Submission Text Full Submission Page
This was just a fun little TAS that I made. It was my first one that is meant to be at least semi-optimal. I can save about 3 IRL seconds I think in the full thing, but I personally will not be going back to fix it.

Game objectives

• Emulator used: BizHawk 1.9.4
  • Just a fun little TAS that I threw together. :)
  • Meant to just be for fun, I did end up losing a little bit of time on Donut Secret 1, Vanilla Secret 1, and Star World 4 (just a tad bit on DS1 and SW4)

Comments

This was just made by me as a first real TAS that I made that was meant to be at least semi-optimal. Just in good fun, it did beat the WR by quite a bit, but, as said, loses about 3 seconds from optimal.

Other comments

I think that since PangaeaPanga has pretty much already made one of these, I may as well not go back and get it perfect. I will be focusing on more SMW ROM hacks instead of the official game, since there is no way I can improve the TASes of the official game.

Noxxa: Hello StarOfDoom, and welcome to TASVideos.
The submission queue is intended for runs that are optimal and publishable on the site. We do not just publish anyone's first take on this category. Your submission fails to beat existing records, and is suboptimal as you admit, so I will reject it for these reasons.
If you intend to just upload a movie file not for publication, please use userfiles instead of the submission queue.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #4765: StarOfDoom's SNES Super Mario World "Low%" in 16:24.03
Fog
Experienced player (626)
Perhaps Low%, no ACE would be a more applicable branch
that was meant to be at least semi-optimal
there is no way I can improve the TASes of the official game
Uhhhh. So... why are you submitting this?
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Masterjun
He/Him
Site Developer, Skilled player (1970)
Hello StarOfDoom and welcome to TASVideos! You seem to have misunderstood what the submission page is for. It is only for optimized TASes. You realized that it is hard to reach the levels of optimization of the current TASes of this game. Even so, try to compare to them while TASing. You will learn new techniques to optimize your own TAS. Then, when you are pretty confident that your movie isn't "just for fun" and when you are sure you can't further optimize it, then you can submit the movie, not before that. Did you see the text at the top of the submission page that said: please ensure that your movie [...] beats all known records if going for speed. And if you read further, you can see: If you are simply looking for a place to store your movie files for distribution to other members, please consider user files. In short, don't submit sub-optimal movies, try to be as optimal as you can be before submitting, and if you are looking for feedback use the user files.
Warning: Might glitch to credits I will finish this ACE soon as possible (or will I?)
Techokami
He/Him
Yeah, "for fun" TASes aren't for submission. User files are for WIPs and "for fun" runs. If you're submitting, you're playing for keeps. In which case, this ancient, obsolete submission beats your run by over 5 seconds. So, voting no.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
stares at Techokami Oi, genius! This is a "small only" TAS not a normal 11 exit one.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Masterjun
He/Him
Site Developer, Skilled player (1970)
Btw, everyone. This is the low% category, which makes no sense for this game, because it doesn't have a percentage counter. Still, the RTAers for SMW thought it would be a good idea to call the small only way of beating this game low%, so that's what this is.
Techokami wrote:
this ancient, obsolete submission beats your run by over 5 seconds. So, voting no.
Did you actually watch this movie? If you did, you should have seen that he doesn't collect powerups. The movie you linked is another category. But, the movie Spikestuff linked is still faster than this movie.
Warning: Might glitch to credits I will finish this ACE soon as possible (or will I?)
AzumaK
He/Him
Here, have a 'Yes' vote that essentially means welcome to TASvideos, we all have made some sort of mistake at some point around here. We look forward to seeing any movie that you want to submit that meets the current rules and guidelines. Thanks for wanting to share, though! :]
Currently obsessed with: Mega Man 2 hacks, SFA3, Super Metroid Zero Mission, MM8BDM (Skulltag MegaMan mod, it's amazing!)
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... minty!