Submission Text Full Submission Page
Going for a fastest time, saving a lot of time by completely skipping training sessions. As per the instruction manual it's possible to skip training by pushing the D button in any direction and button 1 or 2 when the description comes up on screen. Using a glitch by getting in close enough and almost going beyond Drago in order to easily beat him without him hitting back.

Fog: Replaced submission with spiked inputs, as well as removing the branch name.
Also, judging.
Fog: This is an interesting run, since it skips the training sections of the game. However, the actual fights for fights one and three are slower in game time compared to the previous publication. This brings up a rare situation for obsoletion:
"In rare cases, there will be a sloppier movie that is faster than a more optimized movie due to the use of a major skip discovery. In this case, the faster of the two movies is preferred"
Despite the actual fights being slower than the previous publication, this is indeed the faster movie because it skips the training sections of the game.
Accepting to Vault as an improvement to the previous publication.
Fog: As an improvement has been made in the Apollo fight by another author, and no update from the original author, I will instead be rejecting this run for not beating a known record.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #5541: Cheesestringxx's SMS Rocky in 03:02.99
Challenger
He/Him
Skilled player (1638)
For reference: [2149] SMS Rocky by Olivebates in 05:19.43 Nice improvements, but, there's a BIG flaw: You didn't ended input AFTER defeats the last opponent (I totally disliked this). So, isn't necessary to continue the movie during and after the credits. EDIT: More appropriate ending input (Not necessary to put me as a co-author): http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/info/39638765830590597 (Removed 4826 frames of blank input) Glad to see another Dega run improved, but this game isn't much entertaining for me. Sorry, Meh vote. Another thing: This movie ONLY syncs on the versions prior of BizHawk 1.11.9.
My homepage --Currently not much motived for TASing as before...-- But I'm still working.
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
This IS no SO big OF a FLAW when one forgets to trim the movie. Way better than forgetting to optimize it.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Fog
Experienced player (626)
Is there a reason that the actual fights themselves take more time compared to the previous publication? Old - New 1:20 - 0:59 0:44 - 0:45 1:11 - 0:56
Alyosha
He/Him
Editor, Expert player (3532)
Hi, I found out that you can KO Apollo at least after the second knockdown. Here is a movie that does it (syncs in most recent version of BizHawk.) I just used random button presses after the second knockdown, since I noticed there is some variation in the count if you randomly punch before the screen transitions, and by chance it led to a KO. I imagine you can do this to the other fighters as well (maybe even after the first knockdown?) so this run can be improved significantly. http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/info/39828386441038365 EDIT: also, GG and SMS runs really should be made using versions of BizHawk after 1.19, since significant accuracy improvements were made at that time. I know we're not real strict about bizhawk versioning, but in this case it does matter.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, salty!