Submission Text Full Submission Page
Fastest TAS made of this game.

Game objectives

• Emulator used: FCEUX 2.2.3
  • Fastest completion
  • Swag

Comments

Took me about 30 minutes to make. Thanks to SkipTheCat and B1GEY3DPYTH0N who i spoke to about different strategies in this game.

Stage by stage comments

1-1

Relatively easy; buffer jump to start off, then quick L+R taps to get good sub pixels for blazit.

1-2

Start the level off with good blazit sub pixels, so no manipulation needed. Held left for a bit to do FPG.

1-3

Quick devils spell (could be improved), and beautiful second and last clip. King Koopa normally cooperates and turns so you can go through him.

Other comments

Fun clips and glitches

Blazit, FPG, devil's spell, running through Koopa

Faster first clip in 1-3

Went a little slow with the clip

Masterjun: Judging
Masterjun: Hello DMTASpeedruns and welcome to TASVideos. For a ROM hack to be accepted here it must be a notable game and provide unique content, different from TASes of the original game. The concept of this game is clipping through walls, which is already a part of existing TASes. For more information about hacks, read the according section in our Movie Rules.
For a ROM hack submission we also require a patch file so we are able to replay the TAS on our own computer.
Rejected for being a bad game choice.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #6259: DMTASpeedruns's NES Unknown Game in 01:02.56
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
I'm going to assume that this is the encode: Link to video Unfortunately this TAS is not a quality hack in comparison to: [1336] NES Extra Mario Bros. by HappyLee in 19:24.68 and [2627] NES Hard Relay Mario by HappyLee in 08:14.95 If you did not mean for submission I do suggest uploading it to the User Files. An IPS file to the hack would be nice to have as well.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
EZGames69
He/They
Publisher, Reviewer, Expert player (3968)
A pretty boring hack to be honest. It also seems kinda sloppy, there are some clips where you try to slow down to get but any clip after that you do without hesitation. I assume it’s due to speed or something but either way, it’s not interesting. No vote.
[14:15] <feos> WinDOES what DOSn't 12:33:44 PM <Mothrayas> "I got an oof with my game!" Mothrayas Today at 12:22: <Colin> thank you for supporting noble causes such as my feet MemoryTAS Today at 11:55 AM: you wouldn't know beauty if it slapped you in the face with a giant fish [Today at 4:51 PM] Mothrayas: although if you like your own tweets that's the online equivalent of sniffing your own farts and probably tells a lot about you as a person MemoryTAS Today at 7:01 PM: But I exert big staff energy honestly lol Samsara Today at 1:20 PM: wouldn't ACE in a real life TAS just stand for Actually Cease Existing
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
It seems like you've got a pretty solid technical performance if you're talking about optimizing subpixels for wall zips. Stage 3 looks pretty slow at the beginning; why do you need to hop up the wall a second time for that first zip? As mentioned, it's not really an interesting hack either, and hacks have stricter standards for publication on the site. Thanks for the submission, but it's a No on entertainment from me.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Post subject: Slowing down
DMTASpeedruns
He/Him
EZGames69 wrote:
A pretty boring hack to be honest. It also seems kinda sloppy, there are some clips where you try to slow down to get but any clip after that you do without hesitation. I assume it’s due to speed or something but either way, it’s not interesting. No vote.
The slowing down (if youre talking about what i think is to manipulate sub pixels to do the clips)
DMTASpeedruns
He/Him
mklip2001 wrote:
It seems like you've got a pretty solid technical performance if you're talking about optimizing subpixels for wall zips. Stage 3 looks pretty slow at the beginning; why do you need to hop up the wall a second time for that first zip? As mentioned, it's not really an interesting hack either, and hacks have stricter standards for publication on the site. Thanks for the submission, but it's a No on entertainment from me.
as the description said, the first clip is a bit slow, im working on a way to get it to be faster
Editor, Skilled player (1410)
I don't know a lot about SMB, but I think you don't need to slow down that much to get a good subpixel. I don't see why you would need to lose more than 1 frame slowing down. EDIT: Nevermind, I rewatched it and understood better what happened. I'm confused about the last clip, though. Couldn't it be done quicker?
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVoUfT49xN9TU-gDMHv57sw Projects: SMW 96 exit. SDW any%, with Amaraticando. SMA2 SMW small only Kaizo Mario World 3
Experienced player (820)
Do you think it's very long to make a TAS in 30 minutes? We usually need more than 1 minute to make 1 second long movie. Since you are a beginner you should take more time than us. A 1 minute TAS should take you more than 1 hour. At least there shouldn't be any visible slow down point.
Taechuk
He/Him
Player (60)
Took me about 30 minutes to make.
That's already a no. To add another reason this can't get accepted, this hack is pretty boring and is most probably not eligible to submission.
DMTASpeedruns
He/Him
Mars608 wrote:
Do you think it's very long to make a TAS in 30 minutes? We usually need more than 1 minute to make 1 second long movie. Since you are a beginner you should take more time than us. A 1 minute TAS should take you more than 1 hour. At least there shouldn't be any visible slow down point.
tht version took me 30 minutes, but as you can see, ive been tasing it for a while as is visible here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAANjiODwXY
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
That's nice and all, but I would like to reiterate my opening post.
Spikestuff wrote:
An IPS file to the hack would be nice to have as well.
This is especially important for the judge who can actually go into it and verify your movie.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... minty!
Post subject: Don't vote purely based on time taken
Masterjun
He/Him
Site Developer, Skilled player (1970)
For reference everyone: Voting No simply because he took 30 minutes to make this 1 minute run is not a good idea. Back when I was new to the site I made and submitted this 10 minute run in 4 hours, which is only 24 minutes per 1 minute TAS. It wasn't the best TAS, but it was acceptable and at least worth a watch before voting.
Warning: Might glitch to credits I will finish this ACE soon as possible (or will I?)
Wobmiar
She/Her
Player (75)
I always make sure to watch the movie before voting anyway. But I admit seeing 30 minutes kinda influenced me, can't help to find it a bit... Low :3
I like colors
EZGames69
He/They
Publisher, Reviewer, Expert player (3968)
not every game takes the same amount of time to tas, especially if it's a minute long tas that is a simple platformer.
[14:15] <feos> WinDOES what DOSn't 12:33:44 PM <Mothrayas> "I got an oof with my game!" Mothrayas Today at 12:22: <Colin> thank you for supporting noble causes such as my feet MemoryTAS Today at 11:55 AM: you wouldn't know beauty if it slapped you in the face with a giant fish [Today at 4:51 PM] Mothrayas: although if you like your own tweets that's the online equivalent of sniffing your own farts and probably tells a lot about you as a person MemoryTAS Today at 7:01 PM: But I exert big staff energy honestly lol Samsara Today at 1:20 PM: wouldn't ACE in a real life TAS just stand for Actually Cease Existing