
CtrlAltDestroy wrote:
Is it just me, or is SMW no longer a game, but the world's worst programming IDE?
no, that's pokemon. ;)
Experienced player (630)
jlun2 wrote:
CtrlAltDestroy wrote:
no, that's pokemon. ;)
I thought it was Mario 64
Here, my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/dekutony
^Definitely Pokemon. Super Mario 64 doesn't have arbitrary code execution discovered yet. Pokemon has multiple different ways to trigger arbitrary code, as well as numerous memory corruption glitches. Super Mario World has multiple arbitrary code triggers as well but all except 1 require superhuman timing to pull off and are unlikely to be discovered without tool-assistance.
AntyMew
It/Its
Encoder, Player (35)
Zowayix wrote:
Super Mario World has multiple arbitrary code triggers as well but all except 1 require superhuman timing to pull off and are unlikely to be discovered without tool-assistance.
SMW game end glitch has been done in RTA
Just a Mew! 〜 It/She ΘΔ 〜
Anty-Lemon wrote:
Zowayix wrote:
Super Mario World has multiple arbitrary code triggers as well but all except 1 require superhuman timing to pull off and are unlikely to be discovered without tool-assistance.
SMW game end glitch has been done in RTA
"all except 1 [of the triggers] require superhuman timing" The one I'm referring to is the Cloud glitch which I'm aware is doable and has been done in real time. The other two SMW game end glitch movies published to this site require a setup that as far as I know cannot/has never been done in real time.
Pokota
He/Him
Desync at 32:29::41, enters the Bowser fight and does nothing. Or is that intentional?
Adventures in Lua When did I get a vest?
Plush
Other
Player (152)
Voted no because you can save 2f
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... crunchy!